Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
idgi how does this thread differer from any other other thread in gbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

its honest

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i feel like i could listen to girl from ipanema 24/7 but i also feel like id regret it

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Rando posted:

furthermore on the subject of whiskey while I'm in the mood to be mean spirited and surly for no meaningful reason, hark and behold and pour yourself a strong (non-irish) drink: the Irish did not invent whiskey regardless of what they slur into the side of your face while clinging to a flanking bar stool five minutes after the tavern's last call.

Sorry to poo poo on popular southie bar myth but the Italians first made a whiskey-like distilled hard liquor in the 13th century using fruit sugars and by using distillation techniques learned from the arabs.

Next a good chunk of Europe proper started making distilled high alcohol medicines.

The art of distillation didn't reach Ireland for another 200 years where the local barbarian dirt pesants had to stoop to using the less tasty but more readily available local grains aka the wild seeding grasses they bothered to bring home in ragged handfuls from off the side of the road.

Then the Scotts managed to learn and perfect the art in less than a century and scotch became the preferred whiskey of Europe while the Irish drank their bottles of failure and began a long tradition of brooding self hatred and national shame.

To make it worse immigrants to the new world settled in Kentucky and created bourbon, the height and perfection in man's capability to recreate the personal nightcap and breakfast beverage of God himself, who I'm pretty sure is still pissed at the Irish's utter failure to accomplish anything of worth. He has been punishing the Irish ever since.

LITTLERALLY TL DR

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
ive had 2x pitchers of beer
1x mickey

now I'm, opening 2nd micky

tomorroow i meat with landlord

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

i am not drunk so i will drive everyone home when the thread is over

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Baloogan posted:

LITTLERALLY TL DR

What's funny is you used the word literally in a post about not reading.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Drinking wine Saturday night. Waiting for pizza to arrive. Need recommendations for movies to put on.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
today is like the tuesday of my work week.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Octy posted:

Drinking wine Saturday night. Waiting for pizza to arrive. Need recommendations for movies to put on.

All The President's Men

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
The cops were chill tonight?

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

TEAYCHES posted:

All The President's Men

Sourcing it now.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Got some numbers...from Jameson. God bless the Irish

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Watching some snl of the 90s Spotlight show and drinking Seagrams. Is it good? I don't know, liquor is poison and tastes terrible but makes me feel warm inside.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
God hates me. I'd I got these numbers a year ago, I would be balls deep next weekend

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Pakistani Brad Pitt fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 10, 2015

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gaunab posted:

God hates me. I'd I got these numbers a year ago, I would be balls deep next weekend

God hates you because you invoked the Irish and god hates the Irish.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

this is what a cat does:

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

The Irish really ought to be as relevant than the East Timorese if you think about it hard

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

TEAYCHES posted:

this is what a cat does:

This thread is now about this

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

hey sexy pussy

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

MrChupon posted:

The Irish really ought to be as relevant than the East Timorese if you think about it hard

elaborate cause I don't want to think hard

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
i MOTHERfucking love Assassin's Creed!

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Assassin's Creed: The Powerful Story of one Insane Man on a Quest to Capture 900,000 meaningless flags

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I have one beer mug full left of 3 40's :(

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Irish pride horseshit is really just one big long "I know you are but what am I?"

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I'm glad I'm not Irish, that's just a whole lot of responsibility I'd hate to deal with

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

TEAYCHES posted:

evan williams owns. that price for that flavor and quality

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Games like Skyrim and Assassin's Creed make me want to actually go outside and climb things :manning:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

im 100% scandinavian my boss said something like "shouldnt you have more than a hoodie in subzero temperatures" and im like "eat poo poo pussy" but irl i actually just said "maybe you're just a pussy" and he said "point taken" im an alpha male at work now

other possible responses:

"we get paid poo poo so of course i cant afford a decent coat"

"im nordic so i get +5 resistance against cold damage"

"go to hell boss, were forming a union"

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

Nuts and Gum posted:

Watching some snl of the 90s Spotlight show and drinking Seagrams. Is it good? I don't know, liquor is poison and tastes terrible but makes me feel warm inside.

Seagram whiskey? Yes, it is good.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

TEAYCHES posted:

im 100% scandinavian my boss said something like "shouldnt you have more than a hoodie in subzero temperatures" and im like "eat poo poo pussy" but irl i actually just said "maybe you're just a pussy" and he said "point taken" im an alpha male at work now

other possible responses:

"we get paid poo poo so of course i cant afford a decent coat"

"im nordic so i get +5 resistance against cold damage"

"go to hell boss, were forming a union"

You're the first pasty white guy I've ever heard of who wasn't a total puss about cold

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

what makes assassins creed a challenging game is not the enemies but all the glitches you have to avoid

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

krampster2 posted:

i am not drunk so i will drive everyone home when the thread is over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TsqAuaI6Wo

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

krampster2 posted:

what makes assassins creed a challenging game is not the enemies but all the glitches you have to avoid

That's just the Animus acting up!

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Harime Nui posted:

You're the first pasty white guy I've ever heard of who wasn't a total puss about cold

the boss/owner in the story is my boss who is black :cool:

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
What I used to say was, "lol I'm Scandinavian AND Mexican diamond skin motherfucker" then I stopped saying that b/c it was retarded

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

krampster2 posted:

does anyone do hardcore runs of assassins creed where if you fall off a bell tower to your death and get shot by 5 muskets, you have to start over? like iron man assassins creed

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

So wait, is there still a rule against drunk posting here or what? I'm confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I got three games to get through before I get to muskets, son!

• Locked thread