Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

loaf digestives were different to normal digestives, somehow. finer grained or something. regardless, you got them in cracker collections, and i would never put cheese on a regular digestive.
wait.. if you guys call cookies "biscuits"..,. wtf do you call "crackers"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

a hole-y ghost posted:

flaky cromblers

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
Flimsy Wheatbites

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

i bet a birtish person says cracker and means like a loaf of bread or something lmao

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

crispin pufflers

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

eard u yanks dont even slice up your crackers... funny business

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
lettuce = mouth rag

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
had a cat named Little Biscuit. She was very loving but sickly

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

a hole-y ghost posted:

it's not really got a spelling, the closest i can get to it is the onomatopoeia of someone vomiting into a flatcap

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
Here's some Australian biscuits:

I'm not the biggest fan of these but people loving love them and they're some kind of Australian icon. Since the rest of "our" food is stolen from other countries (pavlova, meat pie) I guess we gotta be proud of something

noooooooooice

bland and boring but when I was sick as a kid this is all my Mum would give me to eat

BECAUSE Australia is so lovely and we don't have nearly as much variety as NZ despite NZ being a smaller countries with less fatties who gorge themselves on bikkies all day.. NZ Biscuits

Anyway I saved the best til last. The best loving bikkies in this country.

:australia:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

As a practical dual-national (Dad American, Mom English), I am above the petty biscuit-semantics nationalism. :smug:

Also, World Market carries a number of British cookies, like Digestives and Jammie Dodgers and such. They also carry Heinz Tomato Soup and Heinz Baked Beans, which I highly recommend to everyone as they are vastly better than the standard American versions of those products.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
i dread to think what americans have done to the simple joy of baked beans

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Razakai posted:

Added loads of sodium and sugar. Like everything else.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

high fructose bean syrup (with cheese) GODDAMN THAT'S GOOD

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Razakai posted:

Baked beans are a candy here.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

definitely feel like ive seen that exact post before op

e: I have hope superwine biscuits are made with real wine

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Would

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

i heard the british version of biscuits and gravy is just a cookie with cum on it.. not sure which id prefer

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

You know you can still get these right? I have some in my cracker bin. They are particularly good with cheese and I think might be in the cracker section, not biscuits...maybe?

Also I like this time of year because these bad boys are released into the shops

And they are p. good

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
the only correct way to eat Malted Mik is to nibble away all the edges until you free the cow in the centre. and then u eat the cow.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
If you have a World Market store near you they sell a lot of those Biscuits.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
every few months i like to spoil myself with a boberry biscuit

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

tripwood posted:

this is from québec, the kind of cookie you can only eat one before you die of diabetes but v. good

They come out around Easter and they're the best. Also someone asked if something was a hamburger with an omelette on top. Nope - it's a sausage pattie with a folded egg on top. We put them between "biscuits" and eat them for breakfast on the go because we're too busy here in America to sit down and eat ourself into a heart attack without driving while we do it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa4UKboEuE0

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

I wanted to say that 95% of the things called biscuits in this thread look like doggie treats and here it is summed up perfectly.

(screechingly) TALLY HO GUVNOR CARE FER SOME BISCUITS!!!

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 10, 2015

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
why the gently caress are they called digestives

sounds medicinal

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

dMastri posted:

why the gently caress are they called digestives

sounds medicinal

yeah I think their original marketing thing was "eat one after dinner to help with your digestion" but I could be imagining that purely because that's the kind of dumb poo poo marketing would do

imagine going through life without having shapes. what a hosed up country America is

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

literally fat + salt

and so delicious

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

luncheon meat posted:

yeah I think their original marketing thing was "eat one after dinner to help with your digestion" but I could be imagining that purely because that's the kind of dumb poo poo marketing would do

imagine going through life without having shapes. what a hosed up country America is

Yeah, that was pretty much it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digestive_biscuit

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp

uG posted:

i am the ghost of dr atkins (but with more bitches)

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Over here you can grab a pack of around 40 biscuits for about £1 odd

Each one is probably 65 calories, budget shoppers eat your heart out! Food for the whole week.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

luncheon meat posted:

we have circles and triangles and rhombuses, its not that hosed up

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
I hope mum didn't use all the lady fingers for the trifle, they are pretty good with a cuppa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
I could probably polish off half a pack of tennis biscuits from all this biscuit talk.

• Locked thread