Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
I hope we get too see more of Zombie Girl. :zombie: :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
That was a pretty tasteful way to put in Mayu actually. I'm impressed.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

BRING ME MORE KANAKO

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Namtab posted:

BRING ME MORE KANAKO

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

PS4 IM@S announced, and an IM@S themed version of that taiko game for Vita

PrinnySquadron fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 18, 2015

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Well, they said 'the next game will be on PS4' or something a while ago but it's good to know they're actually getting somewhere with it.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It's kind of great just how easy it is to make these two look like mafia members.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

iOS Shiny Festa is $7.99 (each) right now, if anyone was for some reason put off by the previous prices of $50 and $25.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Finally got around to seeing the new episode. Glad to see that my weekly dose of idol cuteness is still good.

Koume and Natsuki showing up was a really nice surprise too.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I am trying to resist the urge to pre-order too many boxes of the CG Weiss Schwarz set, even if I can't use it with the pre-existing IM@S sets :negative:

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I'm glad I never got into CCGs, they seem tough to keep up with. Especially if the new stuff is from your favourite show, or whatever equivalent.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Weiss is a bit easier because nothing rotates and you can just stick to whatever show floats your boat(Unless it's like, Little Busters which IIRC is old and hella expensive) IM@S has like 5 sets now though(Love Live is catching up) otherwise most of them aren't too bad.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

Bah, I can't wait another week for a new episode...

Really glad they are focusing on some of the other Cinderella Girls though. Kaede has always been one of my favorites.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

She likes puns and alcohol. And she is really nice. Best idol.

Anzu is still the bestest idol though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

She likes puns and alcohol. And she is really nice. Best idol.

Anzu is still the bestest idol though.

The fanon that Kaede used to produced by P-san and possibly in a relationship with him is amusing and a little cute as most Im@s Fanon is.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sonata Mused posted:

Really glad they are focusing on some of the other Cinderella Girls though. Kaede has always been one of my favorites.

I'd be surprised if that lasts, though they had to fill an episode with something while everyone else was twiddling their thumbs and thinking about their impending doom/reassignment.

I like the new OP, anyway.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

This episode kind of cemented for me the fact that I legitimately do not care about the main idol group as a whole. In their starring episodes they have a bit more personality, but as a group it turns into "hey this is my gimmick > well this is mine > let's make this conversation take as long as physically possible". And of course, New Generations is just maximum bland.

I was way more interested in the Producer's efforts, though beer waifu showing up was pretty neat.

Also I'm kind of sad that after they had Mayu show up last episode, they didn't cut to her reaction to finding out she might be separated from her producer.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

This episode kind of cemented for me the fact that I legitimately do not care about the main idol group as a whole. In their starring episodes they have a bit more personality, but as a group it turns into "hey this is my gimmick > well this is mine > let's make this conversation take as long as physically possible". And of course, New Generations is just maximum bland.

I was way more interested in the Producer's efforts, though beer waifu showing up was pretty neat.

Also I'm kind of sad that after they had Mayu show up last episode, they didn't cut to her reaction to finding out she might be separated from her producer.

There are a total of 52 voiced idols and 131 others without a VA. The main problem with Cinderella Girls is that each girl is basically a singular gimmick on a girl and nothing more (and some girls seem to borderline share gimmicks). As opposed to the 765 team which is at least give characters two traits and/or gimmicks. The main three of new Generations is supposed to be the generic examples of Cool, Cute and Passion which doesn't help either. It also doesn't help that they took a mix of some of the more popular characters and mixed them with some of the less popular ones to give the lesser ones more exposure (I guess :shrug:)

Million Live is only slightly more promising in that the cast is reduced to 50 including the 765 group (so 37 new girls) so characterization is as thinly spread (but they still have to make sure not to overlap too much with the Cinderella Girls). It's basically what happens when trying to spin characters out of a collectible game and doing it all at once.

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

BlitzBlast posted:

During the big meeting there was an empty seat near TakeP and no one remotely close to Mayu's Producer design showed up. It's safe to assume that those two are together. Forever.

Yosuke fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jul 29, 2015

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Polsy posted:

I'd be surprised if that lasts, though they had to fill an episode with something while everyone else was twiddling their thumbs and thinking about their impending doom/reassignment.

Then again, maybe they're just going to double the size of the "regular" cast.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

This episode was really good. Gah, waiting every week is the worst.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I can't say I really understand the logic of forcing idols popular for their gimmicks to drop their characters and transition into new roles when they could just, you know, do those new roles as their established characters.

Seems even more counter-intuitive when your plan is to make some really famous stars. :psyduck:

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, she doesn't seem to have any particular reason to reset all of them besides 'it's not the Mishiro way' or whatever.

Well, at least I'm picking up on classic Cinderella Girls lore like Triad Primus which they were half-setting up, and, uhh, Pinya.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Once again, Anzu proves that she is the wisest idol in the cast. It's no wonder she doesn't want to work.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Polsy posted:

Yeah, she doesn't seem to have any particular reason to reset all of them besides 'it's not the Mishiro way' or whatever.
I'd guess it's part brand control, and part corporate politics where the new boss needs to put their mark on the company to reinforce their position.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wso36EgQKNg

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

I really want to see one of her concerts in the anime.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'm glad we're getting to see more and more of the other Cinderella Girls. I was hoping they would use Natsumi and Rina together like this.

Also, they recently had the Cinderella Girls election. The girls in the top 3 were actually pretty different from last years.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Goty

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It's finally happened, "rock" doesn't sound like a word to me anymore.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

As long as you think it's nya, it's nya.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
Mio is just terrible.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Wow, agreed. Definitely cementing her place as 'reacts worst to unexpected events'

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Mio did nothing wrong. :colbert:

I know most people still hate her due to being the instrument to make the original drama in the show but I thought her reaction in the latest episode was rather reasonable. That and it was a good sign of development for both her and the Producer that they sorted it out immediately.

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel
I liked that Mio and TakeP were able to talk it out relatively quickly, shows that the latter learned a bit from his own mistakes. While going solo isn't necessarily the correct thing, it's the sensible thing given that everyone is trying to improve in their own way.

Really if anything, the only person I can't care for in New Gen drama part 2 is Uzuki's continuance of doing nothing.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yosuke posted:

I liked that Mio and TakeP were able to talk it out relatively quickly, shows that the latter learned a bit from his own mistakes. While going solo isn't necessarily the correct thing, it's the sensible thing given that everyone is trying to improve in their own way.

It feels like at least partially 'if you're going to do your own thing, then so am I, so there'. I guess it is an option if she's that cut up about it, but, hmm.

quote:

Really if anything, the only person I can't care for in New Gen drama part 2 is Uzuki's continuance of doing nothing.

I'm sure she's ganbarimassing as hard as she can.

Polsy fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Aug 30, 2015

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Mishiro is a lot less compelling "antagonist" than Kuroi. It's like they're trying to paint her actions as being beneficial to the company, but really she's about the same level of "because screw you".

On the plus side, hey, Fumika showed up.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Starlight Stage is out (in Japanese). I haven't watched any idolmaster, but School Idol Festival was my gateway to Love Live, so maybe this will do the same for its franchise. Here's an apk for android folks.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Can't believe they're letting Androiders get a head start, so unfair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I downloaded the apk out of curiousity. Gameplay holds up so far, and after a year+ of playing SIF it's nice to have a large lineup of songs I've never played before. Not 100% on the hold-and-drag notes, but I think it'll get better as I get used to it.

• Locked thread