Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Thoren posted:

I really enjoyed the Prison Arc, with the fictional Mike Tyson and Che Guevara.

Right now I'm still kind of miffed the mangaka dropped the whole Retsu Kaioh vs American boxing story thread. It's just gone. Poof. Nothing.

I think part of those chapters are simply not translated yet. I remember there being a gap in Son of Ogre or whenever that was.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

The art style for the first manga is still a bit rough anyway. I watched the anime and then went for new grappler baki where a lot of awesome fights like Speck vs Hanayama took place.

I love the contrast between Yuujiro in his first appearance and in Baki Dou. It's ridiculous.

Hey guys, remember when one of the prisoners punched the Statue of Liberty so hard it got cracks and nearly would've broken apart hadn't Marines not pushed it back together? That was sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Jose posted:

pickle was definitely used in the wrong series but where else can they go except for reviving baki's grandad

Aliens, bro.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I hope he fights pickle.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

he still didn't beat yuujiro, only made him sweat a lot... also lol @ jack hammer still taking a shitload of roids

He had bone-enlarging operation for the third? Fourth? Time

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
They should bring back Gaia, the greatest soldier alive, to teach Retsu about guns and grenades.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Che Guevara doesn't know how to use guns.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
That's alotta cum.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I bet both of them will show up in Baki Dou as soon as Retsu gets his rear end kicked.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Gaia did the same fighting against one of the prisoners.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Sadly he doesn't have a huge role after New anymore. I don't even think he was in any major fights.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

AnonSpore posted:

Is that also the one where he fights the immensely powerful midget

Magic psycho midget.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Wonder who's going to get owned after him... Jack Hammer? Maybe Biscuit Oliva?

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Retsu without his ponytail.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

AnonSpore posted:

I've read up to chapter 80 so far and Itagaki's really done a surprisingly good job at differentiating Musashi from Pickle despite the obviously parallel of "super strong mans from the past is thrust into our world." Musashi being able to actually verbally communicate helps, obviously.

Spoil some cool poo poo coming up please.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Oh jesus RIP Retsu

drat he got hosed up bad. I doubt there's an ancient Chinese secret medicine that can still help him now.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I can't believe Retsu is loving dead.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
On the one hand it would be crazy for the musashi arc to be over after only 2 fights, on the other hand I don't believe Itagaki would ever have the ogre lose a fight.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Remember when Ali Jr. Got his rear end kicked several times in a row and then healed his broken bones and ruptured organs through punching a punching bag really hard, that was badass.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Pierson posted:

Remember when Usain Bolt quit running and became heavyweight champion of the world.

i love this dumb muscle-fetish series

Remember when Baki broke the 50m, 100m, 500m sprint world records during P.E. Class so he could skip?

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Superpowered psycho karate raper should have been a baki villain.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Work Friend Keven posted:

Dave from Osaka Prefecture, age 35: "I myself am a raper... I know the challenge of raping. To put it simply... What I saw that day was not possible by the laws of human limits."

lmao

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Jedah posted:

Merry Christmas from Yujiro and friends!

You can check out the rest of this parody manga here:
http://www.dm5.com/manhua-renyahaozai/

There's even 2 volumes of it! Now we just need an English translation.

This is insane.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
New chappies of the Scarface spinoff. lmao.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I dunno man. What's the point of anything.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Musashi Kills The Baki Universe.

Jedah posted:

Although I don't care for Motobe, he's more of an underdog type of character. He left Jack Hanma completely defeated, and planted a knife in the ground as proof that he could finish the job if he wanted to. Even if it was humiliating for Jack, Motobe still spared his life. I'm not saying Motobe is a nice guy by any means, but the author seems to be setting him up as an underdog for the current series.

When was that?

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
2 volumes of OG Baki dropped.

Spoilers: It is.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Lmao motobe kicks rear end.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Pewdiepie posted:

I bet Hanayama could kick Musashis rear end.

Where the gently caress is he. Is he still fighting the psycho hormone dwarf from his spinoff or what.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I'm talking about the Hanayama spin off.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

K. Flaps posted:

New chappies of the Scarface spinoff. lmao.

The hormone dwarf in question

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I've read a lot of tough actually. Guess I need to find where I stopped if there's a psycho hormone dwarf in there though.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Agreed, and he should fight an alien.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Gaia being weaker than Motobe is bullshit. That guy is supposed to be the ultimate soldier, hze knows how to use weapons.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
This manga desperately needs another Ali Jr. the old crew can go ham on instead of jobbing all the time.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
And then they brutally kicked his rear end until he was 90% mummy.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Boxers have it rough. Remember when Yujiro went into the boxing gym and popped all their eyes out when he was first introduced, that was hosed up.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Remember the Tough monkey man?

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Someone tell me when this fight is over, my heart can't take seeing Jack job to Motobe.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I reread the first part of original Baki and the manga used to be a lot more fun. Baki was a goofy guy, but also humble and helped people like the boxing coach of his school and all the injuries were a lot more brutal (lots of broken bones sticking out of skin, popped out eyeballs etc.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Fair enough, the descriptions are the greatest things ever. But the goofiness of a super doctor with the perfect human body killing a circus tiger before going to the gym, squatting 500kg and beating up a professional wrestler in there is kind of lost. The manga is still good though of course.