Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Snatch Duster posted:

You greedy fucks are also not considering folks that are on commission and work against their wage.

Your local car salesman is going to earn less if you push $15 per hour and he does more for society then Loranda that cleans up your hotel room.

Lmao someone arguing that car salesmen are a boon for society itt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

PneumonicBook posted:

it's an agent provocateur stirring up the crowd

think of the dmv workers, the door to door salesmen, those guys at the intersection with a squeegee yearning to breath free

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hobohemian posted:

Yeah, I've only had real jobs that weren't reliant on swindling as much money from customers without their knowing as possible. I wonder why most people loving hate salesmen and can't wait for the day they are all replaced by robots? What could it possibly be about them they dislike?

hahahahahahahahaa

you can't be serious. If you think that about sales then you p dumb. Unless you work for the government, your job is reliant by the success of your companies sales force and marketing team. This is why salesmen make 3x more, on average, then anyone else in their company, of course c level execs make more but they are worth it.

Stay the drone bud.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
now we just need jst0rm in here and we got a stew going

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

think of the dmv workers, the door to door salesmen, those guys at the intersection with a squeegee yearning to breath free

intersection squeegy dudes around here have some serious hustle. worth a dollar just to make sitting at a light on slauson go faster.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

PneumonicBook posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivGF-wj5GpQ

Explain to me how a car salesman isn't worth ~$75K and why Dramane over at Toy R Us is bigger contributor to society and should be paid more then $8 per hour/

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
due to The Internet I hear car salesman swindling is down to historic lows

but people still seem to have this weird attachment to haggling for some reason so they can feel like they got a good deal

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

DMV folks get paid what they are worth.

Your door to door mag salesman are scammers. Not a real company just guys taking your money.

The hobos that squeegee are misguided Pete Campbells.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im unsurprised this dude is in sales

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Monkey Fracas posted:

due to The Internet I hear car salesman swindling is down to historic lows

but people still seem to have this weird attachment to haggling for some reason so they can feel like they got a good deal

HEH HEH I beat that greedy car sales man, I bought my new Audi for $34.5k instead of $35.5k. gently caress him.

Meanwhile car salesman doesn't give a poo poo about the price, just wants the sale.

Consumers are more greedy then salesman, fyi

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Snatch Duster posted:

DMV folks get paid what they are worth.

Your door to door mag salesman are scammers. Not a real company just guys taking your money.

The hobos that squeegee are misguided Pete Campbells.

actually magazine people may well be victims of kidnapping and you should always offer to let them use your cell phone to call home

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Snatch Duster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivGF-wj5GpQ

Explain to me how a car salesman isn't worth ~$75K and why Dramane over at Toy R Us is bigger contributor to society and should be paid more then $8 per hour/

Go to truecar.com. Look at price. Go to dealer, pay price. Done. I guess hovering awkwardly while a customer fills out paperwork is worth 75k a year. That makes sense.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
this dude is the graey alien Chronicles of Riddick post but with The Boiler Room

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hobohemian posted:

Go to truecar.com. Look at price. Go to dealer, pay price. Done. I guess hovering awkwardly while a customer fills out paperwork is worth 75k a year. That makes sense.

lol if that is how you buy a car, then I don't know what to tell you.

Car sales guys make $75k on average because of commission and manufactor bonuses. Not salary you drone.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

paranoid randroid posted:

this dude is the graey alien Chronicles of Riddick post but with The Boiler Room

ayy lmao

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

paranoid randroid posted:

ill palm slam a VHS into your stupid rear end hole

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Haverchuck posted:

actually magazine people may well be victims of kidnapping and you should always offer to let them use your cell phone to call home

That is true, but I don't trust them since they did after all get swindled into this job and area.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Eventually people will be paid to not work cause they gently caress up too much and robots pay for themselves

thats what economists like keynes predicted back in the day as productivity climbed but it turns out: you will be replaced, and get nothing, and join the Sharing Economy hustling for unlicenced handyman work and braindead mechanical turk gopher jobs making $4.50 an hour

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Snatch Duster posted:

lol if that is how you buy a car, then I don't know what to tell you.

Car sales guys make $75k on average because of commission and manufactor bonuses. Not salary you drone.

How long do you think they're gonna be paying that out when they realize computers do the job better and faster and people like them more?Amazon stock boys should get paid commission for every order they fill according to your logic.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
itt "my profession requires talent and actually provides useful things for the world, unlike all the other professions" forever

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Snatch Duster posted:

That is true, but I don't trust them since they did after all get swindled into this job and area.

they're very stupid, to be sure, so you have to be wary

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Ambrose Burnside posted:

thats what economists like keynes predicted back in the day as productivity climbed but it turns out: you will be replaced, and get nothing, and join the Sharing Economy hustling for handyman jobs and braindead mechanical turk gopher jobs making $4.50 an hour

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
please note that $4.50 is over three times the median task payout per hour for mechanical turk work, i am being exceedingly generous here

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hobohemian posted:

How long do you think they're gonna be paying that out when they realize computers do the job better and faster and people like them more?Amazon stock boys should get paid commission for every order they fill according to your logic.

I think you are functionally retard about how business is done.

Most sales folk are b2b not b2c. There aren't many b2c sales roles that sales pros will take, only car sales since the pay is competitive to selling new EHR software or whatever in a b2b role.

For all considered purchases, like cars, the need for a salesman will always be necessary.

EDIT: Also, do you not consider the one man e-com business that list products on Amazon as a salesman? Cuz he is.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive

Snatch Duster posted:

Nothing in the world gets sold without a salesman.

oh my god lol

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

King Vidiot posted:

That isn't why people want the minimum wage increased. They want the minimum wage increased because it currently doesn't match the present-day cost of living. Cost of living has skyrocketed and minimum wage has barely budged.

All people are trying to do now is raise the minimum wage so that it matches the current cost of living. Then when the cost of living goes up, hopefully minimum wage will go up with it as steadily as it rises.

so when wendy's labor cost goes up 5-10%, they're just going to make less money about it? the CEO would get fired for doing that. the costs are going to get passed on to the customer, increasing cost of living to eat spicy chicken

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Snatch Duster posted:

Most sales folk are b2b not b2c. There aren't many b2c sales roles that sales pros will take, only car sales since the pay is competitive to selling new EHR software or whatever in a b2b role.

For all considered purchases, like cars, the need for a salesman will always be necessary.

Lol. I wonder if this grandpa even knows how to use a computer. Did you go to best buy to get a kindle so the sales men there could tell you all the features for you to consider before purchasing?

Hey guys, I wanted some headphones so I went online, found a few, compared them and bought one. I'm a salesmen now, hope I don't get fired from my other job for moonlighting.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Snatch Duster posted:

EDIT: Also, do you not consider the one man e-com business that list products on Amazon as a salesman? Cuz he is.
                  /

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Roargasm posted:

so when wendy's labor cost goes up 5-10%, they're just going to make less money about it? the CEO would get fired for doing that. the costs are going to get passed on to the customer, increasing cost of living to eat spicy chicken

the cost of living is already going up while the minimum wage has stagnated, that's what the entire idea of increasing minimum wage is about. how do people not get this.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Roargasm posted:

which will hurt the poors who still have a job the most

but it's okay, mission accomplished every1

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

Cubey posted:

the cost of living is already going up while the minimum wage has stagnated, that's what the entire idea of increasing minimum wage is about. how do people not get this.

because the companies determining how much it costs to live are incentivized to charge as much as you will pay to eat poo poo and not a cent less.

Irom
May 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
why should companies be forced to pay more for labor than the labor is worth?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Irom posted:

why should companies be forced to pay more for labor than the labor is worth?

why would companies pay as much as labor is worth without being forced to

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive

Roargasm posted:

forcibly nationalize wendy's and its physical in-country assets, offering a one-time take-it-or-leave-it settlement to shareholders along with an assisted transition to creating new corporate entities for international assets that cant be physically seized to placate concerned interests abroad, dont let them pass those costs on and use the wendy's profit margin to stock the federal coffers
what this nation needs is a Wendy's Stalin

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hobohemian posted:

Lol. I wonder if this grandpa even knows how to use a computer. Did you go to best buy to get a kindle so the sales men there could tell you all the features for you to consider before purchasing?

lol no haha you p dumb man. how is $100 e book a considered purchase that can be solved by marketing?

No sales prof is gonna focus on selling one single kindle or even care. Do you think your cashier when you buy groceries is a salesman? Probably cuz you are retarded.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
once again you guys should take a look at the most free, best and coolest countries in the world aka the countries in scandinavia and do whatever it is theyre doing

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Zzulu posted:

once again you guys should take a look at the most free, best and coolest countries in the world aka the countries in scandinavia and do whatever it is theyre doing
that's racist

GBS Ambassador
Oct 31, 2013
Replace all minimum wage workers with murderous robots.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Yeah europe is so great except everyone lives in apartments and living faggy euro lives of worthlessness and hide behind the military might of americas massive dick so nah, i dont think i wanna go that route.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Zzulu posted:

these tiny-rear end, densely populated culturally/climatically homogeneous European countryies still coasting off the plunder of a literal millenia of imperial adventures can pull it off, why cant we

• Locked thread