Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

Panhandlers can make $30,000 a year and don't pay taxes or rent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

naem posted:

Panhandlers can make $30,000 a year and don't pay taxes or rent

that's why you should treat them like poo poo.

naem
May 29, 2011

Find a good highway on ramp with a stoplight to beg at during rush hour and get handed $30 bucks, have cute puppy and a sad sign outside a park entrance and get handed another $30 bucks, some guy gives you a $20 bill once in a while out of the blue, bam $80 bucks a day for 2 hours of begging. $30k a year.

Buy $10 bucks worth of food and the rest on your chemical of choice and poop in the bushes yelling about SNAKES!! SNAKES!!! IM A PICKLE!! JEHOESEPHAT!!!!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

best homeless guy I ever saw in SF was yelling "kill the irish" during the St. Paddy's day parade while some overweight cops chased after him.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

just relocated to san diego county. encinitas, specifically. seems alright. i dunno why people are always arguing about burritos and poo poo. so many diff. burritos. they are like snowflakes... no two are the same but most are delicious.

to the guy who mentioned troy's in orange... i've never been there, but i distinctly remember seeing an ad on craigslist a couple years back advertising free furniture in the alleyway behind it. seemed pretty legit.

liquid courage fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jan 18, 2015

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

liquid courage posted:

just relocated to san diego county. encinitas, specifically. seems alright. i dunno why people are always arguing about burritos and poo poo. so many diff. burritos. they are like snowflakes... no two are the same but most are delicious.

to the guy who mentioned troy's in orange... i've never been there, but i distinctly remember seeing an ad on craigslist a couple years back advertising free furniture in the alleyway behind it. seemed pretty legit.

it's all that san diegans have

burritos and beaches

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

My roommate from san diego goes out of his way to eat burritos that he knows won't stand up to his impossibly high standards, and then he shits on them

I feel like this is par for the course in san diego

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
I've eaten at 10+ San Diegan mexican restauraunts and burrito stands and, while generally less expensive, it's a huge stretch to say they're phenomenally better than the places I've been to in LA/SLO County/Santa Cruz County areas. Why would being closer to the border make a huge difference in quality? There's way more chicanos in Los Angeles both per captia and by number.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
San Diegan checking in and i can confirm the burritos are better than anywhere else

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

i was talking about california in general. people from all over will argue about who has the best burritos.

sean price
Sep 30, 2011

by Lowtax

Redkist posted:

I've eaten at 10+ San Diegan mexican restauraunts and burrito stands and, while generally less expensive, it's a huge stretch to say they're phenomenally better than the places I've been to in LA/SLO County/Santa Cruz County areas. Why would being closer to the border make a huge difference in quality? There's way more chicanos in Los Angeles both per captia and by number.

while over-analyzing, this is true... BUT

burritos aren't even close to the best Cali food

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
how's it going

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

No-one in any burrito argument has ever, ever actually given any kind of criteria by which they decide what is good or what is better. It's always just an unqualified "it's better" which is loving useless.

bensnotacat posted:

it's all that san diegans have

burritos and beaches

They also have whale-torture facilities.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

trigonsareNOThomo posted:

while over-analyzing, this is true... BUT

burritos aren't even close to the best Cali food

the real winner is something else:

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

those dudes that sell elote from carts and ring bells all day long in my neighborhood. that is true socal food.

for reference: californian doobie

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I live in the bay area and we get at least one of those guys down my block every day that it isn't raining. Which is almost every day.

It's not restricted to socal.

naem
May 29, 2011

I feel bad for the one making bacon hotdogs at 2:00 am outside the club although I gave him $20 for hot dogs

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

those dudes that sell elote from carts and ring bells all day long in my neighborhood. that is true socal food.

the UC Irvine area would be so much more interesting if we had one of those, or even a taco truck or three

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

the UC Irvine area would be so much more interesting if we had one of those, or even a taco truck or three

The Irvine Corp wouldn't allow it. They don't really allow anything, though.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Nwabudike Morgan posted:

San Diegan checking in and i can confirm the burritos are better than anywhere else

You shut your whore mouth.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Cucking Mama posted:

how's it going

things are good although an anime poster has spent 30 bucks on avatars b/c i got it banned lol

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Tri-tip best tip :yum:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dely Apple posted:

Tri-tip best tip :yum:

It's a better cut than brisket too.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Someone blew up the San Andreas Fault and woke me up with a quake THANKS OBAMA

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

PALETERO MAN! :peanut:

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Is there a fire going on? 'Cause I smell ashes and when I took a look outside I saw a huge smoke cloud in the horizon :stare:

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Benny the Snake posted:

Is there a fire going on? 'Cause I smell ashes and when I took a look outside I saw a huge smoke cloud in the horizon :stare:

always

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
http://www.iscaliforniaonfire.com/

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Oh Lord, I laughed so hard

braveplan
May 1, 2013

Finally some snow in the Sierras.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

gerrps posted:

Finally some snow in the Sierras.

For the next two days it'll be great ski weather! In time for China Peak/Mammoth to get to work, and then the weather's sunny and back to the 50s and it melts and oh well :boehner:

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
im eating freekeh :mrgw:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I live in Pasadena. It's beautiful although I never go out because I have twin two year olds. Gonna move to Washington next year so I can actually afford property:

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

What is there to do near UCI anyway? My impression is that the surrounding area is a wasteland of nicely landscaped chain stores

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Benny the Snake posted:

Oh Lord, I laughed so hard

I always found the concept funny, let's put sacred bible verses on something that's bound for the landfill.

• Locked thread