Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
That's probably why the yinzers love him since all they bitch about is this team being soft and not having a winger who's big and crashes into the net to score goals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zybl0re
Aug 10, 2002

I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIT!
Carey Price's situational assessment: Okay shot incoming, Downie to my right, so I will close off the left side.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
According to one of the Detroit beat writers Howard injured his groin.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
:siren: Patch

Terminated.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Probably the 4th or 5th time Pittsburgh has weakly backhanded a pass through the offensive slot and 3rd 2 on 1. Gee maybe you shouldn't do that.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

trade crosby

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

At least we don't have to listen to how the Habs are perfect when scoring first.

Zybl0re
Aug 10, 2002

Heheheheh "Sid rims it cleanly"

WOOOOOO PATCHES!!!! :siren: Also appears my stream isn't too far behind. :toot:

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

lol who was that back on d that just got caught too far down low

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

haha oh my it was Perron. Gonna have to skate quicker next time buddy.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

.Spec posted:

lol who was that back on d that just got caught too far down low

Martin was the one that made the pass that handcuffed Sid.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

cmon refs

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Bortuzzo is a loving idiot.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
haha this reffing is a loving joke. ehrhoff holds a guy and gets a penalty and then prust holds him the same way...no call.

and now montreal is going on the powerplay again. shocking.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

haha this reffing is a loving joke. ehrhoff holds a guy and gets a penalty and then prust holds him the same way...no call.

ya gotta say pretty disappointed with the reffing last time the pens played the habs, and this game seems to be more of the same. :tinfoil:

Zybl0re
Aug 10, 2002

lol Bortuzzo.

I guess the Pens want to start the second period with an advantage.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

.Spec posted:

haha oh my it was Perron. Gonna have to skate quicker next time buddy.

I've legit seen people blame him for being the reason the Pens have been losing lately

Ginette Reno posted:

On the other hand, it's a Montreal Powerplay

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

That's probably why the yinzers love him since all they bitch about is this team being soft and not having a winger who's big and crashes into the net to score goals

They have like 2 or 3 of those.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Vincent Van Goat posted:

I've legit seen people blame him for being the reason the Pens have been losing lately

the pens have been infected with the oilers. there is no esacpe, mcdavid inc

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Cherrys anti euro anti affirmative action rant ownd

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Despres-wise I wanted to see what he could do because he always looked good down here but he hasn't translated his game to the nhl at all. I don't think Scuderi mentoring him helps, either.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

gently caress you, shabbily dressed foreigners!

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Cherry's like past caricature levels of Xenophobic

Zybl0re
Aug 10, 2002

Don really has lost it. Everyone knows a tie isn't a win.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

cenotaph posted:

Despres-wise I wanted to see what he could do because he always looked good down here but he hasn't translated his game to the nhl at all. I don't think Scuderi mentoring him helps, either.

The forum is down on him while I'm seeing this kinda stuff in the "media" all the time: Pens Inside Scoop ‏@PensInsideScoop 35m35 minutes ago
Great stick check by Despres on Galchenyuk. 47 has been #Pens breakout players this season -SK

I guess that's not all that surprising though,

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Chronicler of Dongs posted:

gently caress you, shabbily dressed foreigners!

hell yeah this is some top shelf don cherry

Erie: Root for em, no foreigners.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

.Spec posted:

hell yeah this is some top shelf don cherry

Also almost immediately after: gently caress you, foreigners in general! Cheer for teams with no Europeans on them!

:staredog:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Don is :words: but lol I didn't see that Cooke crosscheck to the face before. gently caress you Matt.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

maclean reminds me of an orderly at an old folk's home.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Surprised at the Despres hate. I think being at a 50% CF while being anchored to Rob Scuderi is pretty damned good, but that's just me

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Carlson!

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Ginette Reno posted:

Surprised at the Despres hate. I think being at a 50% CF while being anchored to Rob Scuderi is pretty damned good, but that's just me

From me at least it's not hate but his decision making doesn't seem to have adapted to nhl speed as much as I'd hoped.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Super late, diapers wait for no post, but:

CARLSON!!!!!!!!!!

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
So I accidentally read a Pat Hickey piece today talking about the state of the Habs and his assessment of the power play was that teams have figured out that if they shut down Subban they shut down the power play, and that no-one has stepped up to 'take up the slack' with teams keying on PK.

His solution: Take PK off the power play.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
MAF's stick ending up at the blue line is about the MAF-iest thing ever.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Krime posted:

MAF's stick ending up at the blue line is about the MAF-iest thing ever.

Isn't intentionally moving a dropped stick a penalty? I just watched two players do it.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Immediately after the power play expires, Montreal gets some decent offensive zone time.

It's uncanny.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I don't know what game Jim Hughson et al are watching when they think Price is a good puckhandler. He's pretty bad. Not as bad as Maf, but bad.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hartnell-Dubinsky-Foligno is a line for the moment because Johansen pissed Richards off.

Wow, that was pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

.Spec posted:

Isn't intentionally moving a dropped stick a penalty? I just watched two players do it.

Didn't that happen last game too, a Hab intentionally moving a stick?

• Locked thread