Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Ditocoaf posted:

Archer Vice was a good idea, executed terribly. It's like, "yeah, these characters could totally work in this different scenario, especially since there's room for a similar 'mission' structure".

I still don't see how the premise "a group of secret agents" doesn't allow the writers to change the scenario every loving episode if they wanted to. Archer Vice was like smashing a magic 8-ball with a baseball bat: why take such drastic measures when you can gently shake the stupid thing until it gives you the answer you want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I was really excited for archer vice and boy they really showed me.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Irish Joe posted:

I still don't see how the premise "a group of secret agents" doesn't allow the writers to change the scenario every loving episode if they wanted to. Archer Vice was like smashing a magic 8-ball with a baseball bat: why take such drastic measures when you can gently shake the stupid thing until it gives you the answer you want?

The first season of Frisky Dingo was (kind of) about a supervillain working to destroy the planet. The second season was completely different, but also awesome.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Tonight's episode!

Three to Tango

An agent from the past causes tension between Archer and Lana.

ComfortablyNumb
Nov 7, 2008

This is not how I am.

Carlosologist posted:

Tonight's episode!

Three to Tango

An agent from the past causes tension between Archer and Lana.

Could it be that perfidious Conway?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

The first season of Frisky Dingo was (kind of) about a supervillain working to destroy the planet. The second season was completely different, but also awesome.

Given how it ended I expected the hypothetical third season to be an awkward sitcom.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Irish Joe posted:

For the sake of trying something different? The Archer Vice premise of "a group of high level drug dealers" should have been equally as fertile ground. It just wasn't.

It was a bad season but I don't feel they did anything wrong in giving it a shot, just how they ended up trying to execute it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Angular Landbury posted:

For the sake of trying something different? The Archer Vice premise of "a group of high level drug dealers" should have been equally as fertile ground. It just wasn't.

It was a bad season but I don't feel they did anything wrong in giving it a shot, just how they ended up trying to execute it.

I am sure it did not help that the poo poo the CIA actually did was as ridiculous or even more so.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
The "core concept" (heh) of Vice was pretty confusing to me. I don't know why they were working so hard to smuggle cocaine into south America when it would be far more valuable to the cartels in the United States, since that's where it gets the highest price. None of it made any sense.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Kesper North posted:

The "core concept" (heh) of Vice was pretty confusing to me. I don't know why they were working so hard to smuggle cocaine into south America when it would be far more valuable to the cartels in the United States, since that's where it gets the highest price. None of it made any sense.

They weren't. The idea was to get financial backing from the cartels to sell the coke in the US with the idea being that since it was already in the US is was easier to distribute.

They only brought some with them to sample.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ComfortablyNumb posted:

Cyborg Brett

Damnit Kreiger! :argh:

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Part of the charm is that despite all their fuckups ISIS still gets poo poo done occasionally. In fact, most of the fun is watching them bungle through something and still come out on top somehow. With Archer Vice I don't think they ever managed to come out ahead on anything, they were getting ripped off constantly, or their own ineptitude caused them to lose the coke. It's no fun to just watch them fail over and over again.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Well half of the time ISIS is just being used by Mallory for her personal gain...

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!

ComfortablyNumb posted:

It's been several seasons and they can't bring Barry back without Svetlana so it's totally Conway.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Lying little country music wannabe.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
REVENGE RAMPAGE!!!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
REVENGE RAMPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

This music and Lana making tea is totes adorbs :allears:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Guessing we just saw half the seasons budget right there. Holy poo poo.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Did Conway say Puke Skywalker? Or Luke?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Uh... Sharper image?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Oh Krieger :allears:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Will he not rest until we've all been taken over by Skynet?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Holy poo poo the costumes :stare:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Lando Carlissiano

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm Archerizing this plan!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Good work, Pyle!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I'm a verb now, Lana. Deal with it. :smugdog:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
The amount of movement in the animation is pretty impressive. It's weird to see "Archer" look so fluid!

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Robert Denby posted:

The amount of movement in the animation is pretty impressive. It's weird to see "Archer" look so fluid!
Yeah the animation in car scenes has improved so much; the Burt Reynolds car chase was like 5 fps compared to the last year.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Krieger wants to turn Abejean into a cyborg because of course he does

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, thanks Mr. Bear Jangles.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

YESSSSS LOSE THAT WEIGHT CONWAY STERN!

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

I knew Lana was taking the other hand, but I still liked seeing it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

hcreight posted:

I knew Lana was taking the other hand, but I still liked seeing it.

From a mile away but the arrival was spectacular.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Lana has a sister?

Is she... Younger?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Lana's family came up again... sounds like we might meet them soon. Or never, take your pick.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

Lana's family came up again... sounds like we might meet them soon. Or never, take your pick.

I get the feeling Reed is keeping them at arm's length with the implication that they're normal, stable people. Which makes them unsuitable to be on Archer.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Until Sterling accidentally mentions them to Mallory and they end up with polonium cocktails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Archer and Conway's fight was so fluid and smooth. The quality of animation has drastically improved, one of the pluses so far on the young season.

• Locked thread