Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
FEED ME A PHOTOSHOP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
postin' from work on a Friday :getin:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Australia Day long weekend! Which involves me sending in job applications, and everyone else getting drunk having BBQ's while watching cricket. (I'll be doing a little of the later).

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

Weekend time. Hailing Satan and floofing owls.

erephus
May 24, 2012
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

8th-snype posted:

FEED ME A PHOTOSHOP

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
hail satan i guess

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Photo swap meet was a bust from a sales perspective (the vast majority of it was scrub-tier garage sale type stuff), although I met some cool people at least.

Right now I am drinking beer, watching WW2 documentaries on Youtube, and writing a nice email to my girlfriend. Now Playing

Dren posted:

Made a non-scrub grilled cheese w/ Pain de Campagne bread, sharp cheddar, muenster, thin slices of Granny Smith apples, and turkey. It owned.

I don't doubt that it owned, but sorry that's called a melt.

Dren posted:

Photoshop me like one of your half-bird half-witch girls

emptyquotin' this tho

Pompous Rhombus fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jan 24, 2015

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

8th-snype posted:

FEED ME A PHOTOSHOP

who needs photoshop when you have lightroom sliders

all sliders to the max, all the time

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
how is flickr so broken?

there are photos I've taken that are publically available, but aren't in my photostream, because apparently my photostream is not collection of all photos I have on flickr. I think it's because the Lightroom plugin interacts with the photostream as if it's any other album, so if you happen to have uploaded a photo to flickr through a means other than Lightroom, or upload it via Lightroom but then remove it from Lightroom or delete your catalog accidentally, Lightroom just magically deletes those photos from your photostream--they're still on flickr, but the only way find them is if you already know the link from somewhere else, or if you find them from the albums page on flickr, which will show you photos by a user that are not in that user's photostream, the page that shows you all of a user's photos. If the photo is not in an album, and you have lost the link to it, that picture no longer exists, or at least cannot be found, unless you can guess the number assigned to it.

Let's also talk about numbers, and the photostream itself: if I click on the link to my photostream, it will bring me to a page, and if you scroll to the bottom, it will say you're on page 2. Okay, let's click on the link for page 1. That brings you to the same page of photos, which still says it's page 2, but is composed of the most recent photos in your photostream. Okay, so we're still on page 2, which does not conform to anything I'd expect to be considered a second page, but okay, let's click on page 3. This brings you to the next page of your photostream. At the bottom, it will say it's page 4. Well, alright, if you say so. Let's click on the link for page 5, the last page of your photos. If you scroll to the bottom, it will say you are on no page within your photostream. Pages in your photostream have links at the bottom to other/next/previous page. The current page is displayed in a different color, and it's not a link, because you're already there, so you can't go from where you already are to a different place if that different place is the place you are already at, because then it would not be a "different place".

Fine, this is all well and good. We're at the last page of a list of all your photos that does not include all your photos. That last page is page 5. Let's go to the previous page, which in we can infer, from basic arithmetic, is page 4. Let's click the link to go to the previous page; that link will take us to page 4. You click the link. It takes you to page 5, because that is the page previous to page 5, i.e. page 4. But you're not on page 4, you're on page 5, because that is where the link took you. Was the link right? Can I not do basic arithmetic anymore? Okay, the link was right. 5 - 1 = 5.

Let's back to page 1, by clicking on the link to page 1. Let's then go to the previous page. There's a link at the bottom to the previous page, where it says we're on page 2, which is page 1. Obviously the page previous to page 2 is page 1. Let's click the link to go to the previous page, which is page 1. The link takes us to page 2, which is page 1, because 2 - 1 = 2, much like 5 - 1 = 5.

Flickr runs on computers. Computers are good at math. Look around you. Who's on first?

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I just drank a bunch of red wine and ate a bunch of delicious pasta, hail Satan.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

annapacketstormaya posted:

how is flickr so broken?

there are photos I've taken that are publically available, but aren't in my photostream, because apparently my photostream is not collection of all photos I have on flickr. I think it's because the Lightroom plugin interacts with the photostream as if it's any other album, so if you happen to have uploaded a photo to flickr through a means other than Lightroom, or upload it via Lightroom but then remove it from Lightroom or delete your catalog accidentally, Lightroom just magically deletes those photos from your photostream--they're still on flickr, but the only way find them is if you already know the link from somewhere else, or if you find them from the albums page on flickr, which will show you photos by a user that are not in that user's photostream, the page that shows you all of a user's photos. If the photo is not in an album, and you have lost the link to it, that picture no longer exists, or at least cannot be found, unless you can guess the number assigned to it.

Let's also talk about numbers, and the photostream itself: if I click on the link to my photostream, it will bring me to a page, and if you scroll to the bottom, it will say you're on page 2. Okay, let's click on the link for page 1. That brings you to the same page of photos, which still says it's page 2, but is composed of the most recent photos in your photostream. Okay, so we're still on page 2, which does not conform to anything I'd expect to be considered a second page, but okay, let's click on page 3. This brings you to the next page of your photostream. At the bottom, it will say it's page 4. Well, alright, if you say so. Let's click on the link for page 5, the last page of your photos. If you scroll to the bottom, it will say you are on no page within your photostream. Pages in your photostream have links at the bottom to other/next/previous page. The current page is displayed in a different color, and it's not a link, because you're already there, so you can't go from where you already are to a different place if that different place is the place you are already at, because then it would not be a "different place".

Fine, this is all well and good. We're at the last page of a list of all your photos that does not include all your photos. That last page is page 5. Let's go to the previous page, which in we can infer, from basic arithmetic, is page 4. Let's click the link to go to the previous page; that link will take us to page 4. You click the link. It takes you to page 5, because that is the page previous to page 5, i.e. page 4. But you're not on page 4, you're on page 5, because that is where the link took you. Was the link right? Can I not do basic arithmetic anymore? Okay, the link was right. 5 - 1 = 5.

Let's back to page 1, by clicking on the link to page 1. Let's then go to the previous page. There's a link at the bottom to the previous page, where it says we're on page 2, which is page 1. Obviously the page previous to page 2 is page 1. Let's click the link to go to the previous page, which is page 1. The link takes us to page 2, which is page 1, because 2 - 1 = 2, much like 5 - 1 = 5.

Flickr runs on computers. Computers are good at math. Look around you. Who's on first?

no satan; didn't read

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
it's like oh Hey a flickr photo i'd like to see it bigger so i'll click on it becAuse that is a nIgh universaL user experience Standard across like every plAtform and application but no flickr is a special snowflake so clicking Takes you to another picture if you wAnted to see it big you needed to click on a weird icon down by the bottom to find a meNu

dakana fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jan 25, 2015

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

dakana posted:

it's like oh Hey a flickr photo i'd like to see it bigger so i'll click on it becAuse that is a nIgh universaL user experience Standard across like every plAtform and application but no flickr is a special snowflake so clicking Takes you to another picture if you wAnted to see it big you needed to click on a weird icon down by the bottom to find a meNu

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

flickr works fine for me but i'm not an idiot so

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Flickr works fine for me, too, I'm not smart enough to set up my LR to do automagic things for me.

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.

ansel autisms posted:

flickr works fine for me but i'm not on salvia so

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
I mean it works it just doesn't work well. The interface and overall user experience is just not good.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

dakana posted:

I mean it works it just doesn't work well. The interface and overall user experience is just not good.

Yeah, for the actual "displaying photos" bit it works great.

It's just everything else about the site doesn't work.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
I just burnt copies of a DVD of photos for family as passing them around via an elderly relative was easier than farting around with online options.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

ansel autisms posted:

flickr works fine for me but i'm not an idiot so

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

spog posted:

I just burnt copies of a DVD of photos for family as passing them around via an elderly relative was easier than farting around with online options.

dropbox link is a not bad way to share photos w/ your family

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

Dren posted:

dropbox link is a not bad way to share photos w/ your family

I really like Google Drive and use it to deliver files to all sorts of people.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

playing escape goat 2

hail satan

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
somebody called the police on me tonight because i was "acting suspicious" taking long exposures at night. just some random old commercial buildings. i'll consider myself lucky that I wasn't caught taking 20 minute exposures of random houses.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

BANME.sh posted:

somebody called the police on me tonight because i was "acting suspicious" taking long exposures at night. just some random old commercial buildings. i'll consider myself lucky that I wasn't caught taking 20 minute exposures of random houses.

I seriously want to know, however mundane it is, what you told the authorities.

"Just pointing this camera at that building there, for 20 minutes."

???

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
I was making a reference to ansel autisms' 20 minute exposures. mine were only 1 minute long, and I was approached by the police about 20 minutes later, a few blocks away. I told them I was taking photos, they asked of what, I said old buildings and cars, they asked for my ID, ran it, and then told me to enjoy the rest of the night.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

BANME.sh posted:

I was making a reference to ansel autisms' 20 minute exposures. mine were only 1 minute long, and I was approached by the police about 20 minutes later, a few blocks away. I told them I was taking photos, they asked of what, I said old buildings and cars, they asked for my ID, ran it, and then told me to enjoy the rest of the night.

I envy your experience.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

VendaGoat posted:

I envy your experience.

Well I'd wager he's as white as freshly fallen snow...

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

VomitOnLino posted:

Well I'd wager he's as white as freshly fallen snow...

:unsmith:

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Never had the cops called on me but I tend to get in my car and split after an exposure so who knows

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Once a security guy drove up to me, looked at what I was doing, then left. His headlights got in my exposure.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
edit: nws

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

reminder that the shameful OP of this thread has left it open for like two consecutive weeks

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

SoundMonkey posted:

reminder that the shameful OP of this thread has left it open for like two consecutive weeks

ON PURPOSE

(I have zero idea how to close a thread and frankly didn't expect people to actual post in it anyway)
EDIT: wait I found it, see you folks on friday

8th-snype fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jan 27, 2015

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

HERE I REOPENED IT FOR YOU, YOU LAZY rear end

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

my weekend started last night, and I havn't been able to post in the thread, almost everything is terrible apart from my new pen.

• Locked thread