Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
I've got my charcoal grill fired up in my
Posting room for extra warmth. The hickory aroma is a bonus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

I live in Australia op, it's never cold, just hot, hot as gently caress.

Guineapig
Sep 8, 2005

Louder is not Better

Bishop posted:

I've got my charcoal grill fired up in my
Posting room for extra warmth. The hickory aroma is a bonus

Seriously?

That's a good way to have this be your last winter. Carbon monoxide kills without you knowing anything is wrong.

klabelkholosh
Aug 4, 2006
Froghat Mews Inc. ;)

numberoneposter posted:

WTF does this even mean???

perhaps it's referring to the terrible sexist accusation that women as they age will start to go "downhill"

but then you don't want to be "over the hill" either

so then maybe you want to travel in a level fashion but you don't want life to "plateau"

it's a confusing conflagration

(89.2 and windy/sunny)

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

im in texas and its 24 degrees rip

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Mustang posted:

you must live in North Florida because its like 70 degrees today in central florida, was warmer yesterday

its 24 in north florida lol

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Holding steady at 1 degree. I'll have to crawl around the engine room tomorrow making sure nothing bursted but it's out of my hands at this point.

Guineapig posted:

Seriously?

That's a good way to have this be your last winter
allah willing

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Southern Hemisphere goons like myself will probably be hitting the beach today or just lying under the AC eating ice cream in our underpants. Sorry to hear about your winter bullshit freezelords.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Lunixnerd posted:

Southern Hemisphere goons like myself will probably be hitting the beach today or just lying under the AC eating ice cream in our underpants. Sorry to hear about your winter bullshit freezelords.

This. I plan on going surfing, getting a cool tan, and then playing volleyball on the beach with bikini clad babes.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
lol @ ppl who don't live in God's Country (the Willamette Valley where it never gets under 30 or over 90)

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
It's nice in portland but I'm going to mpls end of January ha ha isn't that stupid? ?

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
Glad I bought this

Business Octopus
Jun 27, 2005

Me IRL

Lunixnerd posted:

Going to hit the playa today and chat up some hot Chilean chicks with perfect bodies in thong bikinis.

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Anyone else in Minneapolis want to go for a bike ride?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I just got back from eastern cali a few days ago and it was 1 degree F which I guess is around -18 but fortunately there's hot springs everywhere

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Its cold as gently caress today, but it was -35 C with the wind chill this week, which is -31 F, when it starts being the same temperature both in Fahrenheit and Celsius then, and only then, are you allowed to complain about the cold. When its that cold even the cars start complaining about it. **squeak squeak squeak squeak **

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

Fetus Tree posted:

Its cold in boston

Yes it is. I'm staying inside as much as possible. Inside is warm, even in Boston.

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
It's currently -4 in central OH, but it's easy to bear knowing I'm flying to south Florida in 2 days. Going snorkeling in the keys and hiking the Everglades in 80 degree weather :smugdog:

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Mr Underhill posted:

Glad I bought this

oh wow are you hiro protagonist

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
what is north american op? please help me

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
it was really cold in los angeles for a couple a weeks and now it's not as cold anymore well that's my story cheers op

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

chonz posted:

61 here in houston, pisses me off

haha what now bitch

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Mr Underhill posted:

Glad I bought this

Why, are you visiting a newspaper office?

facile arrow
Mar 27, 2005

anglerfish posted:

It's currently -4 in central OH, but it's easy to bear knowing I'm flying to south Florida in 2 days. Going snorkeling in the keys and hiking the Everglades in 80 degree weather :smugdog:

Got some bad news for you then. It's so cold here in south Florida I literally had to turn off my AC last night.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Warm enough for me to believe its not january (47 F). They are throwing a parade today in honor of cows. Gonna spark one up, sit on 17th and pretend I am driving cattle through the city.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

the new pleb posted:

Warm enough for me to believe its not january (47 F). They are throwing a parade today in honor of cows. Gonna spark one up, sit on 17th and pretend I am driving cattle through the city.

do you like in montana or something

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bishop posted:

I've got a 3 bedroom yacht that I did not have winterized. Starting to regret that choice. Lots of water lines and such that could freeze tonight. Have space heaters strategically placed and the 600hp diesels have internal heaters but it's an iffy couple of days

E: 1 whole degree outside. The water temp, which should still be around 40, has to save me. Everything in the hull below the water line is going to be approaching that, not the air temp

Aw man. You should drive your yacht to a warmer locale and pick up chicks

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

he is sparking one up, so i am guessing colorado or washington.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i hav ea 3 bedroom yacht... bloo hoo hoo thw etheare

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

nomadologique posted:

i hav ea 3 bedroom yacht... bloo hoo hoo thw etheare

its the water version of TO

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Matoi Ryuko posted:

It's not cold at all. It was only -4 during my 8 mile run earlier today, with an 8mph WNW wind, the weather channel said it felt like -18. I run each day, 8.2 miles, no matter the conditions. What's so horrifying about the cold?

Holy poo poo man I can't run outside when it gets below like 40 F

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

28 degrees this morning. In loving Florida.

BRB moving to a houseboat that sits right on the equator line

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Motherfucking cold toilet seats are the worst part of winter. Porcelain feels so cold on my rear end. Ruins taking a poo poo at work.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

All the news outlets here are all agog at how the wind chill is in the low minus thirties and is expected to hit -40 tonight, because this has never happened at all at any time in history except for just about every single January I can remember in this town.

It's winter, that's the cold weather time. When we get a -40 wind chill in August, get on the radio and tell me all about it.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

texaholic posted:

Motherfucking cold toilet seats are the worst part of winter. Porcelain feels so cold on my rear end. Ruins taking a poo poo at work.

you have porcelain toilet seats?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Darth123123 posted:

its the water version of TO

i have no idea bwhat this means but i'm happy for your wealth and success

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
also can i borrow your boat

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

flakeloaf posted:

All the news outlets here are all agog at how the wind chill is in the low minus thirties and is expected to hit -40 tonight, because this has never happened at all at any time in history except for just about every single January I can remember in this town.

It's winter, that's the cold weather time. When we get a -40 wind chill in August, get on the radio and tell me all about it.

Polar Vortex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

im in texas and its 24 degrees rip

Such a pleasant place. Flat, nice weather, 85mph speed limit interstate.

• Locked thread