Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

TOILETLORD posted:

so how does alaska work, the few alaskans i talked to just built shacks in the middle of no where and just shoot animals and make liquer all day. Do real jobs exist, does no one give a single gently caress 90% of the time?

Alaska is pretty weird what with the government giving out money annually, a large segment of the population getting quality healthcare for free and being able to lease a couple of acres of land for 99 years and only paying a penny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

TOILETLORD posted:

how hard would it be to move there and be a burden of the state?

Some people just have a PO box and collect the checks, but to do it legally you'd have to change your state residency and actually live up there most of the year. The free health care at the native hospitals you can get for having native blood, being a active or former member of the military, or being accepted into a tribe. In order to lease those acres you need one share of a native corporation then you have to build a structure on that property within a year and maintain it for a year and a tent counts. So it's up to you how much effort you want to put into this.

Wamdoodle posted:

This right here. I had to got to work in Alaska for a part of the summer. Beautiful weather and plenty of untouched countryside. Also, lots of drunk Natives :(

"Did you see a bunch of drunk indians in the city boy?" "Yes dad, and I respected their wisdom." "Good kid." Yeah it's pretty endemic. :(

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Doctor Shapes posted:

are you a rapist and/or alcoholic?

spud posted:

No to the first one, quite possibly to the latter.

Fun fact: the first person to win the Alaskan lottery, whose proceeds go to battered women's shelters, was an alcoholic rapist!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

TEAYCHES posted:

pardon the pun but wasnt that result pretty good odds anyway

I'm pretty sure we're still number one in both categories!

• Locked thread