Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best radiohead album
pablo honey
the bends
ok computer
kid a
amnesiac
hail to the thief
in rainbows
View Results

• Locked thread
Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
knives out sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
and hey you didn't include king of limbs in the poll

lol

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLitnT6w9h0

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
OK Computer, but best music is still
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrTB-iiecqk

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvBPCm25z4I

e:

Horniest Manticore posted:

knives out sucks

If there is a god above you'll end up trapped in the Andes with a bunch of strangers and a tibia compound fracture. :colbert:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jan 7, 2015

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
this is the best radiohead album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWG9xPWsg_g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbjMEUmwp2o

logical phalluses fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jan 7, 2015

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Can we please talk, for a moment, about how bad their lyrics are? They're not good.

Also the best song Thom Yorke ever put out is Black Swan.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also Thom Yorke described Radio Head as "the least annoying song on True Stories," so I don't think he appreciates great music.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Yeah their lyrics are actually really bad. They are always just vague enough to seem deep and important.

The best is when Thom Yorke tries to do solo stuff and it is just limp dick as gently caress

One of the funniest shits on somethingawful.com from back in the day was the music review of radiohead by dr thorpe

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
Thom Yorke was a goon.

Guess what 'staircase' ‎is really about.

BAN 01/07/13 02:52am Cymbal Rush GET OUT CREEP! Aatrek Aatrek

open container
Sep 16, 2008
voted 1 no king of limbs option

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

The Whole Internet posted:

it is amnesiac

people were stupid back in the day and wrote it off as some sort of Kid A b-sides album but actually they saved the better half of the songs from the session for last, deliberately. and that's what it is

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
Their best track is Worrywort, but it isn't on any of these albums OP

Need a more comprehensive poll

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Their best songs are rare import b-sides and unreleased bootleg demo material the whole band agreed was not worth recording properly.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Also Thom Yorke described Radio Head as "the least annoying song on True Stories," so I don't think he appreciates great music.

Oh well now that dobbie looking lazy eyed human being is 100% dead to me.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

Horniest Manticore posted:

and hey you didn't include king of limbs in the poll

lol

This, but unironically

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

True Stories was the worst TH album, and Radio Head was not one of the better songs on the album. So he's in the ballpark but slightly off, much like his pitch.

slyo
Sep 25, 2007

toasty
post thom yorke spinning head gif

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
here's one of him dancing like a retard

there are like a thousand of these, because he dances like a retard a lot

e: this one? because there's like a thousand spinning loving heads too

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

bonestructure posted:

he dances like a retard a lot

please post a vid of yourself dancing, tia

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
no you

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
The King of Limbs > everything on The Bends except maybe Street Spirit

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Whole Internet posted:

True Stories was the worst TH album, and Radio Head was not one of the better songs on the album. So he's in the ballpark but slightly off, much like his pitch.
True Stories is better than Little Creatures, Naked, and Speaking in Tongues.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
True Stories isn't a great album, but the film is the closest thing I have to religion and the songs on the soundtrack- sung by the individual actors, rather than by the band- is much better. Thom Yorke is just a bad man and I want to bat him around his face with angry open palms for three uninterrupted minutes.

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Can't believe everyone loves 'Street spirit' so much, it is the most boring song on The Bends and easily one of the most generic radiohead songs. That generic-rear end guitar part.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

spooky girlfriend posted:

That generic-rear end guitar part.

the godawful livejournal lyrics

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
why isn't king of limbs on there? it's a great album and ur dumb if you don't agree.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

a bone to pick posted:

why isn't king of limbs on there? it's a great album and ur dumb if you don't agree.

im dumb and however great it apparently is live, the studio version is the avatar of valium

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
theres a reggae album that covers radiohead songs its called radiodred. look:

http://youtu.be/wKIvYmlOS_o

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
in rainbows my fav radiohead album lol

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ilikedirt posted:

in rainbows my fav radiohead album lol

when i was 19 i had got into radiohead after thinking they were total poo poo maybe a few months earlier, and all through my teenage years hating on radiohead. so i went into in rainbows kind of hoping but ready to hate it. man thats a good album

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

TEAYCHES posted:

when i was 19 i had got into radiohead after thinking they were total poo poo maybe a few months earlier, and all through my teenage years hating on radiohead. so i went into in rainbows kind of hoping but ready to hate it. man thats a good album

i showed dis to a economy class and it made a girl and a boy both cry http://youtu.be/DV1hQSt2hSE

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

I can see plausible arguments for Little Creatures being worse, but not the other two. The bad production on Speaking in Tongues doesn't stop the songs from being better written and more enjoyable (for me anyway). And Naked, while very uneven, has some of the band's best songs (Bill, Cool Water, Ruby Dear).

mysterious frankie posted:

True Stories isn't a great album, but the film is the closest thing I have to religion and the songs on the soundtrack- sung by the individual actors, rather than by the band- is much better. Thom Yorke is just a bad man and I want to bat him around his face with angry open palms for three uninterrupted minutes.

The movie is good, yes. For some weird reason, watching David Byrne have autism in Texas is therapeutic.

The Whole Internet fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jan 8, 2015

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
king of limbs is actually a pretty good album i was always confused when the consensus amongst "True Radiohead Fans" was that it sucked

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ilikedirt posted:

i showed dis to a economy class and it made a girl and a boy both cry http://youtu.be/DV1hQSt2hSE

:( i just watched that video

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

FactsAreUseless posted:

Speaking in Tongues could just be 45 minutes of Dave moaning while jacking it and it would still be 5 stars as long as it finished with this must be the place.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I like the There Will Be Blood soundtrack.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Can't believe everyone loves 'Street spirit' so much, it is the most boring song on The Bends and easily one of the most generic radiohead songs. That generic-rear end guitar part.

it created that generic sound, you buffoon.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

thathonkey posted:

king of limbs is actually a pretty good album i was always confused when the consensus amongst "True Radiohead Fans" was that it sucked

it is genuinely ,objectively their best one. radiohead fans are a pack of absolute dickeahds,, and ive been into them since 1994 so I've met the whole sepctrum.

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

opus111 posted:

it created that generic sound, you buffoon.

lmao that you believe that, you definitely don't play guitar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

lmao that you believe that, you definitely don't play guitar

nah i find it a boring instrument to play. I can play street spirit though!!

• Locked thread