Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flying Fortress
Oct 23, 2008

Why couldn't God have taken Adam Sandler instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

his wife didn't

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Flying Fortress
Oct 23, 2008

Lemon posted:

his wife didn't

:chanpop:

yowza

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lemon posted:

his wife didn't

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

RIP Phil, but goldmine also.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
he was good

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Phil Hartman did a lot of good work, but he was also in a lot of really lousy movies. To be frank, if he were alive today, I don't think people would be too fond of him. I point to a lot of his other SNL alumni who were beloved until their careers soured as proof.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

burritolingus posted:

Phil Hartman did a lot of good work, but he was also in a lot of really lousy movies. To be frank, if he were alive today, I don't think people would be too fond of him. I point to a lot of his other SNL alumni who were beloved until their careers soured as proof.

theres alot of rock stars and rappers who would be washed up losers if they hadnt died when they did

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Haverchuck posted:

theres alot of rock stars and rappers who would be washed up losers if they hadnt died when they did

Absolutely.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

burritolingus posted:

his career would survive on the strength of his announcer voice alone

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Concerned Citizen posted:

his career would survive on the strength of his announcer voice alone

"Look at this piece of poo poo movie. Oh god, they dredged up Phil Hartman to play the out-of-touch dad? Really? Guess repeating your dumb catchphrase on the Simpsons for almost three decades doesn't pay the bills." - You from an alternate reality where Phil Hartman lived

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
I got News Radio season 1, and started at the pilot, and I forgot how different TV was, it's all cued so differently. I feel like when it aired it was hilarious, and it's not that it doesn't stand up, it's just much more of a 90's sitcom than we've seen in a while...

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
We should just kill everyone when they're ahead

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

burritolingus posted:

"Look at this piece of poo poo movie. Oh god, they dredged up Phil Hartman to play the out-of-touch dad? Really? Guess repeating your dumb catchphrase on the Simpsons for almost three decades doesn't pay the bills." - You from an alternate reality where Phil Hartman lived

This is the first time I've ever really been made to think.

Flying Fortress
Oct 23, 2008

some humor-impaired folks itt

:frogout:

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Beef Turret posted:

We should just kill everyone when they're ahead

This. Set up a system like they did in Logan's Run.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
We'd all think that Michael Jackson was a better artist than he was if he'd died in 1987 just after releasing Bad.

Similarly, people would think a lot better of Hitler if he'd dropped dead in 1937.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Except MJ was gonna make a huge comeback while Hitler jumped the shark in 1942

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
phil hartman was one of the classy snl members that didnt need the lead role in a horrible snl movie
did he even lead in any movie at all

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Zeroisanumber posted:

We'd all think that Michael Jackson was a better artist than he was if he'd died in 1987 just after releasing Bad.

Similarly, people would think a lot better of Hitler if he'd dropped dead in 1937.

in 1984 andy kaufman faked his death and assumed michael jacksons identity

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nevermind on the goldmining, this thread got bad.

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009

burritolingus posted:

Jingle all the way was great.

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
I miss him as well. Everything I've read/seen about him says he was a genuinely likeable guy.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

adamarama posted:

Jingle all the way was great.

yeah he was funny in that movie

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Does anyone else ever wake up at night and see a pale and gothic Phil Hartman crawling on the ceiling over your bed and making a creaky sound with his throat? I mean, I guess I'm saying I don't miss Phil Hartman all that much.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It's always the most likeable guys who are the biggest monsters in real life fyi

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zzulu posted:

It's always the most likeable guys who are the biggest monsters in real life fyi
It's true, Hartman is known for being completely out of control, abusive, and evil inside the mind of Zzulu, known idiot.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'm just saying, people thought Hitler was a real nice guy

coincidence?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Zzulu posted:

I'm just saying, people thought Hitler was a real nice guy

coincidence?

Hitler was p deece to hang out with, I bet, given the right circumstances.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

mysterious frankie posted:

Does anyone else ever wake up at night and see a pale and gothic Phil Hartman crawling on the ceiling over your bed and making a creaky sound with his throat? I mean, I guess I'm saying I don't miss Phil Hartman all that much.

this is normal, nothing to worry about

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Haverchuck posted:

this is normal, nothing to worry about

You just saved a marriage, bud! :D

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Sometimes I awaken in the night and see the grim spectre of Captain Carl pointing at me, his mouth pulled back in either a grotesque laugh, or far more likely, a silent scream. The smell of hashish and opium wafts from the pipe held in his left hand. This typically only lasts a couple hours a night though

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Hitler was p deece to hang out with, I bet, given the right circumstances.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Why couldn't it have been Andy dick instead

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

mookface posted:

Because in any relationship Andy Dick has ever been in, he has been the violent and unstable one.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

mookface posted:

I'm sure Andy Dick thinks this on a nightly basis.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Hitler and Hartman, two men who died before they could become monsters.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I'm sure Andy Dick thinks this on a nightly basis.

As the vile & otherworldly Phil Darkman hovers over him, I mean.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

gently caress me and die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Fortress
Oct 23, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Nevermind on the goldmining, this thread got bad.

• Locked thread