Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/7886446/ns/technology_and_science-games/t/nintendo-unveils-new-game-boy/#.VK8l1ivF9HV

quote:

...As for the Revolution, Nintendo showed off an early prototype of the console, but it was clear that it was still a work in progress. No date was announced for its release...and officials said they were still pondering color choices for the console, which is smaller than the PlayStation 2. No controller was shown.
Also still unknown: What the console's final name will be. Acknowledging the lack of information, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata told the audience, "maybe we can look at this as a form of puzzle game."

What a time to be alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Not so rough burger-chan

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Maybe they too will push the limits of 960p this cycle.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
I don't appreciate being made a fool of, OP.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
nintendo more like ninturdo lol!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

its me mario

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

the wii u is unironically a good system to buy if your thing is getting hosed up with friends and playing casual 4 player party games, anyone hating on it is probably a super nerd with no friends in the real world

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Yea WiiU owns.

They just hosed up making it look identical to its predecessor with an almost identical name

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Nintendo's next-generation home console, code-named Revolution, is the size of three stacked DVD cases.

open container
Sep 16, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Ee5aJw7Qo

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Isn't the WiiU a school where all Nintendo Employees go? Like Burger-U.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
no that's DigiPen

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
It'll probably be called the wiiVol-U-tiion, and no controller was mentioned because you'll control everything through the use of three amiibos that you place in various locations in front of some kind of camera device. Nobody knows how it's really supposed to work but I guarantee it'll be wiiVol-U-tiionary.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Does this one go up to 11 or 12?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

no that's DigiPen

No, DigiPens are the little digital monsters that you keep in your pocket.

"Di! Di! Di! DigiPens! DigiPens are the champions!"

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I was at E3 2005 reporting and using j-school skills

The micro game boys were all tethered to these girls on a line and so you had to like stand there with them while you played this tiny loving game with a microscreen and it sucked

Super Mario Strikers was there and that game was pretty cool though, also that Katamari game was chill

return0
Apr 11, 2007

Yea WiiU owns.

They just hosed up making it look identical to its predecessor with an almost identical name

i liked playing wii games like wii sports and stuff and thought about buying a wiiU but wasn't sure what it actually was. like can i play wii games in it. is it like the PS3 is to the PS2??

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
them should porbably just kill theyselves

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

return0 posted:

i liked playing wii games like wii sports and stuff and thought about buying a wiiU but wasn't sure what it actually was. like can i play wii games in it. is it like the PS3 is to the PS2??

you can, and yes

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

no that's DigiPen

very carefully

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

god drat thats a huge guy

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
please gas this current events thread thanks

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
GameCube Nintendo
5% tint so you can't see up in my window

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Real talk, I saw this guy (Reginald Fils-Aimé, Chief "Game Chef" of Nintendo in America) at a mall in Cleveland, Ohio back when he was still lording over American Nintendo products like some kind of interracial techno-giant. Somebody had made the mistake of confusing him with NBA's Blake Griffin--going so far as to impose on Mr. Fils-Aimé an autograph. After Fils-Aimé rejected the request, the person shoved the basketball back into his hands and shouted, "No, you sign it boy."

Needless to say, I have a Griffin-autographed basketball now.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Nintendo Wiiner

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Real talk, I saw this guy (Reginald Fils-Aimé, Chief "Game Chef" of Nintendo in America) at a mall in Cleveland, Ohio back when he was still lording over American Nintendo products like some kind of interracial techno-giant. Somebody had made the mistake of confusing him with NBA's Blake Griffin--going so far as to impose on Mr. Fils-Aimé an autograph. After Fils-Aimé rejected the request, the person shoved the basketball back into his hands and shouted, "No, you sign it boy."

Needless to say, I have a Griffin-autographed basketball now.

im gay

Big Beef City posted:

Look at the dude BEHIND him!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Big Beef City posted:

all its missing is a full moon and maybe a howling wolf

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

lol nintendo still exists?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Is that a Game & Watch?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
cool another non-real-computer for me to ignore

I'll be playing real games on my actual desktop computer

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

burritolingus posted:

Is that a Game & Watch?

"A two-inch screen," Reginald Fils-Aimé says dramatically as he holds the device up to the audience. His gigantic hand only serves to further diminish the size of the toy. "Twenty bytes of memory...a two hertz processor." As he speaks, he stares down various members of the audience with an expression that is both intense and blank. "A game. A watch."

A cameraman zooms in one the device's screen and the jittery feed is projected on the screen behind Reginald Fils-Aimé. Reginald Fils-Aimé proceeds to play a game of The Legend of Zelda: Link's Second Story Two. His humongous fingers mash the two buttons on the device, but he dies several times in a row. He becomes progressively irritated by the Game & Watch, so he says, "We intend to replace every iPhone--every Droid Phone--every goddamn Gameboy...with one of these..."

He holds it up again. "...by Q2 2015."

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

gnarlyhotep posted:

cool another non-real-computer for me to ignore

I'll be playing real games on my actual desktop computer

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

Jigglypuff!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
wii u is actually really good. I'm usually a master-race pc smugperiority person and I havent really owned/played consoles since the N64/PSX era (and only somewhat with ps2/gc/xbox), but i went for a wii u recently and don't regret it one bit. all the games on it right now are a lot of fun and give the kind of giddy-sit-up-close-to-the-tv playing donkey kong till 2am feeling that I used to have with the original DKCs. also lot of good co-op and party games which the PC has a huge lack of.

basically buy a wii u, they're $200 for a whole console which is dirt cheap

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
it's a me, AIDS Mario! Imma mario with AIDS. I want to give princess peach AIDS

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
guaranteed wii u will be the only console to actually make a decent profit, nintendo are smart

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I bet it's gonna be a Virtual Boy 2.0 and some kids born three years ago will go blind from using it too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i liked the waggle stick and was disappointed they didnt improve it for the new wii. but thats not why i didnt buy one. i didnt buy one because video games are, of course, for poo poo baby virgins

• Locked thread