Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

The funny thing is we apparently recommended each other.

I feel like that is probably not an isolated case, based on the very little tidbits I heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

People got asked for recs?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
They sure did! I got a PM from an admin asking me for recommendations -- Capt. Invictus was among my choices. I get the sense he would've been first choice had he not declined.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I, too, was asked for recs. And then about being a mod but I declined for pretty much the same reasons Invictus declined. Kudos on them for finding a good poster that would accept, and I wish Baal all the luck in not getting doxxed by internet weirdos.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Srice posted:

I, too, was asked for recs. And then about being a mod but I declined for pretty much the same reasons Invictus declined. Kudos on them for finding a good poster that would accept, and I wish Baal all the luck in not getting doxxed by internet weirdos.

you should have accepted the job.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I was not asked for recs at all. Maybe I don't post enough?

Also yeah the thought of being doxxed is p.scary and I do not envy anyone who opens themselves up to that.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

if the new mod stickies a fate thread im going to destroy them. this is a warning.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

if the new mod stickies a fate thread im going to destroy them. this is a warning.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Hey, new mod, how do you feel about low effort meme posts? I agree it's perfectly fine to post in lowercase, but when your entire post is just "this makes me horny", I think it's kind of lame. Of course, if people want to elaborate on why this thing makes them horny, that's perfectly okay. Shine on, Dick! :)

Edit: Things like "Oda does it again!" are kinda lame too, imo.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't care.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Silento posted:

Hey, new mod, how do you feel about low effort meme posts? I agree it's perfectly fine to post in lowercase, but when your entire post is just "this makes me horny", I think it's kind of lame. Of course, if people want to elaborate on why this thing makes them horny, that's perfectly okay. Shine on, Dick! :)

Edit: Things like "Oda does it again!" are kinda lame too, imo.

You suck.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Oh, okay. That's fine, I was just wondering what was safe to post. This way I don't have to hide in a posting bunker every time a thread gets derailed by puns.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

you should have accepted the job.

In a perfect world where I didn't have to worry about that stuff I would have! I thought about it but then I did some googling around and determined that yes, some lunatic with loads of free time could probably eventually find some of my personal info and knowing what has happened to some of the mods in the past...well, I don't think I have to bring up the details but you get the idea.

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen
i wake up and see that our new mod has picked the correct avatar, praise be.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I got asked but I couldn't think of anyone because I don't remember usernames.

Anyway, new mod is cool and making the right choices already, yay Beef Waifu. I hope you're ready for more of my dumb posting.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Silento posted:

Oh, okay. That's fine, I was just wondering what was safe to post. This way I don't have to hide in a posting bunker every time a thread gets derailed by puns.

I'm don't live in daily fear of the possible occurrence of puns, and neither should anybody.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

I'm don't live in daily fear of the possible occurrence of puns, and neither should anybody.

I agree. God bless Animerica.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

The Devil Tesla posted:

I got asked but I couldn't think of anyone because I don't remember usernames.

You didn't respond with their corresponding avatars?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dirigibleful
Mar 29, 2014

congratulations

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I don't read ADTRW outside of the JoJo's thread but you're a good poster in other forums, grats dude

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Sorry you don't like good franchises dick.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rodyle are you named after the villain from tales of symphonia

that's the only place i've ever seen the name 'rodyle' but he's a fairly minor villain so i dont know why anyone would name themselves after him

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

this coming from a poster named endorph

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Rodyle posted:

Sorry you don't like good franchises dick.

I'm glad that the new mod means we are allowed to make funny posts like this.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

this coming from a poster named endorph
Endorph is a major character in the game Soul Nomad & The World Eaters who saves the protagonists on several occasions and is crucial to the defeat of one of the main villains.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcu97ap9ZWU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I just remember you as the doomguy because I like posting with the doomguy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i didnt even buy this avatar for myself, and i dont know who did. it just happened.

ive never even played doom 1

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Endorph posted:

i didnt even buy this avatar for myself, and i dont know who did. it just happened.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Endorph posted:

Yeah, I know that feeling

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

wtf

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've played Doom 1.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Endorph posted:

you've played doom 2 tho, right?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my dad didn't let us play games on the computer when we were kids because he thought 'the computer isn't a toy!!!'

by the time i got my own computer stuff like dark forces 2 was out

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I got my first PC 'just for homework' but then they put it in my room, lol good job enforcing that one parents.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You should go back and play Doom 1, it's aged shockingly well.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Endorph posted:

my dad didn't let us play games on the computer when we were kids because he thought 'the computer isn't a toy!!!'

by the time i got my own computer stuff like dark forces 2 was out

im sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Congrats Mr Ferguson. Where is the King of the Hill thread?

• Locked thread