Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
Where them San Luis Obispo county goons at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

Moridin920 posted:

I've been to 14 other states and CA kicks the poo poo out of all of them.

Everyone on the east coast seems perpetually pissed off and if you live in a flyover state you already know your state sucks.

Also, been to 37 states, Germany, UK, Mexico, Canada and Costa Rica.

California (specifically the central coast) wins.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

pile of brown posted:

I live in slo it's pretty cool except housing costs 3x as much if you don't want to live in a place where you need to be fluent in spanish to go to the grocery store

What are you even talking about we're like the whitest county in the state.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

are there any other la kings fans itt who want to cry it out re: last nights game

Yep.

Going to the Clippers/Grizzlies and Kings/Sharks games same day on April 11th. Very excited.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

he was also a serious weirdo and would invite large numbers of celebrities to his place but then just stand on the balcony and stare at them interacting instead of going and talking to them lol

Not gonna like I take weird satisfaction from inviting different people to my house/parties and watching them intermingle when they otherwise wouldn't.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

etalian posted:

For some reason the state capital is Sacramento.

Only like Denver, Phoenix, Boston and Atlanta are the biggest cities in their respective states that are also their capitals. In most cases it's some tiny town.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

Waltzing Along posted:

Or in Texas case, it's the only place with an average IQ over 100.

I dunno, man.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/06/11/whats-your-states-average-iq-new-map-purports-to-have-the-answer/

Not that I've ever given a poo poo about "intelligence quotients" and I think people who brag about theirs are about as fun to be around as people who talk about their superior muscles or cars.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

etalian posted:

Someone post a city tier

they'll just post all the gangland/pollution/traffic festival cities while forgetting the beautiful parts even exist

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

Dely Apple posted:

norteno & sureno gang warfare tier
LA & SF

unofficially oregon tier:
Everything above Pleasanton

Sad Tier
Entirety of SJ Valley

I'm Sorry Tier
Stockton

I can't see poo poo I'm gonna die of pollution tier
Bakersfield/Fresno (tied)

Told you this was gonna happen and someone still posted it. Big Sur/Santa Cruz/San Luis Obispo/Santa Barbara/Morro Bay/Santa Ynez/Yosemite/Lake Tahoe/Big Bear, guy, make mention of the beautiful parts that make this the greatest state in the nation. Man it would suck to be a Cali transplant (or hell, even someone born and raised here) and only really know the lovely metro areas and have a vague concept of the rest.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
You really trolled me man trolled me good.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
Yeah I know I got all aggro but man I love this state and it bums me out when people on the internet seem to only know LA. That being said I love the good parts of LA and their sports teams.

TOILETLORD posted:

i live 30 miles from the hospital i was born in.

1.9 miles for me. It's a good hospital tho.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

TOILETLORD posted:

ehh i haven't been to a hospital in 25 years after some doctors hosed up and made me almost lose a foot when i was 5.

story?

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
Sorry about that man. I have big scars on my chest from several surgeries as well. I've finally grown to like them a lot though :)

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
Be rich.
Live in Orange County.

Always seemed kinda dumb to me.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

A Winner is Jew posted:

I was born in Orange and have lived in either Anaheim Hills, Villa Park, Orange, Orange Park Acres, Irvine and Anaheim my entire life. At least 1/2 of my family has been here since before it was a state and that half has a fairly major street named after them.

I've also eaten here, which is as far as any of you poors will ever get.*

California loving rules, but being from a loaded family in California is the best thing.

*They changed the entrance to around the corner recently so now it's just a room with the old elevator that goes nowhere, but they have a tour that will take you inside.

It must be really fancy if the dress code is Adidas track jacket.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

A Winner is Jew posted:

What the gently caress is this Russia?

It's casual as poo poo as far as fancy dining goes but unless you're wearing a collared shirt and dress jeans under that your rear end it out the door.

There's a guy with a track jacket inside the restaurant in the picture you posted.

So what do you do with your life now, old money inheritance guy?

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
Nice man hope you got that prenup.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
Cheers. I haven't really explored Orange County that much so it's kind of unfair for me to hate, I just haven't enjoyed my experiences in Mission Viejo/Santa Ana/Costa Mesa/Stanton/Tustin all that much.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

Symetrique posted:

Mission Viejo is terrible. Ended up moving back home after graduating college, can't wait to get out again.

My friend is stuck there right now while trying to find a job here in San Luis Obispo. Hope he gets out sooner than later.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
Did anyone even die in that flood tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
I've eaten at 10+ San Diegan mexican restauraunts and burrito stands and, while generally less expensive, it's a huge stretch to say they're phenomenally better than the places I've been to in LA/SLO County/Santa Cruz County areas. Why would being closer to the border make a huge difference in quality? There's way more chicanos in Los Angeles both per captia and by number.

• Locked thread