Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
They don't have jobs and they want to change the world? What the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
you are a loving human being, OP

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
They want to change it to a world where they do have jorbs

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

dad gay. so what posted:

you are a loving human being, OP

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
too much MTV

Whimsy
Jan 8, 2001
They grew up in a post-9/11 world :(

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

haha, owned me, what a fagot

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Kids love the bongo drums and run the jewels 2

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
youth is wasted on the young OP

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

always had an internet

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'd be pretty spoiled too if I was surrounded by science fiction gadgets like these kids are today with their iphones OP

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
lemme tell you all about bitcoins OP

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Jerry: What's the deal with 'em? I'm serious!
George: I'm serious TOO, Jerry!
Jerry: I KNOW!
George: I am!
Jerry: I KNOW!!
George: (screaming) SERIOUS!
Jerry: I KNOOOW!
George: JERRY!
Jerry: I know!
George: (diminished) Jerry...
Jerry: I know...
George: (meekly walking towards Jerry, arms outstretched, face downtrodden) ...Jerry.
Jerry: ...I know.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I have embraced my new millennial identity and stopped being sad about it so, watch your mouth about my peeps, cuz

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Whimsy posted:

They grew up in a post-9/11 world :(
pretty much this. there was two ways they could've turned out: nihilistic and self destructive or blissfully unaware and hopelessly selfish. unfortunately, its the latter

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

pretty much this. there was two ways they could've turned out: nihilistic and self destructive or blissfully unaware and hopelessly selfish. unfortunately, its the latter

how does the experience of living through 9/11 make one blissfully unaware and hopelessly selfish exactly

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

a posting ghost posted:

how does the experience of living through 9/11 make one blissfully unaware and hopelessly selfish exactly
it's a defense mechanism, on a subconscious level, in order to overcome the harsh reality that we (the people) are powerless against the boundless greed and bloodlust of a select few.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
It's actually all Minecraft's fault.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I'm a millenial and I have a job but I also go to hip bars and seek out obscure ethnic food

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I love when gen x and y blames millenials for all the problems that that the X and Y's made. Oh you guys are bad with money... it's your fault we took it all and keep loving the system, go get a job already. Pound that pavement, it'll work.

Also I really find it odd that it encompasses people born in the early 80's and people born in the late 90's, I feel like a poo poo load has changed over that 15-20 years, ranging from technology to the economy.

Oh and I don't think I've met anyone my age give or take 5 that wants to change the world, they just want to have a slightly better job or maybe even a house.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Neukoln19 posted:

They want to change it to a world where they do have jorbs

I don't think this is true.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Uh gen y are millenials dummy.

Rhizoids
Jul 4, 2009

by Ralp
owned

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

I love when gen x and y blames millenials for all the problems that that the X and Y's made. Oh you guys are bad with money... it's your fault we took it all and keep loving the system, go get a job already. Pound that pavement, it'll work.

Also I really find it odd that it encompasses people born in the early 80's and people born in the late 90's, I feel like a poo poo load has changed over that 15-20 years, ranging from technology to the economy.

Oh and I don't think I've met anyone my age give or take 5 that wants to change the world, they just want to have a slightly better job or maybe even a house.

I was born in 1987 which technically makes me a millennial but I have a lot more in common with someone born in 1982, which would technically be Gen X, than someone born in 1992.

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

material wealth is over-rated OP I hope you one day figure that out, until then I'll be fisting my own rear end in a top hat instead of making some fatcat rich

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

over two thousand years since the birth of Christ, thousands of years of recorded human history, and still somehow people think it is unique that this generation of young people are dumb gay idiots

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

it's a defense mechanism, on a subconscious level, in order to overcome the harsh reality that we (the people) are powerless against the boundless greed and bloodlust of a select few.

hmmmmmmm

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Why don't they just get jobs? Just send in an application then go a few days later to speak with the manager so he knows their face

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

millenials will square out just like the boomers did, just you watch. we will be listening to t-swiff records and complaining about all those god damned gearbacks (future racial slur for androids)

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Eh when every decent job has like 50 applicants, sometimes you wanna just smoke one and say gently caress it

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.
My favorite is when people say "Kids these days always staring at their smart phones!" when really it's just a natural evolution of the "Kids these days always listening to their Walkman Headphones!" complaint that was leveled against Gen X'ers.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Gaunab posted:

Why don't they just get jobs? Just send in an application then go a few days later to speak with the manager so he knows their face

just send in an application!!! *struggles to pay mortgage* there are companies begging for workers!!! *is denied a raise for the third time* you just gotta work harder!!! *volunteers for unpaid overtime*

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

"Kids these days are so gay and brown! Has anyone seen my glasses? Why don't my grandchildren ever call me?"

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
we're only the worst current generation, wait till you meet our children

CCrew
Nov 5, 2007

I have a job why thank you

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

I prefer the term "Willenials" as we are currently in the 15th year of the Willennium

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I own that album :manning:

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
"Says young George Bush, I'm thinkin' 'bout runnin'
Maybe not this time but trust dude,
unh----------unh"

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

Jerry: What's the deal with 'em? I'm serious!
George: I'm serious TOO, Jerry!
Jerry: I KNOW!
George: I am!
Jerry: I KNOW!!
George: (screaming) SERIOUS!
Jerry: I KNOOOW!
George: JERRY!
Jerry: I know!
George: (diminished) Jerry...
Jerry: I know...
George: (meekly walking towards Jerry, arms outstretched, face downtrodden) ...Jerry.
Jerry: ...I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
feed yourself today. you can be a good person tomorrow.

• Locked thread