Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008

naem posted:

There's a wide spot in the sidewalk through a park nearby that turns into a spontanious roller rink with costumes and boom boxes and 70's disco music.

Sometimes it's a family event with kids and very wholesome. SOMETIMES it's this grizzled, frightening mixed group of semi homeless feral people who all take turns dancing with this tall grey and white haired lady who looks like a Disney witch, and I'm pretty sure there is some kind of after party hobo-orgy that takes place in the bushes. You can see it in their eyes

I think it's been going on for like decades

I hear they call that a "soup kitchen"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Benny the Snake posted:

Where are there good Thai food places in So-Cal?

There is a hole in the wall that has been around forever called Anajack on Ventura and like Cendros in Sherman Oaks that is the best drat Thai I have ever eaten. Can't miss if you're in the valley.

Last time I was there they had downsized their menu from like 6 pages to 2 so I'm worried that they might be having money issues. :(

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
So anybody here thinks that they're gonna drain the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta allready?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
No

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
It's been a year since the Colby Fire. Being a native Californian, I've learned real quick that if it's not earthquakes or droughts, it's wildfires.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Benny the Snake posted:

So anybody here thinks that they're gonna drain the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta allready?

Supreme Court says no.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
dont those dicks out in nevada have some water we can take?

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
the ocean has lots of water. lets drink the water from the ocean

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

the ocean has lots of water. lets drink the water from the ocean

bad news - its full of people from omaha with farmer tans shouting at their wives about going to madame tussaud's tomorrow

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
edith im gettin' my pitchur taken with batman on hollywood boulevard and that's final

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
nebraskans are the worst

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Nooner posted:

dont those dicks out in nevada have some water we can take?

what the gently caress is a nevada? ohhhh, vegas.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Benny the Snake posted:

It's been a year since the Colby Fire. Being a native Californian, I've learned real quick that if it's not earthquakes or droughts, it's wildfires.

it's not the earthquake that gets you, it's the flooding, landslide or out of control wildfire.

I like the story on how clever californians imported the Eucalyptus trees from Australia and apparently they burn real good in a wildfire.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
is this the on-line community for residents of the greater colusa area

naem
May 29, 2011

etalian posted:

I like the story on how clever californians imported the Eucalyptus trees from Australia and apparently they burn real good in a wildfire.

Eucalyptus trees are also great for:

-smelling like cough drops, all the time
-acorns designed specifically to be underfoot
-big wet strips of bark that fall off and glue permanently to your car year round 24/7 until your car looks like it was poorly constructed of paper mâché

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

etalian posted:

don't eucalyptuses kind of explode during fires on account of being really oily or something

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

don't eucalyptuses kind of explode during fires on account of being really oily or something

Yeah the oil is highly flammable and also the dried fallen leaves can't be easily digested by fungus/bacteria.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SYJgCJQkak

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im very much in favor of rich people filling their property with fuel air bomb trees

skull wall
Jul 29, 2012

gonna see Rustie in LA tonight, hopefully as good as I'm picturing :pray:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Down the hill from the Hollywood Sign and then turn left at the big intersection. Pretty sure it is Sunset. That's the Thai Town area.

Don't turn left on highland.

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

naem posted:

Eucalyptus trees are also great for:

-smelling like cough drops, all the time
-acorns designed specifically to be underfoot
-big wet strips of bark that fall off and glue permanently to your car year round 24/7 until your car looks like it was poorly constructed of paper mâché

- huge seemingly healthy trees suddenly dropping a 600lb branch on your car

happened to my neighbor while they were sleeping, it smashed the roof of their car down to the dashboard :lol:

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

Benny the Snake posted:

they'll find a way

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

"look at all this water sitting here, not making me money!"

*diverts another river, causing a horrible chain of ecological poo poo 20 years down the line*

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Han Nehi posted:

- huge seemingly healthy trees suddenly dropping a 600lb branch on your car

happened to my neighbor while they were sleeping, it smashed the roof of their car down to the dashboard :lol:

~*act of god*~

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
gently caress it's warm. It couldn't of been this warm this long during the winter here in So-Cal, right?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Benny the Snake posted:

gently caress it's warm. It couldn't of been this warm this long during the winter here in So-Cal, right?

what winter was like 3 weeks long in cali this year.

naem
May 29, 2011

The warm weather means we haven't frozen out this years crop of homeless and they are just reveling in it

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

naem posted:

The warm weather means we haven't frozen out this years crop of homeless and they are just reveling in it

this is a good thing. they will mature earlier and thus our soylent reserves will be unharmed

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I get sad when I see homeless people

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Benny the Snake posted:

winter, what's that?

naem
May 29, 2011

BONGHITZ posted:

My compassion circuits are marred by the constant poop barfing

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BONGHITZ posted:

Good thing twitter got tax credits to teach homeless people programming

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

etalian posted:

Good thing twitter got tax credits to teach homeless people programming

lets teach them to write clickbait articles and pay them a shiny nickel for each unique view

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Top Ten CIA Transmissions Beamed Into My Teeth This Week

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i wish we just used the homeless as suicide troops.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

lets teach them to write clickbait articles and pay them a shiny nickel for each unique view

hello gently caress balls shut goddamn poo poo world

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

BONGHITZ posted:

i wonder what what midwest city bussed them over

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i get mad when i see "homeless" in nice clean clothes holding up signs for money. I aint giving you poo poo unless you look like poo poo smell like piss and tell me about the alien abductions during vietnam.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

There's a homeless guy who always stands at the entrance to the 805 near my house who's dressed fairly nice and always points and smiles while (I'm guessing) saying nice things about my bike but I can't understand a word out of his mouth. I usually give him a buck since he's a cheerful fellow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Bugdrvr posted:

There's a homeless guy who always stands at the entrance to the 805 near my house who's dressed fairly nice and always points and smiles while (I'm guessing) saying nice things about my bike but I can't understand a word out of his mouth. I usually give him a buck since he's a cheerful fellow.

save time and start handing him tall cans of the cheapest alcohol you can find.

• Locked thread