Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

Tasty_Crayon posted:

SO KIND OF YOU TO NOTICE! A DOG IS A METICULOUS GROOMER BUT LIKE MOST PEOPLE LONGS FOR A STYLE OF A MORE CURRANT FASHION! THUS A DOG MAY LAY ON HIS BACK ANG WIGGLE OUT OF THE OLD FUZZ LIKE A MILLENNIAL OUT OF SKINNY JEANS!
OLD CLOTHES READY FOR GOODWILL OR MAYBE A SAD NAKED DOG IN AFRICA

I KID NO ONE WOULD WEAR ANOTHER DOG CASTOFF FASHIONS THAT WOULD BE SHAMEFUL

Is the dog all shiny and pretty after de-fuzzing, like snakes are? Also, what kind of dog is the one with the pink torso? Very pretty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApathyGirl
Aug 24, 2013

Eifert Posting posted:

That looks kinda cool let me goo-HOLY poo poo.

Why, why would you do that?
(also, many neat looking dogs in that video)

And of course, this was in the recommendeds after that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t5hSH84XgM. It dances right on that graceful/loving creepy line.

What say you, Crayon? Was this good human-dog bonding time?

Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

That was toooo fast!!

Also did someone say tasty friends?

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Wow, old world dogs are truly expert breeds. That, uh, husky does have a very stylish coat.

catamar
May 23, 2008
How many puppies are in the average litter of Dogs?

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

ApathyGirl posted:

Why, why would you do that?
(also, many neat looking dogs in that video)

And of course, this was in the recommendeds after that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t5hSH84XgM. It dances right on that graceful/loving creepy line.

What say you, Crayon? Was this good human-dog bonding time?

A VERY RESPECTFUL PERSON WITH HIS DOG BUT ALSO KIND OF BALLSY CAUSE DOG LOOKS IMPATIENT NEAR THE END. MANY GENTLE TOUCHES. NOT LIKE THOSE DUMB MOTHERFUCKERS WHO POSE WITH US ON THEIR FACES, WE ARE NOT PROPS YOU ASSHOLES

catamar posted:

How many puppies are in the average litter of Dogs?

OH ONLY A FEW THOUSAND AT THE MOST.

catamar posted:

Do dogs actually enjoy dog parks, or are they really for dog owners?

WE DOGS ARE SUCH HOMEBODIES! WE MOSTLY ONLY LEAVE WHEN WE HAVE REACHED MATURITY AND WANDER AROUND LOOKING FOR SOME STRANGE. I GUESS YOU COULD INTRODUCE YOUR DOGS TO SEE IF THEY HIT IT OFF BUT IF THE MALE DOG IS A PUA HE WILL PROBABLY GET EATEN.

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Is the dog all shiny and pretty after de-fuzzing, like snakes are? Also, what kind of dog is the one with the pink torso? Very pretty!

OH SUCH LUSTROUS BEAUTY AND IRIDESCENCE! ONE MAY EVEN CHANGE COLORS COMPLETELY! AND IF YOU LIKE TO FLICK YOUR DEFENSIVE HAIRS AT PEOPLE A LOT, FEAR NOT FOR YOUR BALD BEHIND! THE HAIRS COME BACK WITH THE NEXT HOT NEW LOOK.

THE PRETTY PINK DOG IS A COMMON CHILDHOOD PET, THE G. roseaOLDEN RETRIEVER

Tim Jong-un
Aug 22, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

The 1955 blockbuster "Tarantula" is said to have set dog rights back several decades,do you feel this is true and what is your stance on giant killer dogs.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Tim Jong-un posted:

The 1955 blockbuster "Tarantula" is said to have set dog rights back several decades,do you feel this is true and what is your stance on giant killer dogs.

THAT MOVIE WAS ABOUT DOGS??! I THOUGHT IT WAS ABOUT THAT DUDE'S MUTANT RUNAWAY CHIN

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
When you're purchasing a new dog what should you look for in appearance.

In detail.

Also are you aware that in Thailand they deep fry and skewer dogs? What do you think about this practice?

Pinball
Sep 15, 2006

What kind of dog is the orange and blue advanced dog? It looks pissseddd.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

What do you think of toy dogs?

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

TINY DOGS ARE BOTH CUTE AND DELICIOUS!

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Eifert Posting posted:

When you're purchasing a new dog what should you look for in appearance.

In detail.

Also are you aware that in Thailand they deep fry and skewer dogs? What do you think about this practice?

THERE ARE MANy THINGS TO LOOK FOR! INTEGRITY OF EXOSKELETON. IS DOG BALD ON REAR? IF SO SOMEONE HAS BEEN BULLYING IT. gently caress SUCH A DUDE IN THE RHETORICAL SENSE. DOES THE DOGS FRONT LEGS HAVE PRONOUNCED DEWCLAW? THEN IT IS A MALE DOG UNLIKELY TO SURVIVE ITS NEXT MOLT. ADOPT ONLY IF YOU ARE A BLEEDING HEART SHITBULL MOM OR WANT IT FOR STUD.

IF BUYING YOUR DOG ONLINE BE WARY OF THE VENDORS REPUTATION! THEY MAY SELL WILD CAUGHT DOGS (SO RUDE) OR PACK THEM SLOPPILY FOR SHIPPING. SUCH A HEARTBREAK TO OPEN BOX FULL OF PUPPIES TO FIND THEM ALL DEAD :(

ALSO REMEMBER ALL DOG BREEDERS ARE loving A LITTLE BIT CRAZY.

ALSO IN AMERICA WE ALSO EAT OF THE DOG ONLY YOU DONT KNOW BECAUSE SAID DOG IS COMMITTING HARIKARI WITH YOUR MOUTH WHILE YOU SLEEP. FORTY A YEAR. CRAZY RIGHT?

Tasty_Crayon fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 18, 2015

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Pinball posted:

What kind of dog is the orange and blue advanced dog? It looks pissseddd.

THAT IS ODB THE OBT. HE IS DOWN WITH OPP.

ApathyGirl
Aug 24, 2013

Tasty_Crayon posted:

ALSO IN AMERICA WE ALSO EAT OF THE DOG ONLY YOU DONT KNOW BECAUSE SAID DOG IS COMMITTING HARIKARI WITH YOUR MOUTH WHILE YOU SLEEP. FORTY A YEAR. CRAZY RIGHT?

:stonk:

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

SNOPES LIES IS ALL THE DOG HIERARCHY WILL ALLOW ME TO SAY

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Do your dogs have pet frogs? They should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKgQj9b0b2w

:getin:

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

How many dogs do you own?

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Octolady posted:

How many dogs do you own?

I CURRENTLY SHARE A HIGH RISE WITH TWELVE OTHER DOGS. THERE WERE MORE BUT SOMETIMES THE CRICKET EATS YOU NA'MEAN?

THE CATS HAVE THEIR OWN COMMUNE

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am interested in a guard dog. What dog has the most fight in them?

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Which dog is good for traveling with?

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

Can a dog help a person with disabilities?

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Pile of Kittens posted:

I'm sure that they are always willing to lend a hand.

ApathyGirl
Aug 24, 2013
Please enjoy this 2014 Best in Show dog:

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Eifert Posting posted:

I am interested in a guard dog. What dog has the most fight in them?

TO SELECT A BREED BASED ON AGGRESSIVE TEMPERAMENT IS UNWISE AND MAY RESULT IN A TOTAL rear end in a top hat DOG THAT CHEWS THROUGH ITS ENCLOSURE. IT IS A LITTLE KNOWN FACT THAT THE MERE PRESENCE OF A DOG IN THE HOUSE WILL DETER ALL BUT THE MOST PERSISTENT CRIMINALS! UPON ENTERING OUR DOMICILE AND SEEING THE MANY VIGILANT DOG MOST BURGLARS SCREAM AND RUN FOR SOME REASON. I PERSONALLY BLAME THE MOVIE CUJO.

BERGfu posted:

Which dog is good for traveling with?

NO NEED TO TAKE YOUR DOG WITH YOU, YOU CAN ALWAYS RELY ON THE DOGS YOU FIND IN YOUR TRAVELS. TO LOOK UNDER A BED OR BEHIND A CURTAIN IS TO MAKE A NEW FRIEND! THERE ARE DOGS EVERYWHERE! ALWAYS.

Pile of Kittens posted:

DOGS ARE SO GOOD AT LIFTING SPIRITS. A PERSONS DEPRESSION WILL EVAPORATE WHEN CONFRONTED WITH THE JOVIAL BOOTSTRAPPING PATIENCE OF MANS BEST FRIEND. FOR EXAMPLE:

ApathyGirl posted:

Please enjoy this 2014 Best in Show dog:

SOMEDAY THIS PUPPY WILL SPORT SUCH A FINE VISAGE, BUT FOR NOW TASTY_CRAYON MUST SHOW PATIENCE.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Given that dogs are man's best friend, how do we reach out to convince naysayers such as "cat people" to really show them that dogs are our boon companions?

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

AN EXCELLENT QUESTION! WHILE TASTY CRAYON THINKS WE ALL OF US ARE ADORABLE, WHEN GUESTS ARE OVER SHE STARTS BY INTRODUCING THEM TO THE CUTEST AND FLUFFIEST DOGS! THEN SHE MOVES ON TO THE MORE COLORFUL OF US FOR TO GET SOME OOOHS AND AAHHHS.

ONLY THEN DOES SHE MOVE ONTO THOSE OF US WHO STRIKE A MORE NOBLE AND DOMINANT POSTURE.

IF THE GUEST SEEMS RECEPTIVE SHE WILL EVEN LET THEM FEED US, THOUGH A DISPROPORTIONATE NUMBER TURN GREEN AND DECLINE

ALSO SOMETIMES SHE EASES A PERSON INTO IT BY WAITING A HALF HOUR OR SO AND THEN INFORMING THEM THAT THEY HAD BEEN IN A ROOM FULL OF DOGS THE WHOLE TIME. I INTERPRET THE LOUD NOISES AS SOUNDS OF EXCITEMENT THOUGH HUMAN BODY LANGUAGE IS NOT MY FORTE

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
The look on someone's face when they realize what's in the Tupperware: loving priceless.

It's even better when I get to do something like pull a snake out from under the bed or a gecko jumps onto the glass close to their face.

Of course, dogs are much cuter and fuzzier than those gross herps

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Mocking Bird posted:

The look on someone's face when they realize what's in the Tupperware: loving priceless.

It's even better when I get to do something like pull a snake out from under the bed or a gecko jumps onto the glass close to their face.

Of course, dogs are much cuter and fuzzier than those gross herps

IN THEIR DEFENSE, IT IS HARD TO NOTICE TUPPERWARE WITH ALL THESE loving MICE RUNNING AROUND

Tasty_Crayon fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jan 25, 2015

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is the mouse eating dog a common pet dog?

farfegnougat
Oct 31, 2004

Tasty_Crayon posted:

IN THEIR DEFENSE, IT IS HARD TO NOTICE TUPPERWARE WITH ALL THESE loving MICE RUNNING AROUND

That's not a mouse. That's a skeksi.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

You can purchase them, yes. Supposedly they are absolute bastards though.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

quote:

SOMEDAY THIS PUPPY WILL SPORT SUCH A FINE VISAGE, BUT FOR NOW TASTY_CRAYON MUST SHOW PATIENCE.

How long will it take for the puppy to mature? How long do dogs live? What do dogs think of Charlotte's Web?

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Do any of your dogs bark? What is the loudest breed?

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014
I read up on this thread and I'm leaning towards adopting a puppy... not sure where to start looking, though, or how young they are sold.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Eifert Posting posted:

THERE IS MUCH DEBATE ON WHETHER FEEDING VERTEBRATES TO YOUR DOG HARMS THEM. IN THE LONG RUN IT IS EASIEST TO NOT HAVE TO CLEAN UP LIQUIFIED ROTTING MOUSE CORPSE FROM YOUR TERRITORIAL POOCH'S TUNNEL. ALSO LIVE FEEDING SOMETHING THAT HAS A VERTEBRATES CAPACITY TO FEEL PAIN IS A REAL DICK MOVE.

AcetylCoA! posted:

How long will it take for the puppy to mature? How long do dogs live? What do dogs think of Charlotte's Web?

HOW QUICKLY YOUR PUPPY GROWS DEPENDS ON HIS BREED! SOME MATURE FASTER THAN OTHERS.

A FEMALE DOG MAY LIVE VERY LONG, EVEN UP TO 20 YEARS! MALE DOGS DIE MUCH YOUNGER, MORE LIKE FOUR OR FIVE YEARS AT THE MOST. WE GET THESE BITCHING RAD BOXING GLOVES WHEN FULLY MATURE FOR TO SEDUCE THE LADIES AND THOSE ARE HARD TO WRIGGLE OUT OF SO WE GET STUCK AND DIE. ALSO SOMETIMES WE GET EATEN BY OUR DATES.

ANYTHING FOR THAT SWEET EIGHT LEGGED STRANGE, AMIRITE?

Ivy posted:

I read up on this thread and I'm leaning towards adopting a puppy... not sure where to start looking, though, or how young they are sold.

BROWSE THE INTERNET FOR A DOG OR REPTILE BREEDER IN YOUR AREA, ALSO DOGS SHIP SURPRISINGLY WELL!

PUPPIES SOLD ARE LISTED BY THE INCH LENGTH OF THEIR CUTE WIDDLE WEGS. LARGER IS EASIER AND MORE INTERESTING TO CARE FOR, ALSO THE YOUNG THE PUPPY THE MORE LIKELY IT WILL DIE ON YOU FOR, LIKE, ANY loving REASON. SERIOUSLY IT REALLY SUCKS.

STAY AWAY FROM PET STORES. MOST DON'T KNOW HOW TO PROPERLY CARE FOR THEIR DOGS, AND MOST OF THE DOGS ARE WILD CAUGHT. THIS MEANS YOUR NEW FRIEND WAS PROBABLY A MATURE MALE SNATCHED FROM THE WILD ON HIS JOURNEY TO FIND A MATE AND SO IS UNLIKELY TO LIVE AS LONG. GETTING CAPTIVE BRED PUPPIES ALSO GREATLY DECREASES THE CHANCE THAT YOU WILL GO TO SAY HI TO IT ONE DAY AND SEE SOME LOVECRAFTIAN PARASITE CHEWING ITS WAY FREE OF YOUR BUDDIES CARAPACE

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tasty_Crayon posted:

THERE IS MUCH DEBATE ON WHETHER FEEDING VERTEBRATES TO YOUR DOG HARMS THEM. IN THE LONG RUN IT IS EASIEST TO NOT HAVE TO CLEAN UP LIQUIFIED ROTTING MOUSE CORPSE FROM YOUR TERRITORIAL POOCH'S TUNNEL. ALSO LIVE FEEDING SOMETHING THAT HAS A VERTEBRATES CAPACITY TO FEEL PAIN IS A REAL DICK MOVE.

How dare you. I'll have you know I'm an invertebrate irl and every second is an endless torment of physical and psychological pain.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Tasty_Crayon posted:

DOGS ARE SO GOOD AT LIFTING SPIRITS. A PERSONS DEPRESSION WILL EVAPORATE WHEN CONFRONTED WITH THE JOVIAL BOOTSTRAPPING PATIENCE OF MANS BEST FRIEND. FOR EXAMPLE:

I quite like these small colorful jumping dogs. Is there a variety of jumping dogs that can be domesticated or must they run (jump) free?

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Portals posted:

I quite like these small colorful jumping dogs. Is there a variety of jumping dogs that can be domesticated or must they run (jump) free?

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure they're all much too small to keep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

these are the best dogs and I am glad people are coming to appreciate these breeds

for my birthday my sister got me a little kit with which you catch and keep a small stray dog
I am very looking forward to giving one a good home

you can totally keep the tiny bouncy dogs as pets! people do it all the time
mostly you are limited to whichever small dogs run free in your area though so unless you are Australian a dancing rainbow dog is probably out of your reach

• Locked thread