Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
For some reason my brain couldn't understand that.

This has been a good fight overall, surprisingly. I was worried it would be pickle 2.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I've read up to chapter 80 so far and Itagaki's really done a surprisingly good job at differentiating Musashi from Pickle despite the obviously parallel of "super strong mans from the past is thrust into our world." Musashi being able to actually verbally communicate helps, obviously.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Every time I get reminded that one of the biggest badasses in this is an unfrozen karate caveman named loving Pickle, I lose my poo poo laughing. I love Baki so goddamn much.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Every time I get reminded that one of the biggest badasses in this is an unfrozen karate caveman named loving Pickle, I lose my poo poo laughing. I love Baki so goddamn much.

The entire series is happening solely because Strongman got too strong so he had kids loving everywhere, hopefully so that one or more Strongkids could provide a challenge

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

AnonSpore posted:

I've read up to chapter 80 so far and Itagaki's really done a surprisingly good job at differentiating Musashi from Pickle despite the obviously parallel of "super strong mans from the past is thrust into our world." Musashi being able to actually verbally communicate helps, obviously.

Spoil some cool poo poo coming up please.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

K. Flaps posted:

Spoil some cool poo poo coming up please.

After the Retsu fight Tokugawa asks Musashi how he felt about fighting Retsu, Musashi replies that it was like the Battle of Sekigahara. Tokugawa then asks him how Retsu would compare to Musashi's legendary rival, Sasaki Kojirou and Musashi goes "Who?"

Sorry that probably wasn't cool to anyone but history nerds like me.

Actual cool poo poo: Shibukawa completely loving owns Musashi the first time they meet because aikido was invented after Musashi's time

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Baki Dou is the shittiest poo poo. Ho hum a new super strong guy shows up and spends 100 chapters beating the gently caress out of the established cast until Baki mans up somehow and manages to beat him.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

The entire series is happening solely because Strongman got too strong so he had kids loving everywhere, hopefully so that one or more Strongkids could provide a challenge

Reminder that Strongman is so strong that America signed a nonaggression pact with him, which every President has to renew.

AnonSpore posted:

After the Retsu fight Tokugawa asks Musashi how he felt about fighting Retsu, Musashi replies that it was like the Battle of Sekigahara. Tokugawa then asks him how Retsu would compare to Musashi's legendary rival, Sasaki Kojirou and Musashi goes "Who?"

Sorry that probably wasn't cool to anyone but history nerds like me.

Actual cool poo poo: Shibukawa completely loving owns Musashi the first time they meet because aikido was invented after Musashi's time

Ahh so they are taking the FSN route regarding Kojiro.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Reminder that Strongman is so strong that America signed a nonaggression pact with him, which every President has to renew.

And Strongman's Strongdad kung fu'd an American battleship to death during WW2.

I love this goddamn series.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

New chapters. Goddamn that was close! Seriously, Retsu was almost winning by an inch.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Chapter 63 is up:
http://spinybackmanga.com/manga/baki-dou/63

Retsu, please, stop. How far does Itagaki have to mutilate you in this manga until you're satisfied?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Thoren posted:

Chapter 63 is up:
http://spinybackmanga.com/manga/baki-dou/63

Retsu, please, stop. How far does Itagaki have to mutilate you in this manga until you're satisfied?

In the 12th series of Grappler Baki Retsu will be a torso and head who attacks people with the incredible power of Chinese martial arts ab flexes that launch him into the air to deliver flying headbutts

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
it would be nice if the drat site would load for me

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

spinyback still won't load for me ffs

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
SpinyBack has been down for a few days, but the webmaster posted and said it should be back soon. As far as I know, they're the only team translating Baki-Dou.

In the mean time, if you'd like to read the RAWs, here's a link to a Chinese site with all the latest chapters: http://www.dm5.com/manhua-renyadao/

Scroll down until you see the thumbnail for each chapter. The latest one is Chapter 81,"刃牙道漫画 第81话"

When you click one of the chapters, a red text prompt will appear - just make sure you click the underlined text to view the chapter. It's a little confusing to navigate, but on the flip side, the RAW quality is excellent.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Oct 17, 2015

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

On the one hand the text in baki is ultimately meaningless, on the other I can't handle not having the really stupid narration by random people be untranslated

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Jose posted:

On the one hand the text in baki is ultimately meaningless, on the other I can't handle not having the really stupid narration by random people be untranslated

But... but... Norrtranders

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Jose posted:

The text in Baki is the exquisite spice that elevates the delicious meat from just good to great

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Speaking of translations, here's chapter 64 of Baki Dou:
http://spinybackmanga.com/manga/baki-dou/64

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Retsu will have a prosthetic everything.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

A robot for the next challenge makes sense after a caveman and historical figure

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Retsu will have a prosthetic everything.

He seemed to grow his shoulder back.

Chinese martial arts is some crazy stuff.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Eventually the author's just gonna say "gently caress it" and make Retsu a Namekian

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I just want to see Musashi fight Jack Hammer.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pewdiepie posted:

i'm looking forward to the next ridiculous thing he does to his body to be a better fighter

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

Musashi would compare him to an ancient steroid taking samurai

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

How many bits is Jack missing now? I couldn't really tell because the translation of his fight with Pickle was godawful.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Baofu posted:

How many bits is Jack missing now? I couldn't really tell because the translation of his fight with Pickle was godawful.

what do you mean by a bit because afaik he's unharmed other than taking super steroids that magically fixed the damage caused by bone lengthening surgery

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pickle ripped half of his face off

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Pickle ripped half of his face off

Literally just a flesh wound, iirc he was totally fine (with a few scars on his cheeks) in that one scene where they showed him lifting when he caught Musashi on TV.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Isn't Pickle still out there, just wandering Japan?

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Baki Dou 65 is out. Good luck connecting to spinyback.

Who could have predicted Retsu's one weakness: getting hit by sharp things.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh jesus RIP Retsu

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Oh jesus RIP Retsu

drat he got hosed up bad. I doubt there's an ancient Chinese secret medicine that can still help him now.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Black Knight Retsu will bite your ankles.

Fully anticipating literal just a brain and (half a) spine cyborg Retsu.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

shinogi kureha will put all his organs back in barehanded and seal the wound and he'll be fine

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Hand massage his heart, and his brain

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ancient Reemboweling technique

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I'm pretty sure fighters have gotten up from the operating table after being pronounced dead in this manga. Retsu's just taking a nap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pewdiepie posted:

I'm pretty sure fighters have gotten up from the operating table after being pronounced dead in this manga. Retsu's just taking a nap.

doppo got a heart massage that fixed him.

i hope everyone who reads this also reads tough because its cool imo but i wish someone would finish translating the first part