Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kylra posted:

I was about to ask that since it had everything which of them was actually a boy, but then I ctrl-fed it. Pretty comprehensive.

Somehow lesbians are not in the list though. Weird.

There's one who just wants to hang around cute girls all of the time. Also Yukipo and Makoto may as well be in lesbians with each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

book posted:

As someone who plays the mobagame (lol), I'm impressed with the OP. I'm sure the show will be pretty mediocre and I'm not a fan of the art style, but roboassassinP is making up for it. Also, I hope they don't spend too much time on the worst trio.

Do you mean the main trio? Because yes, they're bland and Vanilla and thus, boring. At least Haruka from the previous group was a brainless klutz so she had that going for her as a type of identity.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Probably should catch up with this series at some point, but I can't really stand how uninteresting the main trio are.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sonata Mused posted:

Nope. Puchimas is life.

Shame that all of the Cinderella characters tend to be so one note because of how many there actually are. Puchidols for this cast would be amusing

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

She likes puns and alcohol. And she is really nice. Best idol.

Anzu is still the bestest idol though.

The fanon that Kaede used to produced by P-san and possibly in a relationship with him is amusing and a little cute as most Im@s Fanon is.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

This episode kind of cemented for me the fact that I legitimately do not care about the main idol group as a whole. In their starring episodes they have a bit more personality, but as a group it turns into "hey this is my gimmick > well this is mine > let's make this conversation take as long as physically possible". And of course, New Generations is just maximum bland.

I was way more interested in the Producer's efforts, though beer waifu showing up was pretty neat.

Also I'm kind of sad that after they had Mayu show up last episode, they didn't cut to her reaction to finding out she might be separated from her producer.

There are a total of 52 voiced idols and 131 others without a VA. The main problem with Cinderella Girls is that each girl is basically a singular gimmick on a girl and nothing more (and some girls seem to borderline share gimmicks). As opposed to the 765 team which is at least give characters two traits and/or gimmicks. The main three of new Generations is supposed to be the generic examples of Cool, Cute and Passion which doesn't help either. It also doesn't help that they took a mix of some of the more popular characters and mixed them with some of the less popular ones to give the lesser ones more exposure (I guess :shrug:)

Million Live is only slightly more promising in that the cast is reduced to 50 including the 765 group (so 37 new girls) so characterization is as thinly spread (but they still have to make sure not to overlap too much with the Cinderella Girls). It's basically what happens when trying to spin characters out of a collectible game and doing it all at once.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Needs less drama, needs more idol hijinks.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Is the drama ever about any of them kissing?

Not canonically.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Polsy posted:

Good wrap-up final episode, if unsurprising. Now to begin the wait for the next im@s-based anime...

It'll probably be either Million Live or some SoL spiin-off of Cinderella Girls. Probably another Puchim@s at some point too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Polsy posted:

^ lol

Yeah, I could definitely see a SoL working. How's Puchimas doing for unused material now?

There's probably enough for a season I think, but CG has enough 4koma material for a spin-off

• Locked thread