Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
I am going to a photo gear swap meet tomorrow near Orlando and hope to come back one V750, Hasselblad, and Sigma 12-24 lighter. I'm also gonna try to trade down tripods since I don't shoot 4x5 anymore.

The K-Rock/Fred Miranda crowd seems to have crawled out of the loving woodwork on the Sigma (have it listed on eBay), I keep getting questions asking about corner sharpness. IT'S A loving 12MM RECTILINEAR ZOOM LENS THAT COVERS FULL FRAME, WHAT DO YOU loving THINK YOU NERDS? It's normal and within acceptable parameters for such an extreme optical design.

I certainly don't miss non-SA photo forums, that's for drat sure.

Pompous Rhombus fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jan 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
One day of working all weekend down.

Yawn

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I am going to a photo gear swap meet tomorrow near Orlando and hope to come back one V750, Hasselblad, and Sigma 12-24 lighter. I'm also gonna try to trade down tripods since I don't shoot 4x5 anymore.

The K-Rock/Fred Miranda crowd seems to have crawled out of the loving woodwork on the Sigma (have it listed on eBay), I keep getting questions asking about corner sharpness. IT'S A loving 12MM RECTILINEAR ZOOM LENS THAT COVERS FULL FRAME, WHAT DO YOU loving THINK YOU NERDS? It's normal and within acceptable parameters for such an extreme optical design.

I certainly don't miss non-SA photo forums, that's for drat sure.

just make a sharpie sign with your all caps.txt above and you should be covered

I just found out that Robert Plant briefly had a rockabilly band featuring Brian Setzer

so errybody hail Satan a whole bunch of times for me tonight.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Three day weekend for me! Made out of two Saturdays plus tomorrow (just yer boring-as-usual Sunday); the first Saturday was made through the arcane ritual that converts a Friday into a Saturday - take the drat day off because Thursday generated a better-than-required excuse: successful PhD defence. Spending my weekend frustrated at my inexplicably slow internet connection.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

i ate a whole ton of chicken at Zender's in Frankenmuth, Michigan. Tasty as hell.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Watching more cricket, working on a job application, beers soon.

Made some Porter yesterday, smells like black coffee, gonna oak it in a few days too.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
I still have about a thousand pictures to sort through from my trip 3 months ago

Gonna construct a pentagram of sdcards, with a lens in each corners, and hail satan.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
I ran a milk-circuit cleaning programme on my coffee machine.

Then a coffee-oil cleaning cycle.

Then a brew-group clean and lube.

Then a decalcification run.

Then another brew-group clean (again)

By the time it was finished, it was too late to drink coffee.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Wild EEPROM posted:

I still have about a thousand pictures to sort through from my trip 3 months ago

Gonna construct a pentagram of sdcards, with a lens in each corners, and hail satan.

A case of spray and pray or a long rear end trip?

spog posted:

I ran a milk-circuit cleaning programme on my coffee machine.

Then a coffee-oil cleaning cycle.

Then a brew-group clean and lube.

Then a decalcification run.

Then another brew-group clean (again)

Switch to a French press or a moka pot.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

spog posted:

This is a lie, it's never too late to drink coffee.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

bobmarleysghost posted:

Having just got a French press for Christmas I can confirm it is the best way to make coffee as it makes me look halfway competent and also its kind of soothing.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Made a non-scrub grilled cheese w/ Pain de Campagne bread, sharp cheddar, muenster, thin slices of Granny Smith apples, and turkey. It owned.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dren posted:

Made a non-scrub grilled cheese w/ Pain de Campagne bread, sharp cheddar, muenster, thin slices of Granny Smith apples, and turkey. It owned.

drat that sounds good as hell

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

Dren posted:

You're welcome.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

dakana posted:

You're welcome.

yeah the apples were a good suggestion, really put it over the top

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

just got back from Souffle Sunday at a neighbour's place (owned), drank a bunch of their booze (owned), and played some card game that i only understood the rules to half an hour into playing it (owned).

not a bad sunday night, esp since i have the day off tomorrow (mostly)

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Taking the long weekend to do some other work that pays better than my normal job.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
I'm like a puppy mill dog pacing its cage. Check job application. Check Facebook for messages from portfolio and resume critiquers. Check Dorkroom for portfolio critiques. Check job application. Check Facebook...

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

dakana posted:

I'm like a puppy mill dog pacing its cage. Check job application. Check Facebook for messages from portfolio and resume critiquers. Check Dorkroom for portfolio critiques. Check job application. Check Facebook...

have you told them hail satan yet

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

DJExile posted:

hail satan

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

bobmarleysghost posted:

A case of spray and pray or a long rear end trip?

Kind of both.

Week long trip to Cuba.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

SoundMonkey posted:

just got back from Souffle Sunday at a neighbour's place (owned), drank a bunch of their booze (owned), and played some card game that i only understood the rules to half an hour into playing it (owned).

not a bad sunday night, esp since i have the day off tomorrow (mostly)

Is 'Souffle Sunday' suburban code for something?

(I once went to a 'sausage party' and it wasn't the meat-tasting session that I was expecting*)

*though now you mention it....

spog fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jan 20, 2015

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/tlg/4828329478.html

it's times like these i miss the bad photography megathread :/

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3684472

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Hey man, NWS tag links please.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

This is amazing.

quote:

Primarily shooting nude figures, I allow for model anonymity when requested as many of my models are converted into non-human creatures.
I do not have a budget for paying models at this point, but offer trade-for-disc of all pictures shot, as well as completed work. And/or, if there are shots you need, that will be included in the trade.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Nsfw
http://i.imgur.com/FbShkK9.jpg
Hail Sartan

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

it's me

i'm the green tit lizard with the mace

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

i'm the sexy reptilian lady with the pike

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
I'm the.....

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Photoshop me like one of your half-bird half-witch girls

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

I waited for a minute for what I thought was a GIF with animated flames to load. Thanks a lot, jerk.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

Bubbacub posted:

I waited for a minute for what I thought was a GIF with animated flames to load. Thanks a lot, jerk.

It is if you hail hard enough.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Bubbacub posted:

Dread Head posted:

It is if you hail hard enough.

FTFY

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
I allow for model anonymity when requested as many of my models are converted into non-human creatures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

That's me.

I'm the sparkle of hunger in her eyes.

• Locked thread