Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

maybe she is a feeder and finds the idea of you getting so fat and unattractive to others so you could never leave her that it makes you that much more attractive to her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
People regain weight because they stop paying attention and start eating like poo poo again. Doubly so if they went on an unsustainable crash diet and don't actually know how to eat in a sensible, balanced manner.

If you have a large appetite (which is influenced by a huge host of factors including genetics, epigenetics, and past and present environment), the only way to maintain weight loss is constant vigilance and maintaining long term motivation. That's hard as poo poo, so it's easier to pretend it's impossible because it doesn't require you to put any effort in.

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.

Fatkraken posted:

You did all that. You also ate fewer calories than you had been previously. If you eat cheese and you aren't allowed to eat bread or crackers, you'll generally stop after a relatively small amount because cheese on it's own isn't something you want to eat that much of, so you don't. If chasing GIs has a major effect, it's on hunger and satiety, ie, how much you WANT to eat, making it much easier to eat fewer calories without really noticing.

That's what all these magic diets do: make eating at a calorie deficit easier to cope with or just do by accident without really noticing because of the restrictions put on what you're allowed to eat.

Also, OPs fictitious Asian girlfriend doesn't have mad genetics, she eats less than him. He only pretends to see the meals they eat together, where she apparently eats a lot, but I can promise you she wouldn't be eating much the rest of the day if she existed.

You might be partially right, but GI is scientifically proven, yo. Disociated eating isnt snake oil, its how poo poo works.

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
Whats a feeder, i like that word

sometimes she strokes my food baby until I give birth to our quintuplets in the toilett

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Mr Underhill posted:

You might be partially right, but GI is scientifically proven, yo. Disociated eating isnt snake oil, its how poo poo works.

yeh probly but you don't need that poo poo, if you eat less than you burn you either lose weight or die because you have an incredibly rare metabloic disorder and your body is incapable of breaking down fat stores for energy (literally the reason we have fat stores)

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.

Fatkraken posted:

yeh probly but you don't need that poo poo, if you eat less than you burn you either lose weight or die because you have an incredibly rare metabloic disorder and your body is incapable of breaking down fat stores for energy (literally the reason we have fat stores)

Oh, I wasnt disagreeing with the intake outtake thing, its just that it helps a LOT to disassociate, too.

It sucks that our lifestyles have gotten so ridiculous that we have to move around for no other reason than to burn off excess stored energy, or that we need to stop eating when our body says do it, but the alternative is being big fat whining manbabies and a lose lose situation , unattractiveness and health problems.

I have a friend who tried to lose weight by jogging every other day and nothing worked until he changed his culinary MO. basically you cant make up with one hour workouts per day eating to your hearts content. You gotta drop that sammich and watch the weight go away - then itll seem to hit a constant and losing weight slows down to almost a crawl - thats when you hit'er with the workout. Well, it worked for him at least.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Hearing fat people try to fatsplain why certain foods are magic and how their bodies are actually radically different then every other human's is always amazing.

Also, jogging is literally the worst way to lose weight. Unless you're going 10 miles a day, all that's going to happen is you're going to work up a huge sweat over the course of the 2 miles you run at a 15 minute pace, burning 50 calories, at which point you'll feel you've earned 1000 calories worth of bananas and ice cream and Starbucks.

limeincoke fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 9, 2015

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
Do fat people not feel sick when they eat too much food. I don't get it, I can't eat that much food it makes me feel disgusting if I ingest more than my daily amount. Even if I eat a lot at one occasion I'll usually just not "feel" hungry in the ensuing days. Like stuffing myself beyond a certain point gives me feelings of bloatedness and possibly maybe gas.

Its literally loving hard to get fat.

I salute you fat men out there for trying your hardest to be tubs of lard, sacrificing your bodies to the food gods so our lord & savior Quetzalcoatl gets a super-sized meal when you eventually die.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

limeincoke posted:

Also, jogging is literally the worst way to lose weight. Unless you're going 10 miles a day, all that's going to happen is you're going to work up a huge sweat over the course of the 2 miles you run at a 15 minute pace, burning 50 calories, at which point you'll feel you've earned 1000 calories worth of bananas and ice cream and Starbucks.

Jogging helped me lose weight, but only in conjunction with some pretty serious calorie counting. I would have lost about 1.5 lbs a week without exercise, with it I'm losing about 2, and also getting much fitter and healthier (the main reason for jogging).

I'm not fat any more, I suppose I should change my forums name

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

limeincoke posted:

Hearing fat people try to fatsplain why certain foods are magic and how their bodies are actually radically different then every other human's is always amazing.

Isn't 5k at like a 10 minute mile something like 350 calories?

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
^^^Didn't you make the argument that calorie burning numbers are nonsensical and it depends on body makeup you dick?
i guess by your logic jogging a mile burns 0-60,000 calories depending on how Asian you are.

Aferisan posted:

Do fat people not feel sick when they eat too much food. I don't get it, I can't eat that much food it makes me feel disgusting if I ingest more than my daily amount. Even if I eat a lot at one occasion I'll usually just not "feel" hungry in the ensuing days. Like stuffing myself beyond a certain point gives me feelings of bloatedness and possibly maybe gas.

Its literally loving hard to get fat.

I salute you fat men out there for trying your hardest to be tubs of lard, sacrificing your bodies to the food gods so our lord & savior Quetzalcoatl gets a super-sized meal when you eventually die.

As a fatty (300+ pounder over here! I'd raise the roof but it makes me to sweaty) I'd like to weigh in on this.

Being a fat fatty is a lifestyle, like being a person who takes up an active hobby (like a sport, or hiking, or anything that involves movement) except my lifestyle involves doing NOTHING BUT EATING TACOS TASTY TACOS ALL THE TIME. After a while eating an extra meal, then snack, then meal, then ice cream, then snack then soda is just what you do. your body adjusts to all the intake, and lack of exercise and you just...get fat. Then if you decide to eat more, and stop moving you just stay that way.

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.

Trollologist posted:

As a fatty (300+ pounder over here! I'd raise the roof but it makes me to sweaty) I'd like to weigh in on this.

Weigh in

Sorry, couldnt help it

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Three Olives posted:

Isn't 5k at like a 10 minute mile something like 350 calories?

about that, yeah

it takes half an hour plus warm up, cool down, getting ready, and showering after, so about an hour out of your day. You can eat 350 calories of cake in about 8 seconds.

If you're not paying attention to what you eat and just consuming anything that takes your fancy, you need to do an ungodly amount of exercise to keep up with an unchecked fatty-appetite. Pretty much the only exercise regime that will result in weight loss even if you eat ALL the food is trekking across the Antarctic for 16 hours a day.

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
Homeostasis burns calories too so idk you don't have to exercise.

I'm making an app that helps weight loss You send me in pictures of the food you're about to eat and I send back negative messages about your appearance/mental capacity.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
don't play the long game op

naem
May 29, 2011

I pretty much stopped eating sugar and it's like magic, also my chest has those crinkle things between from all the push-ups A+ would something something

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
People, seriously, speed.

Your grandmother and her peers kept their girlish figures with black beauties and yellow jackets and you can too.

Find a kid with add, distract him (ridiculously easy), and steal his adderal. BAM, shed those pounds.

Also, take up smoking. Nicotine is natures most perfect appetite suppressant.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Top City Homo posted:

weight and fat are not the same thing

i weigh the same as i do 5 years ago but instead of 25% fat its 12%

idiot bitch scientists

also even if you accept their measurements all it says is that we can get people skinny but don't have good ways to keep them skinny. i don't see why you'd suspect the answer for that to be anything but psychological and circumstantial. and isn't 5, 10 years of being a healthy weight again better than none?

i don't see how it could be used to support the idea that promoting weight loss is bad

naem
May 29, 2011

Rando posted:

Your grandmother and her peers kept their girlish figures with black beauties and yellow jackets and you can too.

Find a kid with add, distract him (ridiculously easy), and steal his adderal. BAM, shed those pounds.

This advise is good also if you want to turn into a wheezy skeleton

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

naem posted:

I pretty much stopped eating sugar and it's like magic, also my chest has those crinkle things between from all the push-ups A+ would something something

if you stop eating carbs too then your body literally eats your fat as energy

so you can eat meats and greens while your body is just like whatev

naem
May 29, 2011

jerkstoresup posted:

if you stop eating carbs too then your body literally eats your fat as energy

I periodically eat only beans for carbs and tuna fish and poop a bunch for a couple days but mostly for fun

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
Dude jogging is a fantastic way to lose weight. Granted when I did my weightloss I basically jogged for 3-4 days, took a break, repeat, and subsisted on a diet of starvation and buckwheat groats. it was nice.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

naem posted:

This advise is good also if you want to turn into a wheezy skeleton

What? No no no.

Speed also happens to be a bronchialdilator.

It's all upside! (literally)

Troutful
May 31, 2011

Fatkraken posted:

If you're not paying attention to what you eat and just consuming anything that takes your fancy, you need to do an ungodly amount of exercise to keep up with an unchecked fatty-appetite. Pretty much the only exercise regime that will result in weight loss even if you eat ALL the food is trekking across the Antarctic for 16 hours a day.

I have a friend who hiked the Appalachian Trail and lost weight while eating 6,000 calories of Snickers bars every day. The human body is pretty amazing. Fat people who "can't" lose weight from exercising should try thru-hiking imo

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
shut up three olives

naem
May 29, 2011

Rando posted:

What? No no no.

Speed also happens to be a bronchialdilator.

It's all upside! (literally)

REALLY get that lung tar up in there

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

naem posted:

REALLY get that lung tar up in there

Feel great, look great.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
3 olives is actually joking right? like no one could really be that stupid

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
3O can't lose weight because gays refuse to do strength training and just do mountains of cardio.

edit: he's still cute as a button though

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
im constantly drinking thats my excuse

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Serious weight loss post goes ere

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rando posted:

Yellow jackets are a throw back to me. Still around? Hook

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Germstore posted:

3O can't lose weight because gays refuse to do strength training and just do mountains of cardio.

My lesbian is trying to get me into strength training, we will see in a few months when she moves here but she kicked my rear end in the gym over new years.

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

3 olives is actually joking right? like no one could really be that stupid

I'm a thin homosexual that runs 3-5 miles a day, don't listen to me about eating or fitness I will probably give you dumb thin homosexual advice about watching your calories by drinking vodka sodas for dinner.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jan 9, 2015

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Interesting

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Three Olives posted:

My lesbian is trying to get me into strength training, we will see in a few months when she moves here but she kicked my rear end in the gym over new years.

I'm a thin homosexual that runs 3-5 miles a day, don't listen to me about eating or fitness I will probably give you dumb thin homosexual advice about watching your calories by drinking vodka sodas for dinner.

*scribbles on notepad*
Vodka soda......

What else?

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
No fair, how do I get a personal lesbian?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
It is my firm belief that fat americans* should be round up and slaughtered wholesale like the animals they are. They cost Americans 10$billion a year in excessive, easily preventable medical expenses. If culling the population is a bit much for some, America has another option, one we are in fact, familiar and comfortable with historically speaking. Concentration and labor camps. Weight (not health mind you) is a simple equation of calories in and calories out. Let us round up these fatasses and place them in concentration camps where they can be monitored and fed until they are of normal weight. Americas roads are falling apart, let them perform civic works and functions. Dams, roads, artwork, anything to get them moving and burning some calories for the good of all society.

A fat is one who does not have control over his or her base emotions. The ability to delay pleasure and gratification, understand simple cause and effect, and control our id, our base emotions are a few of the things that separate us from animals. Fat is a monument to failure that all can see, it shouts that I have no self-control, that I am undisciplined, unreliable and sloppy. Slay these people, and let us burn their fat for warmth.

* Veterans and Medicals excused

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
COngrats OP, you are going out with Marge Simpson

In other gay dieting news I skip eating once a week or so and its somehow shrink my stomach to the point where what used to be a normal portion makes me feel like a bloated loving foodsponge. Eating whole pizzas in 1 sitting was kind of fun :( but pot bellies aren't worth it imo

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I can never lose weight either because I loving love starches and pastas and poo poo. I work out but my weight and fat % is basically static.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Marry that girl, OP. If you don't, I will.

• Locked thread