Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
youre wife
Dec 25, 2014

by Ralp
Huffypo has some big plans on saving Detroit.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/26/detroit-in-20-years-2033_n_4269422.html

This inspired me to think of some ways to help out this great, but struggling city. Being an incredibly lazy person, I wanted to do it with the least effort possible. Here are a few ideas:

Fallout Theme Park

Detroit Pistons could play the super mutants, and hire crackheads to be ghouls. Have a currency exchange to buy caps, and make caps the only recognized currency at shops in the city. It would be like how you never spend all the money on those stupid gift cards. Free cash for the city. This might need approval from Bethesda, but I'm sure they would support preserving this historic city.

Cat Sanctuary

There are roughly 58 billion unwanted cats in America. Carpet the towers of Detroit, and let the kitties roam free. The starving citizens can be hired as park rangers The city could be maintained through park funds, and safari tours.

How will you save Detroit? Post your proposals here!

youre wife fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jan 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I posted a bunch of Detroit pix in the "war torn middle east" thread and nobody noticed

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Poor person safari

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Gigantic swap meet / flea market only what for the drugs and handjobs

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a place where the rich go to hunt sub-humans for sport

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

amityville anus posted:

I posted a bunch of Detroit pix in the "war torn middle east" thread and nobody noticed

Lol

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
Perpetual rap music festival, with a cordon within which all crime is allowed and there is no rule of law. The only food is Big Macs and faygo soda and you have to kill every day. Bodies are harvested by combines every day to make the next days ration of bigmacs

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

wait how about we take all the immigrants that PROULD GOD BLESSED PATROITS refuse to have anywhere near them in any other state. itd be like loving neo new york only theres already empty buildings everywhere

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

soy posted:

a place where the rich go to hunt sub-humans for sport

gladiatorial combat in Ford Field

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sarif industries will save Detroit by creating thousands of high paying biotech jobs.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

detroit 2033

war was beginning

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

etalian posted:

Sarif industries will save Detroit by creating thousands of high paying biotech jobs.

you cant keep doing that it doesnt need more educated white people, i dont even live in detroit i commute. you got to have people in housing, paying taxes, spending money

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

etalian posted:

High pating biotech handjobs, mo' like. Augmented pinky to taint action.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

new orleans was sunk beneath the ocean and left a post apocalyptic mess for months afterwards and its in better shape than detroit

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Bacon Hat posted:

you cant keep doing that it doesnt need more educated white people, i dont even live in detroit i commute. you got to have people in housing, paying taxes, spending money

Be reasonable. If you can get sarif to poo poo out mechanized nanocrack then we're talking turkey here.

youre wife
Dec 25, 2014

by Ralp

the new pleb posted:

Poor person safari
by 2033 approximately %100 of the population will be infected with toxoplasmosis, making my cat safari an expensive and highly desired destination.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Start a grey market organ transplant business and bill it as surgical theater.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Shits called MoTown2033 where every doowhop artist has most of their body blown off in drive-bys. Using the latest chin-to-helmet technology, the singers croon about the latest union pay cut or how their pensions got cut. And sweet delicious crack rock

Also, for the love of loving god, maybe they can have an obligatory hidden track on each track about the fabled motor city knuckle shuffle I keep hearing myself talk about? Is thay too much to ask?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

youre wife posted:

by 2033 approximately %100 of the population will be infected with toxoplasmosis, making my cat safari an expensive and highly desired destination.

stop i can only get so aroused

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

all those building are there because of the industrial revolution and cars. theres no more industrial to revolute anymore accept for cars and we already hosed that up by racing ourselves to the bottom and selling the remaining factory jobs abroad.

what the gently caress can detroit make and employ itself by producing?

loving spaceships

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bacon Hat posted:

what the gently caress can detroit make and employ itself by producing?

fatherless children

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
They should just let nature take over detroit and then people will stop making 'what will the world look like after we're gone?' images.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

we can make this somehow worse

we can make Weyland-Yutani

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

its all ours

youre wife
Dec 25, 2014

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHLLDOyZepY

Fluo
May 25, 2007

detroit owns

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
why save detroit when i can just ignore that it exists?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i could never turn my back on the city that made me

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
With the black incarceration rate being what it is they could just go the whole way and turn the city into an Escape from New York style prison.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Two words delta city

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007
Turn Clutch Cargos back into a church.

EDIT: wait...

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

etalian posted:

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Otisburg posted:

Two words delta city

Truth

naem
May 29, 2011

i could never turn my back on the city that made me

I can and did

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

the sign is a nice touch but you forgot the ring

Sir_Lagsalot
May 6, 2007

Connection error
Turn it into some kind of national park I guess.

Sir_Lagsalot fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jan 8, 2015

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.

Sir_Lagsalot posted:

Turn it into some kind of national park I guess.

I was gonna say gently caress you but if this happened my house would be totally fine and property values would go up* so I say just loving do it.
e: Leave windsor alone though eh.

*Because black people can't swim and they'd all drown and die.

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.
Also I just read the article and the whitney building's wired up with romex and rats are already in the walls so it's probably gonna burn and kill some people.

Creating 'green space' or whatever is dumb as poo poo too. 'Hmm we've got urban infrastructure already in place let's turn it into loving farmland and just keep converting existing farmland into exurbs.' Yeah, great idea you idiot hippie, go eat something from the melvindale farmers' market and tell me if you still think growing crops in an industrial footprint is smart.

Noun Verber fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jan 8, 2015

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."
Is Detroit 2033 kind of like Kony 2012?

If so I'm totally in favor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Noun Verber, you seem like a real shitheel. Have you considered drowning yourself in your suburban bathtub?

• Locked thread