Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

tsob posted:

Does the mangaka just not know what anatomy is? Or he does and just doesn't care?

:byodood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I want to see more Biscuit Oliva fights.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The strong are the beautiful !! All BAKI Wants Is To Win!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Its Baki.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Mary Annette posted:

I don't know what's more ridiculous, that Baby Yuujiro's first instinct is to murder the doctor who delivered him, or that deep down, the author is 100% certain that Baby Yuujiro would be both perfectly capable of and somehow morally justified in murdering the doctor who delivered him.

Neither of those things are ridiculous.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

You are talking about Yuujiro Hanma, the Ogre, the so-called Strongest Man on Earth, the only man on Earth to have a peace treaty with the United States Government, who spends his time traveling across the world looking for fighters and beasts to murder.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

LORD OF BUTT posted:

hahaha what the gently caress

how is that man not dead, did they explain that at all or is it just regular Baki anatomy

Because he is a trained fighter.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

That one guy looks like he has abs on his cheeks.

Because he is a trained fighter.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I hope he does bring a gun.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

PenguinBob posted:

can we talk about Garouden too? it's by the same guy and it's also about ukiyo-e Tom of Finland guys doing violence to each other?

there's a cool panel of a fighter talking about how you can tell a man's power by how much he pees/poops/farts/cums/sweats/cries and he does all those things like five times as much as a normal man, which is why he is called "crybaby" and can twist a man's skull a full 180 degrees. i think that is the right manga anyway.

Sir I have reason to believe your monitor is set to off and you're talking about your reflection.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I just want to see Musashi fight Jack Hammer.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I'm pretty sure fighters have gotten up from the operating table after being pronounced dead in this manga. Retsu's just taking a nap.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

That parody manga is canon as far as I'm concerned.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

lmao jesus chrsit!!!! :wtc: :nws: :nms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7T0soHRk-A

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

No matter what Baki has to beat his father.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Kuros posted:

To be the strongest! Show true strength!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I bet Hanayama could kick Musashis rear end.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

K. Flaps posted:

Agreed, and he should fight an alien.

I don't think Tokugawa would last very long against an alien.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Look at how well this muscular baby takes a punch.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The godzilla could be the only thing in this universe powerful enough to eat Motobe and restore balance to the Baki universe.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

I love how goofy Musashi's face is. It's like his eyes never point in the same direction and he has this expression that makes him look like a doofus.

edit: I mean seriously:

Thats what he looked like in real life.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

lmao Musashi mind carving the scientist man

I wish he IRL carved him too.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Ulio posted:

Been reading the original Grappler Baki manga. Its pretty good don't know how Yujiro survived a war without using any weapons except his bare hands. All the characters are badass but Yujiro is on another level.

The better question is how anyone else survived that war.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Reminder that Biscuit Olivia's muscles are so dense and tightly wound that if he stopped flexing for even a second he would explode Tetsuo-style into a massive pile of meat.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

And he's not even one of the top 5 strongest in the Baki lineup!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I think he's fifth? I guess it goes Oliva -> Pickle -> Either Musashi/Baki for second and third -> Yuujiro

You forgot Motobe.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

:pray: Please be prisoner synchronicity arc.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

frajaq posted:

Is there a reason Baki Dou on SpinyBack jumps from chapter 103 to 117? Is there a place I can read the rest?

The island nation of Japan.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

And as for the reason - I'll go out on a limb here and say its because scanlators are absolute fucktards.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I was waiting to read the later chapters until the scanlators caught up on the chapters in between but its been so long that I lost my patience and read the newest chapters. They're pretty good!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

I was randomly scrolling and read the OP and this seems insanely sick. Is the original manga still impossible to find?

Its partially translated online but may I make the recommendation to start with New Grappler Baki or Baki: Son of Ogre? Both are completely translated, and the backstory is pretty easy to figure out. Baki wants to be the strongest so he can beat up his dad, who's extremely strong. Other people are strong too, perhaps even stronger than Baki?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Trump will be super ripped and the Ogre will congratulate him.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Jedah posted:

Anybody have any idea what this is?

Looks like a comic about a guy who works for a Japanese highschool. It's definitely Itagaki's artwork, but I don't know the story details.

I'm not much of an expert, but it appears to be Korean because the runes are more square in nature. Hope that helps.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Jedah posted:

You're an expert, and yes, that helps. :ms:

I watched your video on Agony today, and it was really good. Looks like an incredibly cool concept for a horror game.

More horror games need big titties!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

I am finally working my way through my back log of books, games, anime, manga, films, and shows this year and I'm watching the first season of Baki now. Baki is eating loads in preparation for fighting the Yasha ape which is a policy I can really get behind.

Eating loads? I guess its high in protein.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Check out the Baki fighting game for the PS2 if you've never heard of it. Its ridiculously faithful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXdugj6F3YQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Jedah posted:

:captainpop:

That's awesome.

Yujiro was a playable character in Garouden Breakblow: Fist or Twist. Naturally, he was stupidly overpowered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3inQzjPUio

That's badass how he has a bunch of different stances.