Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
Hey Richard, I am trying to understand what constitutes humor here on somethingawful dot com. So its funny when you make a joke about kids getting molested, but when someone makes a joke about your kids getting molested its a ban? I am legitimately confused so if you could clear this up it would be great, thanks.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
same

tvayisnihyaami
Dec 23, 2012

by Lowtax
lowtax is old and unfunny

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Apthous posted:

Hey Richard, I am trying to understand what constitutes humor here on somethingawful dot com. So its funny when you make a joke about kids getting molested, but when someone makes a joke about your kids getting molested its a ban? I am legitimately confused so if you could clear this up it would be great, thanks.

Shut the gently caress up you big retard

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
holy gently caress you're dumb

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
uhh if I was the owner of a forum I would ban and attempt to kill anyone who talked about my kids so watch your back OP

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7476316,-73.8936522,3a,15y,164.4h,91.37t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sb1owlqm6YRSxqmg6q6WOaQ!2e0

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
op literally still stewing over a ban from months ago l o l

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
One targets the owner of the site is and is creepy where his joke is at worst, a lil dumb, op

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

One targets the owner of the site is and is creepy where his joke is at worst, a lil dumb, op

Well Shmorky is p creepy, I would never hire anyone like that for any reason.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
mods knew

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Concerned Citizen posted:

op literally still stewing over a ban from months ago l o l

jokes on you nerd because when the op got banned back in GBS 1.0 for some stupid drunk driver thread he went psychotic on the forums over the course of months, spending a shitload of money on accounts and posting a bunch of threats to the mods, then disappeared for a while until he came back on this account

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
You shouldn't have made that joke, OP.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
actual op post:

For the record I can't play this game because my graphics card is 5 years old and can't run directx 11. CoD can infact run though on an xbox 360 which was released 9 years ago.

Say what you will about #gamergate, but it really was an indication that the gaming industry is becoming infested with people that don't actually care about gaming and are committed to its destruction. Obviously #gamergate has nothing directly to do with lovely PC support for the new CoD, it is just the canary in the mine with regards to this stuff.

So basically gently caress this gay earth. There is no logical reason why this game should not be able to be played on older graphics cards. I can understand low frame rates, or maybe some graphical glitches, but to simply just straight up not being able to run is just not right.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Spanish Manlove posted:

jokes on you nerd because when the op got banned back in GBS 1.0 for some stupid drunk driver thread he went psychotic on the forums and then disappeared for a while then came back on this account

No I just played WoW for a while and finished all the content and now I'm bored again.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Hey OP

regardless of any supposed double standard or not (there isn't, what you brought up isn't comparable) last i check this is his loving website and this is america and he can ban whoever he wants for whatever reason he wants

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
i know something you guys don't know but I wonder if saying it will trigger the OP

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
it's about ethics in directx support

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

jokes on you nerd because when the op got banned back in GBS 1.0 for some stupid drunk driver thread he went psychotic on the forums over the course of months, spending a shitload of money on accounts and posting a bunch of threats to the mods, then disappeared for a while until he came back on this account
can you link the original thread if it was funny and will make us laugh at op

otherwise whatever, i didn't really care

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

actual op post:

I have yet to finish the new CoD FYI.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Damo posted:

Hey OP

regardless of any supposed double standard or not (there isn't, what you brought up isn't comparable) last i check this is his loving website and this is america and he can ban whoever he wants for whatever reason he wants

This is not about banning, this is a legitimate question about what constitutes humor. As was stated in the OP.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Apthous posted:

This is not about banning, this is a legitimate question about what constitutes humor. As was stated in the OP.
i would find it pretty funny if he banned you again op

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Daedra posted:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Daedra posted:

isn't it a double stnadard how op can be banned but lowtax can never be banned? relaly makes you think

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Daedra posted:

I guess I need to work on this humor thing, there seems to be some subtleties that I don't quite understand.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
i have the god given right to make jokes about child molestation on whatever privately owned website i want!!!

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

isn't it a double stnadard how op can be banned but lowtax can never be banned? relaly makes you think

Lowtax didn't make that "joke" on the forums it was on Twitter, this is more a question about what constitutes humor than the ethics of ban journalism. I was more offended that he called me unfunny than he banned me FYI.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Uranium 235 posted:

can you link the original thread if it was funny and will make us laugh at op

otherwise whatever, i didn't really care

oh i got something so much better, and you know what, gently caress it I'm bored

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Apthous posted:

I guess I need to work on this humor thing, there seems to be some subtleties that I don't quite understand.
it's the autism

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

Apthous posted:

you and everything you are saying is humourous hth

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
lowtax, mr. apthous has a point. the people DEMAND the right to make child molestation jokes about your children or there WILL be consequences. the oppression must end now.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

Apthous posted:

Lowtax didn't make that "joke" on the forums it was on Twitter, this is more a question about what constitutes humor than the ethics of ban journalism. I was more offended that he called me unfunny than he banned me FYI.

that may have been rude but he was right.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock

Apthous posted:

not understanding subtleties in social cues and situations is a sure sign of autism, i hth as well

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Tsinava posted:

i have the god given right to make jokes about child molestation on whatever privately owned website i want!!!

That is not the main issue here buddy, its how some molestation jokes are funny and some aren't or something that I don't quite understand. I honestly don't care that much about getting banned from this website because it is just a stupid website filled with stupid people, but humor is eternal.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Spanish Manlove posted:

oh i got something so much better, but you know what, gently caress it I'm bored

this post would be total owning if we knew who the gently caress vilepilot was

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Spanish Manlove posted:

oh i got something so much better, and you know what, gently caress it I'm bored

ahahaha of course it's vilepilot

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Daedra posted:

this post would be total owning if we knew who the gently caress vilepilot was

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2445

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Dumb OP from stupid idiot town.

Pimpcasso