Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
The 2014 NFL Regular Season is now over and that means hooray, new rosters for the end of the year. Keeping with ~*Goon Tradition*~, it's time to create the end of season league. This year, I want to add a twist to the league, as long as goons are on board with it.

Highlights of previous Bizarro leagues:

-Vikings paying Flacco and Graham a combined 200m in one offseason :signings:
-Aaron Rodgers juking Harrison Smith out of his mind for an 80 yard TD
-NFCW having 4 playoff teams
-Tim Tebow demanding 120m over 6 years, and then winning a super bowl after hamstringing his team financially
-FG Herm-ing Oberst
-Ragequits over the NY Jets

:siren:The TWIST:siren:

Since it's the end of the season, it may be fun to begin Bizarro league as the 2015 season. This means I'd start the league, immediately sim a season, and we start the league in 2015 Free Agency at the Resign players phase. We can be virtual Jerry Jones immediately, doing the 2015 draft, and then start the new season.

I'm leaning towards doing this league as Coaches only, because gently caress the available funds bullshit screwing people out of FA money. Only downside is no relocation but who cares.

Thoughts?

Rules Post

*YOU CANNOT BE THE SAME TEAM AS IN THE MAIN LEAGUE. YOU MUST PICK A DIFFERENT TEAM
* We will be playing on All Pro Difficulty.
* Quarters will be 6 minutes with accelerated clock.
* Everyone must be an owner. You can choose an existing owner, or create McFart FuckHell for all I care.
* Please try to limit cheese play. We can discuss it on a case by case basis, but lets not let it come to that. Let's be good sportsmen in here. Includes, but not limited to (going for it on 4th downs deep in your own field, nano blitzes, questionable lineups, ie speed WRs as TE, abusing no huddle. If you have to think that a play you're using may be cheap or laughed at in the real NFL, you should probably not run it.) Running up the score aggressively on users is frowned upon.
* Once the season begins you are stuck with your team until the next pre-season. No jumping teams mid-season.
* Pubbies can only join this league if an existing member will vouch for them and risk their place in the league. While we have had some pretty good pubbies in the league, we've had a few utter shitheads and we'd rather just keep them out.
* No position changing your Franchise QB into a punter to cheap out on contracts. This may not be a possibility but with unlimited position changes it may actually be. We wont know until it launches.

CPU Games
Get them in, get the W. I don't care if you need to restart to get the W, but please don't restart just to pad stats/avoid injuries. If you blow them out, that's fine, but let's not restart 8 times to get your QB 900 yards. that happens once we hit Season 3 or 4 anyway as people have fun to stay interested. Jake Locker, 12 TD champ

Trades
Trades are a difficult beast to manage. There was a lot of bad vibes over CPU trades last year from nearly the entire league due to 90% of the league abusing it in hilarious fashion. With the introduction of completely randomized draft classes, draft pick hoarding won't be as broken as in previous generations, so there should be less incentive to abuse trades.

For Offseason only I have enabled CPU trading for the sole reason that alot of teams don't have dick for spending money because EA felt it good to nerf cash generation. There are a couple caveats to this:

1. NO dumping old vets for 1st rounders. This doesn't happen in the NFL, and we're not bringing back my memories of that loving Herschel Walker trade.
2. NO signing guys off the FA pool after the season starts and flipping for picks. This also doesn't happen in the NFL.
3. Be reasonable - I don't want to see someone end up with 6 of the top 40 picks.
4. If you go after a pretty decent player from the CPU, it's going to cost you pretty much your entire draft for two years. Be smart if you need to make an improvement.

I absolutely will remove people who abuse this privilege; that said, with this group of guys, I don't expect there to be any problems. I enabled it to help a few teams that can't do anything with FA. Also remember, when you trade guys who have signing bonuses, it can seriously gently caress with your salary cap as you eat the full amount of any remaining bonus against your cap that year.

Team Priority
All open teams are fair game. We've had people rage quit and burn out, and all inactives are now purged. Plenty of open teams, some really good. Come play internet football with goons and draft busts every offseason with us.

If there are disputes, please work these out amongst each other. If you are not returning to a team, please post. With 32 teams, everyone should get a team that can play to their preference, and it's never guaranteed everyone will play beyond a season so some teams can and do open back up.

Schedule:
The league will advance every 2-3 days, or when all User Games are in. If all games are in before that advance period we may advance, but to start off we'll go with 3 days. Please let Dubious know after 24 hours if you can't get a hold of your opponent and we will work from there. If everyone is done before hand, we will advance early. If you are the last person we are waiting on then you have 24 hours. So if everyone is done in 12 hours except for 1 person then he has 1 day after that to finish up their week or the league will advance. If you are playing the CPU then we expect your game to be done within 48 hours unless you mention it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
NFC East
Dallas Cowboys -
PSN:
Alt contact: PM

Philadelphia Eagles -
PSN:
Alt contact:

New York Giants - davecrazy
PSN: dpcv8
Alt Contact:

Washington Football Team-
PSN:
Alt contact:

NFC South
Tampa Bay Buccaneers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Atlanta Falcons -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Carolina Panthers - Yuzenn
PSN: Mdubb34
Alt contact:

New Orleans Saints -
PSN:
Alt contact:

NFC West
San Francisco 49ers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

St Louis Rams - human being Guy
PSN: TheNardPuppy
Alt contact:

Arizona Cardinals - Dubious
PSN: dubious
Alt contact:

Seattle Seahawks - Paperback Writer
PSN:
Alt Contact:

NFC North
Green Bay Packers - The Piper
PSN: nasty-niss
Alt contact:

Minnesota Vikings -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Detroit Lions -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Chicago Bears -
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC East
New England Patriots -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Miami Dolphins -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Buffalo Bills - ForbiddenWonder
PSN:
Alt contact:

New York Jets -
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC South
Indianapolis Colts -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Jacksonville Jaguars - waah
PSN: pdubb2k
Alt contact:

Tennessee Titans -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Houston Texans -
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC West
Oakland Raiders - Havoc?
PSN:
Alt contact:

Denver Broncos -
PSN:
Alt contact:

San Diego Chargers -
PSN:
Alt contact: PM

Kansas City Chiefs -
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC North
Pittsburgh Steelers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Baltimore Ravens -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Cleveland Browns -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Cincinnati Bengals -
PSN:
Alt contact:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I want the Giants. Also we should make it so you need to create a new coach. That puts everybody on an even footing scouting points wise.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

I want the Giants. Also we should make it so you need to create a new coach. That puts everybody on an even footing scouting points wise.

To be quite honest, I really don't want to force people in to this. If everyone has to create a new coach, we aren't getting DICK for XP or confidence in Game Prep, or much of anything for scouting points, because it takes at least a season to even have enough XP to unlock one perk. EA really hosed up coach XP progression this year.

Unless there's different archetypes of coaches you can create that impact their base perks.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
I'll take the Chiefs.

psn is shoafer0

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Reporting in!

NFCW meat grinder time.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I am down for literally whatever. Just coaching would be better for this though.

(Don't make me leave buffalo)

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Dubious posted:

:siren:The TWIST:siren:

Since it's the end of the season, it may be fun to begin Bizarro league as the 2015 season. This means I'd start the league, immediately sim a season, and we start the league in 2015 Free Agency at the Resign players phase. We can be virtual Jerry Jones immediately, doing the 2015 draft, and then start the new season.

I'm leaning towards doing this league as Coaches only, because gently caress the available funds bullshit screwing people out of FA money. Only downside is no relocation but who cares.

Thoughts?

I'm so down with this idea!

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Packers reporting in.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I created the league last night and dave joined up. I did the sim up to the resign portion of FA and heres some fun facts of bizarro 2014 season!

Texans beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl.
Daves giants get the #1 pick as Eli fell off a cliff, went 2-14.
Browns have 2 top 5 picks

Dave or myself can start inviting people whenever!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
You need to make me co-commissioner first!

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

gently caress yeah fitzy!!!!

Edit: oh great I just remembered that I don't get a first this year. And from the sounds of it, the bills blew

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
E

Dubious fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jan 12, 2015

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Uh oh, I think I accidentally retired Pete Carroll. And it already made my resignings for the bills?

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Lol Cam Newton leading rusher with 478 yards on the Panthers.

This is going to be so fun!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Andre Ellington got cut by the cpu, or traded him at some point because he is certainly on the Rams amd not the Cards!

I enter FA/Draft with no running back.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Manuel had 1900 passing yards...watkins with 1072 receiving hahaha.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I have a 65 overall EJ Manuel, no RB either, but I have 55 mil in cap space and my d line is the loving tits.

Wooooo weeee this should be good.

Edit: Rams franchised tagged Hekker for 2 mil in change lmao

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
just to be clear: Do I sign up as Mike McCarthy or create a new Packers coach?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

The Piper posted:

just to be clear: Do I sign up as Mike McCarthy or create a new Packers coach?

Up to you i have arians

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Doug Marrone fuckin sucks

Fluo
May 25, 2007

I'll take the lions if thats cool

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Fluo posted:

I'll take the lions if thats cool

All yours!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Also since FG's Rams ended up with my RB, Cards looking to trade for a back!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'll give you Jennings for like a 7th.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

davecrazy posted:

I'll give you Jennings for like a 7th.
He's not the right back for the system i'm envisioning, or i'd take you up on this.

Anyone got a power back like a Lacy or Morris they would part with? It's time for that read option, brah! (God i'm going to lose so many games)

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Andre Williams. Make an offer.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I want to be a Russel Wilson-less Seattle. Will listen to offers for inferior QB's or anything... I'm curious what QB's are out there in FA.

Dubious, totally would've taken 2014 Palmer but 2015?! Can't. And jeez, looks like year 2 Logan Thomas owns.

holy poo poo my O Line. Lotta cuts to make room for Seattle's big re-signings I guess.

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 12, 2015

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

davecrazy posted:

Andre Williams. Make an offer.

How did his stats/confidence come out after the season ended? It can't be high for a 2 win team, right?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Yuzenn posted:

How did his stats/confidence come out after the season ended? It can't be high for a 2 win team, right?

For my cards being a 4 win team my team came out looking decent. Logan Thomas won OROY and banked 60k xp, gaking Arizona out of the Russell Wilson sweepstakes.

Now my running backs... Leading rusher was Jon "Sex abuser" Dwyer at 555 yards.... I looked at the transactions window amd still cant determine how Ellington became a Ram, but whatever. FA or the draft will solve that problem.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

The computer locked up Dareus for 7/70 and that seems really reasonable haha. I'm excited to get this going.

I'm interested in Wilson if the price is right.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Dubious posted:

For my cards being a 4 win team my team came out looking decent. Logan Thomas won OROY and banked 60k xp, gaking Arizona out of the Russell Wilson sweepstakes.

Now my running backs... Leading rusher was Jon "Sex abuser" Dwyer at 555 yards.... I looked at the transactions window amd still cant determine how Ellington became a Ram, but whatever. FA or the draft will solve that problem.

The CPU seems to like to put Ellington on the trade block early in pre-season, has happened in more then one sim seasons I've done.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I thought we were gonna start at re-sign week where we could actually do the contracts, seems it was already done for us + crazy cuts.

and sorry FW, don't really see anything on your offense I want. That end of season Bills D is nuts.

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jan 12, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Paperback Writer posted:

I thought we were gonna start at re-sign week where we could actually do the contracts, seems it was already done for us + crazy cuts.

i was able to resign people, did the cpu do it for you guys?

I mean worse comes to worse we have to do this all over again

Restarting it for that means there could be another round of crazy cuts in the preseason.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Dubious posted:

i was able to resign people, did the cpu do it for you guys?

I mean worse comes to worse we have to do this all over again

Restarting it for that means there could be another round of crazy cuts in the preseason.
I looked at transactions and yeah only you were able to do any re-signing. I'm not too mad about anybody I lost except a nice trade chip in Irvin, it's whatever...

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
It takes no time to make another league to restart. Up to you guys.

Depends if Dave wants to give up his #1 overall. I'd rather just run with it, as someone who lost a lot of key players to lovely trades and retirement but again up to yall.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 12, 2015

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

i dont care, do whats best.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

i dont care, do whats best.

I'm gonna restart it then. I'll make the new league and post info in a few. Takes just a few minutes. Here's to hoping none of your teams make dumb moves. To prevent resignings, I'll let it sit at the Super Bowl til we're ready.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

do sim playoffs, not sim superbowl. then advance week by week after that. also turn coach firing OFF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I was going to say, it spent all accrued player xp automatically too.

• Locked thread