Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Nate RFB posted:

Speaking of the chat, it wasn't immediately obvious to me at first but the twins pull another personality switch in that Mairu only says one or two words at a time and Kururi talks non-stop. They even swapped their names from the looks of it.

Nope. Mai's a chatterbox offline but can't type, so she's quiet. Kururi is the one who speaks a lot online.

Also, all of you arguing that Celty isn't sane haven't given a reason why she's not the (second, okay, behind Tom) most well adjusted member of the cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Nate RFB posted:

That's exactly what I said :confused:

Either I'm reading wrong or you said "Mairu goes by Kururi online and vice versa"

Mai is Mairu, but she never talks online, while Kururi is Kuru, who talks incessantly online.

Soylentbits posted:

She keeps losing her head.

Fair point.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So I rewatched the first season because my friend got me the dvd, and I love the music in the show so much.

For example, the Saika song is literally chanting "Anri" throughout the song. Also the entirety of episode 16. Especially the parts with Haruna and that creepy song that plays while she just. doesn't. blink.

The only downside to the dub is that Yagiri's voice isn't that great, but even that's not that major after the first arc.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Twiddy posted:

Anri is possibly the dumbest target in the entire city if they're going after peoples' lives

There is exactly one target dumber than that.

Also, I felt the pacing of the first couple arcs were fine. I didn't mind the Slasher Arc, and it was only 5 episodes, as opposed to the 6 of the previous ones, and the 7 of the one after it.

The issue was the Yellow Scarves Arc wasn't that great compared to the arcs before it.

This new one seems to be going 3 arcs/cour at 4 episodes/arc, which is a pretty solid pace.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Feb 16, 2015

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Clarste posted:

Wait, how are you dividing the first 12 episodes into two arcs? It felt like one really long to me.

Oh, I'd guessed that the first 6 episodes were setting up the Yagiri plot. The Slasher Arc was tightly paced compared to the two around it then.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I love that Anri and Celty are basically the strongest two-person team (in terms of being able to cause damage to an opponent) in Ikebukuro. This excludes Shizuo, but he's less focused in his strength (unless Izaya is involved).

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Twiddy posted:

I mean it entirely depends on what their plan is. Anri is possibly the dumbest target in the entire city if they're going after peoples' lives, but the context seems to be a kidnapping? For how dangerous Anri is, she's also super passive so as long as no one's really threatened. She'll probably just cooperate.

I was rewatching the episode to see the bad animation (because I didn't really pay attention to that the first time), and I thought of this when they got to the Anri/Vorona fight scene, because Anri was basically telling Vorona that she would let her go no problem if she just left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Sadly Vorona is crazy and was not going to if Celty had not shown up. Plus she is still crazy and plans on coming back. Presumably better armed and prepared which could be bad.

Yeah, but I'm just pointing out that Anri's the best character. This was confirmed to me at the end of Season 1 when she told herself at the end of her arc that if Izaya stirred more poo poo up for her or her friends she'd stop him, and when he stirs poo poo up, that's immediately what she sets out to do (shame she didn't unload the gun).

• Locked thread