Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

So I heard that Musashino Animation is going to adapt that popular light novel series, The Third Aerial Girls Squad. It's being directed by the same guy who did the Exodus anime last season.

Personally, I think they have what it takes to do it. Rumor goes that it's going to be one cour which if we assume they average four episodes per book, we'll end with the third novel. Exodus was pretty good, and if its ending can be a judge of anything, Musani should be able to do justice to the third novel's climax. What does the rest of ADTRW think about this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Gothloli-sama isn't doing the character designs, dropped.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

I heard from a friend that the guy who did Evangelion helped with Exodus, so I have no real hope for this moe moe poo poo if they can't get him again.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like moe garbage matched with yet another masculine hobby, OP.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Tamba posted:

Gothloli-sama isn't doing the character designs, dropped.

They're having Iguchi-san doing the character designs, and her key frame works are always pretty great and lively. I think she has what it takes to faithfully recreate the LN's designs.

Here's the rest of the staff listing too:
-Main staff-
Original work: Daisan Hikou Shoujo-tai
Director: Seiichi Kinoshita
Character designer/Chief animation director: Yumi Iguchi
Art director: Yuuji Atsumi
Director of photography: Yoshiki Sakura
Color setter: Nao Shinkawa
3D Director: Yuichirou Shimoyanagi
Director of audiography: Yoshikazu Inanami
Editor: Wataru Nakabayashi
Line producer: Shun Watanabe

-Staff-
Writer: Shimeji Maitake
Storyboard/Episode director: Hironori Madoka
Key animation director: Misato Segawa
In-between animation inspector: Chiemi Doumoto
Color coordination: Ryo Hanamaki
Chief production assistant: Aoi Miyamori
Production assistant: Daisuke Hiraoka

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
This is going to be Beyond Jiggly, just you fuckers watch.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

The Devil Tesla posted:

Sounds like moe garbage matched with yet another masculine hobby, OP.

Honestly what I think is going to happen is the director's going to pull a GuP and demand no fanservice of the plane chicks. Sales will plummet...

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I just hope they don't get some no name off the street to do one of the voices.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Aerial Girls sucks, why isn't Musashino doing an Andes Chucky remake. They even have the guy who did the original OP on staff.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
That's never gonna happen dude, you've really got to let that go.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

paragon1 posted:

This is going to be Beyond Jiggly, just you fuckers watch.

Yamada-san's not ED, Madoka-san is. I think we can be safe.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Did anyone see the PV they showed today? The character designs look great and the music was pretty nice too.
Can't wait for October.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I have no idea why you people are excited about this. It's clearly a B-team effort, and the planes look like cgishit. Did people notice that in-air refueling port they added to that one plane? Totally unrealistic.

Yawgmoft posted:

I just hope they don't get some no name off the street to do one of the voices.

You called it.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Aria is aiight, and the plane model is pretty rough, but hot drat those clouds are gorgeous :eyepop:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

AnacondaHL posted:

Aria is aiight, and the plane model is pretty rough, but hot drat those clouds are gorgeous :eyepop:

Yeah seriously, it makes me feel like I'm actually flying through them myself.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I don't usually go in for this moe poo poo, but the PV made it look like this might be a kind of Tomino-with-cute-girls-and-jets story rather than pure moeblob stuff. Now that might be extremely my poo poo.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Why did she look surprised when she was brushing her teeth? Does anyone who read the manga know what that's about?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I heard they had to restart production halfway though cause the mangaka didn't like the character designs. What kind of chucklefucks are working at Musani?

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Spiritus Nox posted:

I don't usually go in for this moe poo poo, but the PV made it look like this might be a kind of Tomino-with-cute-girls-and-jets story rather than pure moeblob stuff. Now that might be extremely my poo poo.

Sure it looks like it might be alright, but I'm worried about how far along they are with the production. There's the rumours about restarting the whole production, and they didn't even have a voice over for the PV.

I'm gonna put money on this being only marginally better than Beyond Jiggly.

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

echoes of a contemporary nation
They've updated the official site with a key visual: http://musani.jp/
I know Musani's not the most reliable of studios, but I still think this could be pretty good.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Xythar posted:

They've updated the official site with a key visual: http://musani.jp/
I know Musani's not the most reliable of studios, but I still think this could be pretty good.

I see that all signs of Jiggly Jiggly Heaven have been carefully erased from that website.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

So apparently episode 1 was pretty well received? Is anyone subbing this or is everyone busy masturbating to Guncolle?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I was going to say that yes, some sub group has said that they're gonna try and do it, but we don't have a date or anything. Then I got to the second half of your comment and was so creeped out I that decided to just say nothing.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

TempuraRoll will probably pick it up mid season like they did with Exodus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

pandaK posted:

TempuraRoll will probably pick it up mid season like they did with Exodus.
the masturbating?

• Locked thread