Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Big roboots with stupid ears function like a money vaccuum, sucking in all available cash from my vicinity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

ChickenHeart posted:

Fun fact, Neil Blomkamp was also working on an Alien 5 pitch to Fox that would've ignored the last two films, if the concept art was anything to go by:

I had no idea. Would have been good to great i bet, as would have Neill Blomkamp Terminator :\

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Dude looks like a loving chav rabbit

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got to meet Die Antword once and they were both very quiet and really polite. They get my support.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Maldoror posted:

I forgot about this from 2005:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCS0hNyJf6k

It's a bit longer, and has a student film quality vibe to it. It doesn't really match the other Blomkamp stuff as it feels like an IFC or Adult Swim produced comedy. Yes that is in fact Lynda Carter.

The robot is basically a goon in this one. :mmmhmm:

So does he build those robots irl and do like stop motion animation or what?:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

its chest thing appears to be a label maker

e: i hope that detail makes it into the final release

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I saw a test screening of this movie a few months ago that seemed pretty much complete except for the robot CGI. Baring any changes they do to the final cut:

1. Die Antwood is in this movie a lot more than the preview would have you believe. They're pretty much the main characters, and are on screen probably 2/3 of the time.

2. It's a lot lighter than the preview makes it seem. I wouldn't say it's a comedy, but it's not the heavy moral exploration like the preview puts forth. I'd say it's tone is much more District 9 than Elysium. Of course that part's probably the most likely to change if it didn't screen well.

3. This movie is going to bomb big-time in the States because it's very into the South African underground culture. It's not bad, I liked it and will see it again when it comes out, but it's too out there for the mainstream US audience who will tend to be more like

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

South Africa is absolute poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
All his movies are the loving same thing. He is one of the only movie directors who is actually typecast.

• Locked thread