Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Why the gently caress should Texas be the only state to have a frinedtalk thread? We're twice as awesome as that red-state hellhole! This thread is dedicated for my fellow Californians and talking about how awesome it is to live in the best drat state in the nation.

...So how about that drought, huh?

EDIT:Will add CA goons later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Well, I guess we really do have a blind gibbering idiot god, then.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Rando posted:

Well, I guess we really do have a blind gibbering idiot god, then.
Part-time

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
benny the snack and mr tastee get gay married on the golden gate bridge and its perfectly legal

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

sexy young infidel posted:

benny the snack and mr tastee get gay married on the golden gate bridge and its perfectly legal
Who's he? :confused:

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

sexy young infidel posted:

Yup, we're pretty awesome out here

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
So am I supposed to summon mr tastee then?

MR TASTEE-MR TASTEE-MR TASTEE

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Sadly, although I am a very liberal person, I find myself living in one of the reddest parts of the state. (And by red, I mean not only conservative, but reactionary, ignorant, braindead morons. Zombies would starve to death in this part of the state.)

But I do like the fact that, if I wanted to, I could go skiing and surfing in the same day.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
What if I was born in El Paso Texas and moved to Los Angeles when I was 5 years old? Which friend talk should I be associated with?

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

genesplicer posted:

Sadly, although I am a very liberal person, I find myself living in one of the reddest parts of the state. (And by red, I mean not only conservative, but reactionary, ignorant, braindead morons. Zombies would starve to death in this part of the state.)

But I do like the fact that, if I wanted to, I could go skiing and surfing in the same day.
No other state could claim something like that, methinks

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

genesplicer posted:

So San Joaquin valley?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Personally I'm glad California is taking a stand and trying to send people to jail for recording music.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Tony Homo posted:

What if I was born in El Paso Texas and moved to Los Angeles when I was 5 years old? Which friend talk should I be associated with?
:siren:TEXAS SPY SPOTTED:siren:

Haha, seriously though, probably here if you're more used to CA than TX

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

mmj posted:

So San Joaquin valley?

Close. I live in the desert pass just east of the Inland Empire, just west of Palm Springs.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Any IE goons?

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

Tony Homo posted:

I was originally supposed to be born in Lubbuck, Texas. However, I'm old enough that doctors still thought that a pregnant woman should not travel, and I was born in Phoenix, instead. Still a place that puts the South in Southwest, but better than Lubbock.

I didn't move to California until I was 17. Dad was in the Air Force, so I lived in a lot of different places until we finally settled here.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

Right here! Far east IE, in the San Gorgonio pass.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

genesplicer posted:

Right here! Far east IE, in the San Gorgonio pass.
Neat! :wave: I hail from Chino--no, not the prison

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I visited Anaheim once. I am qualified to speak as a Californian.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Gatts posted:

Not if it was only Disneyland, you don't :colbert:

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
northern california isnt actually california imo

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Gatts posted:

Home of the Southern Cali white trash.

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

2014; The year I whored myself out for title changes.

Yo, I don't care what y'all do,how y'all do or where y'all do it, just keep it gangsta and never pay for an av change, have someone else do it- Ya boy Pixie
California Goon here. Coachella Valley checking in!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

:bahgawd:

Thank you Trash Mammal. Welcome to dog world b*tch*s

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY journeyman SIGSMITH Luvcow

https://i.imgur.com/EebjYYe.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

Official height endorsed by a medical professional: 5'11.5"

ellic
Apr 28, 2009

I never asked for this

Grimey Drawer
Friendly Texas poster here saying Howdy and good luck with y'alls thread. :)

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

northern california isnt actually california imo

Everything north of Marin does kind of seem like it belongs in Oregon, it's true.

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

The Cubelodyte posted:

Everything north of Marin does kind of seem like it belongs in Oregon, it's true.

we provide the water necessary for your luxuriant lifestyles

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
I was surprised how many megachurches there were when I visited California last week.

Also tried to go Angeles National Forest or whatever. But there was no forest only hills wtf!!!

What is Northern California like? I've only been towards the south. I wanted to go see the Redwood forest stuff but apparently it was a 10 hour drive so gently caress that

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.

killaer posted:

I was surprised how many megachurches there were when I visited California last week.

Also tried to go Angeles National Forest or whatever. But there was no forest only hills wtf!!!

What is Northern California like? I've only been towards the south. I wanted to go see the Redwood forest stuff but apparently it was a 10 hour drive so gently caress that

Not as many people, still quite arid. But redwood country really is an incredible place to be.

Born and raised in northern California. I'm in Texas for the time being, though.

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

2014; The year I whored myself out for title changes.

Yo, I don't care what y'all do,how y'all do or where y'all do it, just keep it gangsta and never pay for an av change, have someone else do it- Ya boy Pixie
if god loves us so much then how come we in a drought?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

PixieDreamGirl posted:

if god loves us so much then how come we in a drought?

it rained last week for about six minutes at 2 in the morning

all of fruit now is all goofy looking because of the drought. go to the market and look at all the tiny, freak fruit.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

hrrmm

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

southern california isnt actually california imo

ftfy.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

california is about sprawling concrete hell cities, traffic, smog and mexicans

gently caress ur wines

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

all those cool songs about California where they say "hellla" a lot and whine about water

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
"im hella pissed that they wont give us water to grow alfalfa sprouts"

-northern california guy

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.
I think any reasonable individual hates Southern California.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Bizarro Watt posted:

I think any reasonable individual hates Southern California.

i wouldnt describe myself as reasonable or individual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

There's been a couple California threads but they all tend to die since we don't live in terrible states and there's lots to do besides sit around on the internet.

• Locked thread