Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Hobohemian posted:

I too think burritos with rice and beans in them like the cheap ones from the Mexican supermarket are better than straight up meat rolled into a tortilla.

a place near me gives me 2-3 lbs of slow cooked pork whenever i order a muchaca burrito. all meat and maybe 1 egg and some jalapeno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i went to san fran once, why have all of you not killed your homeless off yet?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Iron Prince posted:

i've lived in san diego for a while. i don't mind it, it's alright. i have a good time. that's my thoughts on CA, thanks.

i live in san diego things where better before east county got hooked up to every free way.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
aslo eggs just got loving more expensive.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

etalian posted:

California, where people go thinking they will work for warner brothers but instead work for non union disney.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

withak posted:

A factory that used to be able to hold (say) 5000 chickens can now only hold maybe 3000 chickens legally. The cost of operating the factory itself stays about the same but it outputs a lot fewer eggs now so the price has to go up.

just wait this will make wic and other things go up in tax payer costs to cover eggs.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

withak posted:

This whole thing sounds like people whining about the price of cotton rising after 1865.

no it means that people not on government aid have to pay more for eggs out of pocket, then pay more to give "free" eggs to people on aid. We are pretty much getting hit with 2 hidden taxes.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Raskolnikov38 posted:

how tight is your budget or how many fuckin eggs are you buying that the price of eggs is something to fret over? or do you own a chicken farm?

i'm super idiotically cheap and I used to buy a bunch of eggs instead of ever buying meat, kinda mad that i can't save money just buying eggs now. also i eat a gently caress ton of eggs a gently caress ton. This is also going to hit really poor people not on aid hard.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

withak posted:

Conclusion: the price of stuff should never be forced to go up, by the government interfering with the market.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Raskolnikov38 posted:

a ballot initiative that passed six years ago, chicken farmers have had ample time to prepare for this. so either they're all idiots that had to cull their flocks down on jan 1st or they're just using the thing going into effect as an excuse to raise prices.

demand=same, amount of product=less, prices go up is pretty normal.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

What's really cool is that Prop 8 was passed in the same election, so California declared to the world they cared more about sad chickens than gay people.

we would of been cool with gay marriage if it also included a large tax initative that raised taxes any where on anything too.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i've never really paid attention to egg prices, have they been going up over the past six years or is the price increase people are complaining about something that's something that's been happening in the past few months.

they went up with normal market forces before hand, now price forced up by a new law

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so did the chicken farmers squander their six years and have to cull chickens a week ago, has egg demand skyrocketed in the past fortnight, or have they been able to meet demand while for some reason jumping their prices in the past week?

yes they, did what was cheapest and kept all their chicken as long as they could, and then they passed the cost of having to cull their flocks onto consumers. ALso we just had another 50 cent min wage increase that is making stuff start to go up too, by 50 cents.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Han Nehi posted:

oh god no they're giving the poors money

reagan why have you forsaken us

my point was it's not a raise if the price of goods increases to match the new wage exactly.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so would you have a problem with the chicken law if chicken farmers and their corporate employers had spent the last six years gradually adjusting to this law, ideally causing the price increases to be as little as possible?

also digging into this is far more interesting than i thought eggs could be. apparently we also get a decent amount of eggs from missouri and nebraska which have also been throwing a poo poo fit over the law as their eggs have to meet the new standards to be sold in california. so either california is going to cause egg prices to rise nationwide (owned other states) or cause further development in our domestic egg producing capacity to meet demand which means more money for cali chicken farmers.

additionally while this negatively impacts poor californians i feel that this is more than offset by the cratering of gas prices despite our high gas tax.

don't forget we have a new old hidden gas tax now that will just increase over time. Charging gasoline makers a fine until they make gas that produces half the carbon.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i live 30 miles from the hospital i was born in.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Redkist posted:

Yeah I know I got all aggro but man I love this state and it bums me out when people on the internet seem to only know LA. That being said I love the good parts of LA and their sports teams.

1.9 miles for me. It's a good hospital tho.

ehh i haven't been to a hospital in 25 years after some doctors hosed up and made me almost lose a foot when i was 5.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

got surgery on my bones got a bad infection and had all the layers of skin kinda open up like the pages of a book after the cast came off, and then they kept me awake with no pain meds, put a puss bucket under my foot, and let me watch them pull the rods out. My mom said they asked if they could amputate and she said no.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

:chanpop:

Holy moly is your foot okay nowadays?

yeah it's fine except for 2 six inch scars that are finally starting to fade. I probably should of gotten my other foot fixed too because it can't support my body weight unless i walk pigeon footed on it but ehhh. can't really do much about getting born with bad foot bones.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Oneiros posted:

I stopped in Schein & Schein (cool shop) once before making my way up to Coit Tower and dug out a mid 1800s map of California. I immediately noticed the depiction of an enormous lake in the central valley where I was pretty certain there was no lake. How the hell did we lose the the 10th largest lake in the country? :psyduck:

mexicans?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Benny the Snake posted:

gently caress it's warm. It couldn't of been this warm this long during the winter here in So-Cal, right?

what winter was like 3 weeks long in cali this year.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i wish we just used the homeless as suicide troops.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i get mad when i see "homeless" in nice clean clothes holding up signs for money. I aint giving you poo poo unless you look like poo poo smell like piss and tell me about the alien abductions during vietnam.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Bugdrvr posted:

There's a homeless guy who always stands at the entrance to the 805 near my house who's dressed fairly nice and always points and smiles while (I'm guessing) saying nice things about my bike but I can't understand a word out of his mouth. I usually give him a buck since he's a cheerful fellow.

save time and start handing him tall cans of the cheapest alcohol you can find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

naem posted:

Panhandlers can make $30,000 a year and don't pay taxes or rent

that's why you should treat them like poo poo.

• Locked thread