Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I think the part I enjoy most is how every time Shizuo's brother and Hollywood interact its basically two Anime Valium Kids slowly bouncing off of each other unsure how to deal with meeting the same archetype character as themselves. Its like the conversational version of two balloons slowly knocking into each other and there's something hilarious about it I can't pin down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

I watched the durarara dub right after rewatching Baccano a while back and yeah, not only are the VAs different they sound so different that it's jarring.

It also cemented my opinion that the main reason durarara got such a bad rap is solely on Masaomi's lovely, lovely shoulders

Babysitter Super Sleuth fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Feb 3, 2015

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Atrocious animation aside this episode is full of whats probably my favorite recurring thing in Durarara, people acting like king poo poo of gently caress mountain and then getting absolutely chumped because they went and punched something in the nose that they had no understanding of and fumbling their way into the middle of goings-on that they are completely out of their element in

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

oh my god gently caress off masaomi nobody likes you

you're like a somehow shittier version of james hurley

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

ahaha I didn't notice the ghost seatbelts the first time around

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Mikado is tolerable because of how blindingly obvious it is that his "normal Japanese teen" face is at least partly an act and that poo poo is gonna go down with him in the future, masaomi is still the far worse character

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Itll probably kill you based on the fact that celty has baccano-style regeneration and the head would reform itself inside your esophagus before you finished eating it, probably.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

One of my favorite things about Durarara (aside from characters who think they have all the cards finding out too late that they're dicks-deep in supernatural bullshit) is that the explicitly supernatural monster characters are probably the most stable and reasonable members of the cast, and this is never commented upon.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

I, too, want to learn how to flick people in the head like that.

For real, Shizuo telling him to can it and stop acting like anyone gives a poo poo about his subplot was incredibly satisfying

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

The thing to remember is that the Naritaverse is one where being batshit insane gives you the ability to stand toe to toe with literal monsters, mainly because you're batshit insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Now that we've reached the end of my foreknowledge of the plot, I would like to say that I greatly enjoy Mikado's ongoing transformation into Ladd Russo mk. II and hope that we are awed and impressed by the improvements over the base model we have yet to see

• Locked thread