Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

tsob posted:

Does the mangaka just not know what anatomy is? Or he does and just doesn't care?

They look fine when they have clothes on or arent muscle freaks.

The dudes been working on the series for 2 and a half decades and his style hasnt really changed much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ulio posted:

Haven't seen this but a pretty well known anime youtuber made a video about Baki.

His videos are normally good and he has good taste so I'll check it out later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTMMdMVFRWE

Agreeing with everything he said

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jose posted:

there is apparently a new baki series?

https://mangadex.org/chapter/459300/3

gently caress yeah

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Japanese people talking japanese like americans never stops being amusing to me

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Netflix has this weird idea that its best to just wait for everything to finish it before posting it than doing weekly releases. Honestly its probably a good idea if they aren't targeting dedicated anime fans and more people curiously flipping through their catalog looking for something to binge at in a few sittings

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Eustace posted:

Awesome! I love it when all my favorite characters job to some dude with no backstory

it is the way of baki

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

RIP

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I like that Yujiro, in his own hosed up way, was praising Kozue

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

at my age? I just fall asleep

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

:stare: :staredog: :catstare:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Glagha posted:

So wait I'm confused, is there a connection between Shaman and Dogesen, because while I haven't read the latter they both seem to be about Man Who Is Incredibly Powerful At Bowing.

Shaman is apparently Itagaki's solo version of Dogesen since that was co written with another mangaka

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

everything is so earnest in Baki, that you have no choice but to suspend your disbelief

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Glad Doppo didn't job. Him kicking that dude so hard his soul leaves his body and then giving back the dudes ear while saying that he knows a good doctor is quintessential baki.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

out of context baki is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I dont know man, saying its not very funny and then having a picture of Retsu in a hoody drawing manga is pretty funny so I get you