Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

bobmarleysghost posted:

Gonna go ice fishing Sunday morning. Can't hail Satan at -30°

look at this motherfucka that hasn't read dante's inferno. smdh snype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

I've read quotes from it (not really), does that count?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

bobmarleysghost posted:

I've read quotes from it (not really), does that count?

its not even that long, just read it you scrub

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc
Speaking of long dead Italian folk, went and saw an exhibit at the science center on Pompeii and it's fiery destruction:

(I'm not NSFWing a 2000 year old fresco, that's silly)

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

8th-snype posted:

Speaking of long dead Italian folk, went and saw an exhibit at the science center on Pompeii and it's fiery destruction:

(I'm not NSFWing a 2000 year old fresco, that's silly)

u should cuz that's hot as f and im jerkin off to it lol

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Dat rear end! Hail rear end!

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

RangerScum posted:

u should cuz that's hot as f and im jerkin off to it lol

I assume you jerk it to most posts...probably for the warmth

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

it's bourbon time

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Mr. Despair posted:

it's bourbon time

Closing thread on this, the best post Mrdespair has ever made

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Dear weekend thread,

It's Friday and approximately two pm. I'm going to hire a car and take 50lbs worth of LF photo gear down to cap hill to photograph a very nice young lady. Then I'm going to get russian dumplings for dinner. If you think your friday is better than mine, you are incorrect.

Love,
OP

P.S. gently caress carrying an 8x10 down stairs
P.P.S. gently caress carrying an 8x10 up stairs, this lady better have an elevator

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Dear 8th-snype,

That sounds an awful lot like work, and therefore is beyond the bounds of the weekend thread.

Love,

Execudork

P.S. Postin' on da forums from my office at 1/4-to-6 on a Friday. Hypocrisy 4 LYFE!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Dear weekend thread,

It's my birthday weekend, I think I'll have some light hearted photo fun at a museum tomorrow. Tonight is all about the food and booze.

Hail Satan

VendaGoat.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Mr. Despair posted:

it's bourbon time

I'm drinking a drink so feminine that instead of an umbrella, they serve it with a tampon.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Dear Weekend Thread,

Just had a Saturday breakfast of French toast with broiled banana, chocolate galati and salted caramel sauce, it was delicious. Now I am heading to a craft brewers competition festival where there are 150 beers on tap. Also Australia is playing New Zealand in the Cricket World Cup, 8hrs of sport watching goodness. I'll shoot some X-ray film tomorrow, I promise.

Hugs and kisses
Hail Satan

Spedman

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Spedman posted:

Dear Weekend Thread,

Just had a Saturday breakfast of French toast with broiled banana, chocolate galati and salted caramel sauce, it was delicious. Now I am heading to a craft brewers competition festival where there are 150 beers on tap. Also Australia is playing New Zealand in the Cricket World Cup, 8hrs of sport watching goodness. I'll shoot some X-ray film tomorrow, I promise.

Hugs and kisses
Hail Satan

Spedman

I shot 4 sheets of xray at my 3 hour shoot. I did a bunch of digital stuff for the client but the trade was she sit for my weirdo 8x10.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01
Trying to decide if I should wear my white and gold dress or my blue and black dress out to a pot luck tonight.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Dread Head posted:

Trying to decide if I should wear my white and gold dress or my blue and black dress out to a pot luck tonight.

Wear your red dress so the stab wounds won't show.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ordering film lenses with winston sitting nearby

hail loving satan

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

8th-snype posted:

I shot 4 sheets of xray at my 3 hour shoot. I did a bunch of digital stuff for the client but the trade was she sit for my weirdo 8x10.

I'm hoping to get some negatives shot for contact printing tomorrow, nature and poo poo, while the fiancée is rowing in a regatta.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Spedman posted:

I'm hoping to get some negatives shot for contact printing tomorrow, nature and poo poo, while the fiancée is rowing in a regatta.

I need to dev my 8x10 backlog. Today was the maiden voyage of my 12 inch commercial ektar that I got on LFF for crazy good price. F/6.3 is so much easier to focus indoors than f/9.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Spedman posted:

Dear Weekend Thread,

Hugs and kisses
Hail Satan

Spedman

Holy poo poo that sounds loving awesome.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Here is what I've been working on this weekend:

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
Last night I went through ~1000 photos from my trip to the Guna Yala Autonomy Celebration.

DSC05676 by esa_foto, on Flickr

Also, I got gifted Nat Geo's Masters of Photography Course so I shall marathon that today. One day I will be a good photographer, I swear.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

8th-snype posted:

I need to dev my 8x10 backlog. Today was the maiden voyage of my 12 inch commercial ektar that I got on LFF for crazy good price. F/6.3 is so much easier to focus indoors than f/9.

Yeah f/9-6.3 makes a huge difference, especially when you've got a dull DIY focusing screen like mine.

I've ordered a bunch more acrylic to build another daylight sheet film developing tank next weekend, this one will do one hanger at a time (1 8x10 or 4 4x5), so I can do c41 LF with a 1lt kit.

And dinner was awesome last night, one beef rib about 4 times the size of my forearm, with a fantastic salt and pepper based rub.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Spedman posted:

Yeah f/9-6.3 makes a huge difference, especially when you've got a dull DIY focusing screen like mine.

I've ordered a bunch more acrylic to build another daylight sheet film developing tank next weekend, this one will do one hanger at a time (1 8x10 or 4 4x5), so I can do c41 LF with a 1lt kit.

And dinner was awesome last night, one beef rib about 4 times the size of my forearm, with a fantastic salt and pepper based rub.

I have an original made in chicago Burke and James ground glass, it's old as gently caress. I need to get new one but I'm not in a rush.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

spog posted:

I'm drinking a drink so feminine that instead of an umbrella, they serve it with a tampon.

If was also environmentally friendly, it'd be served in a Diva cup. You polluting monster.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Just home from seeing Mogwai, loving rad, loving hail Satan

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
I wanted a crispy leftover crab rangoon. Put it in the toaster oven. Cranked that poo poo up. Something dripped onto the element. It caught fire. My wife told me to throw baking soda at it, so I did and that put the fire out. Then I threw it outside. For safety.

Hail satan.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

dakana posted:

I wanted a crispy leftover crab rangoon. Put it in the toaster oven. Cranked that poo poo up. Something dripped onto the element. It caught fire. My wife told me to throw baking soda at it, so I did and that put the fire out. Then I threw it outside. For safety.

Hail satan.

Belongs in the food thread.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

RangerScum posted:

no, the food thread belongs in a fiery snowbound toaster oven.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

8th-snype posted:

no, the food thread belongs in a fiery snowbound toaster oven.

dakana posted:

Hail satan.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

dakana posted:

Hail satan.

That, by my count, is at least twice in the last two months you've nearly burned down your kitchen.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

RangerScum posted:

Baking soda?

Was she scared that it wasn't going to rise enough?

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

DJExile posted:

That, by my count, is at least twice in the last two months you've nearly burned down your kitchen.

yes but the first time it was mrs. dakana's fault. this time it was my fault. so that's one for each of us. everyone gets one, so now there will be no more (unintentional) fires in the kitchen. that is the hope, satan willing.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01
Is there a kickstarter that is going to purchase you a deep frier?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Dread Head posted:

Is there a kickstarter that is going to purchase you a deep frier?

Stretch goal reward: Steak fries as well as regular fries

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
I've successfully fried pickles with just a saucepan and no thermometer (you use popcorn kernels). I've made rustic bread and pizza in a 550 degree oven on a big fuckoff stone that's been preheating for an hour. I've deglazed hot pans with various alcohols.

But I'm defeated by a reheated crab rangoon and a toaster oven.

but I made it up to the wife tonight

j/k i'll never make up for the fact that she married me lmbo

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

drat those look good as hell

you need to make me some of those when I'm in town next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

monday mornin' double postin' cuz i don't give a fuuuuuuck :radcat:

• Locked thread