Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Informaaaaaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Oberleutnant posted:

canada what device do u use to cut those perfect paths through 20ft high snow drifts?
I only ask because 2cm of snow shuts down the entire uk road and rail network for days at a time. pols teach us your secrets

The technology exists (see 2 posts above) but snow removal is expensive as gently caress, especially since it generally falls constantly so you may have to do that sort of cleanup several times a day at times. IIRC Montreal pays something like $500k per day for city-wide snow removal and also lease out our equipment and personnel to SW Ontario and New York during emergencies since they don't get enough snow to warrant having that level of equipment themselves. We also legally require residents to change between summer and winter tires by specific dates so that the city doesn't turn into a giant bumper car field.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
snow chat

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

This is pretty accurate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXQCABue8y8

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
would, every person in that video

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Where are those big walls of snow on the road. That looks loving crazy

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Surrey, BC, is like that suburb in Back to the Future II after Biff steals the Sports Almanac

Actualy city logo:

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Weird BIAS posted:

Go and drive up Cape Breton, smoke some weed, have a good time looking at pretty sunsets.

CapeBreton.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02AJNtXSkuY

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Reverse Centaur posted:

Surrey, BC, is like that suburb in Back to the Future II after Biff steals the Sports Almanac

That plus the alternate universe Bedford Falls where George Bailey never existed.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Reverse Centaur posted:

Actualy city logo:

Didn't rread your line of text and genuinely thought I'd clicked into the RUSSIA.jpg thread until I got to Surrey lol

Lobotomy Bob
Jun 13, 2003

How well do anchor babies work in Canada? Asking for a friend.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
they actually use them as boat anchors there

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
I've been to Toronto twice and I would love to live there because America is a dump. I am jealous of my Canadian brothers.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

licky boom boom now

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfOwLWhVrPA

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

Way to steal my thunder buddy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usFFKNRB2z8

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Edit:

Say Nothing fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jan 11, 2015

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

snow chat

I legit have had nightmares about this.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
Pretty sure the photo with the bus is from some hosed up snowed in region of Japan.

Still rocks tho.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Reverse Centaur posted:

lmao

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Someone give me that snow wall info

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Harime Nui posted:

This man has no time to be distracted by the attractions of a mere woman.

He is too devoted to his love for CANADA.

Being an RCMP he is probably trying to think of a way to beat and rape her and get away with it or something

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

lol didn't even spell sorry right

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Puffy Jacket Fetish posted:

lol didn't even spell sorry right

Come for the big box stores and gutters overflowing with used needles.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists
While living in B.C. for a few years Surrey was the car theft capital of the World. I think a few years after it was the homicide capital of North America or some poo poo like that.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Reverse Centaur posted:

Surrey, BC, is like that suburb in Back to the Future II after Biff steals the Sports Almana

lmao this isn't even an exaggeration

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

what's the deal with all the asians in that video? i thought canada was "the great white north"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

what's the deal with all the asians in that video? i thought canada was "the great white north"

Similar to the US west coast, Vancouver has a fairly large asian immigrant population.

• Locked thread