Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Is that you're not that rear end in a top hat you were when you were 15 or 20, you're a completely new rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I used to be quite the rough and tumble character myself.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
...is that high school chicks stay the same age??

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

i say again, i am 18 years of age, feels good having working joints

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
You stop being "an insufferable rear end in a top hat" and become "a cantankerous old man" which is kind of endearing.

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

krampster2 posted:

i say again, i am 18 years of age, feels good having working joints

If this is true(your age), six or seven years from now you will look back and realize you are enormously retarded and be embarrassed by pretty much everything you currently like.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

MegaGatts posted:

If this is true(your age), six or seven years from now you will look back and realize you are enormously retarded and be embarrassed by pretty much everything you currently like.

he is a goon after all. Metal and anime might still be big parts of his life.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

MegaGatts posted:

i dunno i googled "what do teens like" and found this buzzfeed article (yeah buzzfeed), don't really like any of these things on the list does that mean i'm really mature? like number 26 for example is just whack.

rude, i follow pastafarianism completely unironically
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicamisener/things-teens-think-are-cool-these-days#.qmMWL06N0

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Fetus Tree posted:

he is a goon after all. Metal and anime might still be big parts of his life.

no no no i will like anime for ever! anime is for adults!
*puts hands over ears starts shouting "lalalala"*

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

MeLKoR posted:

You stop being "an insufferable rear end in a top hat" and become "a cantankerous old man" which is kind of endearing.

I read a buzzfeed article last week when I was really bored and they were bitching about a bunch of slang I'd never heard. gently caress the kids these days. Literally if necessary.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
getting older means you can wear less and less clothing in public and not give a gently caress. lookin forward to goin to mcdonalds in my boxers and a wifebeater.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

gently caress the kids these days. Literally if necessary.

:siren:aatrek parachute account spotted:siren:

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

you get better at not caring about unimportant things

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Other things I've noticed as I've gotten older:

I'm pretty sure the hot golden snake chick in the Until It Sleeps video is actually a dude.

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

krampster2 posted:

i dunno i googled "what do teens like" and found this buzzfeed article (yeah buzzfeed), don't really like any of these things on the list does that mean i'm really mature? like number 26 for example is just whack.

rude, i follow pastafarianism completely unironically
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicamisener/things-teens-think-are-cool-these-days#.qmMWL06N0

Nope, even if you don't like what teens like you'll like other dumb things. You're at a point in your life where you're forging an identity so you'll throw a bunch of poo poo to the wall and see what sticks. When you sift through the sprayed diarrhea that will become who you will be in your 20s you'll have a floor covered in watery poo poo that you'll clean up the best you can. You'll cringe anytime someone else mentions the gallons of butt juice that once occupied your space and every now and again someone will look close at your floor and see specks of the turds that used to fester there.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

I'm done forging my identity, I'm ready to decide that teens are pointless and yell at kids to get off my lawn. Its going to be awesome.

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

imo best part is how my body hurts, lol

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

MegaGatts posted:

Nope, even if you don't like what teens like you'll like other dumb things. You're at a point in your life where you're forging an identity so you'll throw a bunch of poo poo to the wall and see what sticks. When you sift through the sprayed diarrhea that will become who you will be in your 20s you'll have a floor covered in watery poo poo that you'll clean up the best you can. You'll cringe anytime someone else mentions the gallons of butt juice that once occupied your space and every now and again someone will look close at your floor and see specks of the turds that used to fester there.

Serious talk: I've been throwing poo poo at the wall to see what sticks my whole life. I can't stick to anyone thing for more that a week it's annoying af. One week I'm into bonsai trees, so I buy a bonsai tree then it bores me because now it's a week later and I'm into lucid dreaming and am spending all my time researching that dumb poo poo and then I'm into ice hockey and god knows that hobby lasted just a few days. It's not that I'm just like this because of my age, my friends give me poo poo for this all the time it's like my identity, the guy who changes what he likes all the loving time that's me. I think over the last 3 years I've changed my career choice at least two dozen times it's ridiculous.

Sorry for dumping my confused teen emotions on you.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the best part of getting older is seeing all ur friends die around you

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Orkin Mang posted:

the best part of getting older is seeing all ur friends die around you

outliving people is cool, but maybe its better to be happy with who you are

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

krampster2 posted:

Serious talk: I've been throwing poo poo at the wall to see what sticks my whole life. I can't stick to anyone thing for more that a week it's annoying af. One week I'm into bonsai trees, so I buy a bonsai tree then it bores me because now it's a week later and I'm into lucid dreaming and am spending all my time researching that dumb poo poo and then I'm into ice hockey and god knows that hobby lasted just a few days. It's not that I'm just like this because of my age, my friends give me poo poo for this all the time it's like my identity, the guy who changes what he likes all the loving time that's me. I think over the last 3 years I've changed my career choice at least two dozen times it's ridiculous.

lol

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

maybe i should paste that in e/n

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

krampster2 posted:

your problem is that u seek the infinite good that is god but squander ur time instead on finite goods that cannever satisfy the ecstatic desires of man

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Orkin Mang posted:

your problem is that u seek the infinite good that is god but squander ur time instead on finite goods that cannever satisfy the ecstatic desires of man

masturbating frequently seems to satisfy me pretty good thanks

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

The important thing is that you have a plan

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Ghaz posted:

imo best part is how my body hurts, lol

It is extremely cool, to me, how I can make my knee hurt if I just move the wrong way or how I have to totter around on my weak ankles until 10 in the morning for some reason

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

krampster2 posted:

lol i thought you were joking about being a teen.

here is my earnest and unwanted advice: the person u really are has been inside you all along. think about what really makes you tick and draw character and strength from that. personally i think most people's hobbies are just an excuse for them to justify spending money so you can trash all the stuff that requires constant buy-ins. you dont need to research stuff and buy things. if you were a caveman or lived in the 1500s what do you think you would be drawn to? Do the modern version of that.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
It says to me Harime, you've lived a life you have

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

krampster2 posted:

Dude, none of that stuff matters at your age.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

The important thing is that you have a plan

start studying avionics engineering on monday. will probs make it till thursday then leave to become a wandering bard in brazil

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Harime Nui posted:

It says to me Harime, you've lived a life you have, and now it's over because you have weak bad hosed up leg joints haha

heheheeh

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Harime Nui posted:

It says to me Harime, you've lived a life you have

I have a memory of reading that joint degradation is irreversible and what to do about aging joints is going to be a major obstacle in life extension going forward because we have pretty much no idea, but I might have made it up

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

krampster2 posted:

you can still do this without your buddies making fun of you for it if you exercise a little discretion when it comes to talking their ears off about every new flavor of the week

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

opus111 posted:

lol i thought you were joking about being a teen.

here is my earnest and unwanted advice: the person u really are has been inside you all along. think about what really makes you tick and draw character and strength from that. personally i think most people's hobbies are just an excuse for them to justify spending money so you can trash all the stuff that requires constant buy-ins. you dont need to research stuff and buy things. if you were a caveman or lived in the 1500s what do you think you would be drawn to? Do the modern version of that.

Good way to put it I guess. I dunno, I like fixing stuff and technical nerdy work so it fits with the path I'm going down. Teaching is something I've always inherently found enjoyable but being a teacher is lame. Maybe I can be an avionics engineering teacher later on. hmmm

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
We'll be replacing joints with superior robot technology

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

krampster2 posted:

start studying avionics engineering on monday. will probs make it till thursday then leave to become a wandering bard in brazil

As I said, the important thing is that you're planning ahead. Most people don't get that far. I think you're going to be the best brazilian nomad bard ever. if you put your hear into it.

edit: Heart* My plan was to drink a bottle of wine and I think it really worked out well.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Best part of aging is poo poo like TRT is getting good and so a when I get to the age where I might consider using it it's going to rule. Can't wait to be a ripped grandpa

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

What is TRT is that a thing you kids say now

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

As I said, the important thing is that you're planning ahead. Most people don't get that far. I think you're going to be the best brazilian nomad bard ever. if you put your hear into it.

edit: Heart* My plan was to drink a bottle of wine and I think it really worked out well.

Thinking I'll get one of those mankinis and two maracas, Brazilians dig that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
they need to come up with a way that I can get hangovers like I did when I was a teenager i.e. just not get them ever no matter what or how much I drank

• Locked thread