Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I just went to Best Buy to buy printer in (HP 191), because the Staples in the same plaza was inexplicably closed. I used to even work at Staples when I was younger and I had no idea that ink was so expensive because I worked in the mobile section. I swear to god I could've bought an entire new printer instead of new ink for what they charge. poo poo I could've bought a black market kidney instead and squeezed the blood out of it to use as ink instead. gently caress you HP. And gently caress you Best Buy. I read online printer ink is more expensive than human blood. Why the gently caress is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
Never actually tried it but http://www.inkpal.com/ink-news/how-to-reset-an-ink-cartridge-not-waste-printer-ink/

capitalism lol

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
printers are a scam

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Get a tattoo about it

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Why do you need a printer in 2014

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Go steal it op

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I use the fedex print shop. 20 cents to print my homework assignment.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
You can have your cartridges refilled at several places. I don't understand how people don't know this in 2015.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

I have a cheap samsung laser printer for actual documents, and for photos I go to costco or wherever and get them professionally done. Ink based printers are terrible scams, and I've never actually managed to get really good photo prints out of them even after extensive fine tuning.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Hobohemian posted:

You can have your cartridges refilled at several places. I don't understand how people don't know this in 2015.

The one at my local shopping mall has what amounts to an animated GIF on a VHS tape (seriously) saying "STOP - REFILL YOUR CARTRIDGES."

I just print what little I need from my work PC. :ninja:

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I'd rather spend my money on a poo poo ton of vodka and Red Bull than ink, that's for sure,

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
There's a goon in SA Mart who can refill them for you and it's waaaay cheaper.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I wanted to print the Bruin's January 2015 calendar schedule to put up on the wall so I can keep track of what days they are playing instead of just downloading the app cause I'm a pleb and also need more things on my wall

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3393328&perpage=40&pagenumber=36

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Where does vanilla extract rank? That poo poo always seems expensive.

And years ago, when I worked for OfficeMax, we had a guy come in and buy whatever our cheapest printer was whenever he ran out of ink. It was a bit cheaper than buying ink cartridges, and he didn't have to worry about the printer breaking because he'd only be using it for a little while.

He went through a lot of Lexmarks.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

TVs Ian posted:

Where does vanilla extract rank? That poo poo always seems expensive.

And years ago, when I worked for OfficeMax, we had a guy come in and buy whatever our cheapest printer was whenever he ran out of ink. It was a bit cheaper than buying ink cartridges, and he didn't have to worry about the printer breaking because he'd only be using it for a little while.

He went through a lot of Lexmarks.

it's absurd that this is even an option.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

what da gently caress 3mpf-5030

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

bad start to 2015 op :smith:

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

http://www.lifetechnologies.com/ord...vdx8h6DwCAAA%3D those aren't remotely expensive.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Puffy Jacket Fetish posted:

bad start to 2015 op :smith:

I didn't even pay for the ink so it's no skin off my back. I just think it's ridiculous how loving expensive it is. Considering pens with ink are a dime a dozen.

Riscas
Feb 11, 2008
Brother printers use individual color cartridges that are super cheap. Like, 25 bucks for enough ink to last a long while.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Riscas posted:

Brother printers use individual color cartridges that are super cheap. Like, 25 bucks for enough ink to last a long while.

Brother printers also print like poo poo. So.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

cynic posted:

I have a cheap samsung laser printer for actual documents, and for photos I go to costco or wherever and get them professionally done. Ink based printers are terrible scams, and I've never actually managed to get really good photo prints out of them even after extensive fine tuning.

yeah just get a cheap mono laser, they're like $40 and that's in Australia dollars

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Aren't the print heads inside the cartridges extremely expensive as well?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
How much is the toner though

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
My company starts sales people off selling copier, printers and toner.

Toner and ink has at least 40% profit on the price . Its stupid expensive and cheap as gently caress to make. Sell a 20hp cartridge for 80$ lol.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

just get a cheap laser printer on sale, itll pay for itself in unbought inkjet cartridges before the included toner runs out

you can get a color laser printer for not much more than $100 on sale and b+w for way less

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
How often do you even need to print? Do it at the office like a normal person or go to Kinkos if you're scared.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Ein cooler Typ posted:

You might want to update a few things

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

notZaar posted:

How often do you even need to print? Do it at the office like a normal person or go to Kinkos if you're scared.

I print things all loving day long at the office. I just really needed to print this bruins calendar schedule and also my bank account transaction report so I could type all that poo poo into my budget plan in Google Sheets without having to tab back and forth because that is annoying as hell.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

Mange Mite posted:

How much is the toner though

over here about $10-20 more than ink but if you're like me and print maybe once a month the ink dries up and toner don't, so it lasts way longer. I've had mine for like 2 years and the half-filled cart you get with it is still going lol

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Windows 98 posted:

I print things all loving day long at the office. I just really needed to print this bruins calendar schedule and also my bank account transaction report so I could type all that poo poo into my budget plan in Google Sheets without having to tab back and forth because that is annoying as hell.

are you loving making GBS threads me

Kidsolo
Dec 4, 2006

Give the dog a bone

Windows 98 posted:

I didn't even pay for the ink so it's no skin off my back.

you could also say "there is no ink on my chest", you know what I mean ;)

open container
Sep 16, 2008
you could buy a second monitor for the price of an ink cartridge

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Purchase an HP laserjet printer

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

i give ur mom white ink for free op

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I buy Chinese ink from amazon, its like $12 for two sets of ink

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Scorpion venom is $38,858,507.46 a gallon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Scorpion venom is $38,858,507.46 a gallon.

loving obamas america

• Locked thread