Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
W424
Oct 21, 2010
So are you a house- or fieldnigguh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Leather Daddy posted:

people with cat avatars are gay

*clutches chest and falls out open window*

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I am hear to stand with my fellow cat avatar guy in solidarity you rat fucker.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
the cruelest insult possible is always the one that is 100% true

everyone has at least one chink in their armor. it's just a matter of finding it

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cnut the Great posted:

chink in their armor

im asian and this broke my heart because im also aspiring to be a paladin some day

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Orkin Mang posted:

im asian and this broke my heart because im also aspiring to be a paladin some day

lol if you think i didn't plan it that way

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Your not a REAL punk!

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Why don't you trade that in for an Android!

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Your views on Sonic are wrong!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Rando posted:

I am hear to stand with my fellow cat avatar guy in solidarity you rat fucker.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
" can I ask you a 'what if' question?"

"Sure"

"What do you think things would be like if you were like, really really funny?"

"..."

"Like actually funny"

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Wulfolme posted:

I think it covers all the bases as well as anything short of prolonged abuse could. Do you agree? If not, how could it be improved?

The problem with your insult is that it's like a 3 part math word problem. The person has to realize that you're implying:
A) They should kill themselves.
B) Someone would think they're worth saving but
C) They're such a gently caress up that even someone who would talk a jumper down agrees with A.

Before they figure out what you're saying they've forgotten what you said. That's why

Quickscope420dad posted:

"you're one load your mom really should've swallowed" has more punch

It gets to the point without commas and dependent clauses and poo poo.

The best insults are simple. Something like " That bald spot is really starting to show/hairline is moving to the back of your head" will get most guys looking in the mirror. Calling a chick "Pancake tits" will do the same for most women. It doesn't matter if it's true or not, it makes them doubt themselves and that'll usually make them quiet.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i disagree. this

Quickscope420dad posted:

"you're one load your mom really should've swallowed" has more punch

has more "punch" but it isn't actually that hurtful. it's like "yeah yeah you're referring to my mom in a sexual situation and saying i should never have been born, who cares"

all it's really saying is that the speaker doesn't like you. so what

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Well the goal is to take their quality of life down a peg for years to come, not briefly make them feel self-conscious or offended. I think that words meant to destroy are inevitably going to require some time to sink in. An insult to a superficial shortcoming or infringing on their mother's honor really doesn't even pursue the kind of lasting damage I'm hoping to inflict with something like this. I think a lot of posters have missed that; this is about someone remembering something and being hurt by it inside their own mind for years to come. I know that such things will generally require a closer understanding of a person than a prepared comeback, but you can't always be prepared for every circumstance. I want to have something truly cruel and emotionally malevolent that can leave a deep and lasting pain in a respectable number of unexpected situations.

Cnut the Great posted:

all it's really saying is that the speaker doesn't like you. so what

See, this guy gets it. A true insult is not about saying something that boils down to "I DONT LIKE YOU" or "UR UGLY" or "YOUR MOTHER IS A WHORE." I think a true insult needs to make someone feel like the world yearns to actively reject them, make them feel like the people that love them are worse for it.

Twinty Zuleps fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jan 11, 2015

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
A drunk woman told me once that my life is bullshit, and she was trashed so you know she meant it. :smith:

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
"is it in?"

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
It says so right here in your personnel file: Unlikeable. Liked by no one. A bitter, unlikeable loner whose passing shall not be mourned.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Wulfolme posted:

See, this guy gets it. A true insult is not about saying something that boils down to "I DONT LIKE YOU" or "UR UGLY" or "YOUR MOTHER IS A WHORE." I think a true insult needs to make someone feel like the world yearns to actively reject them, make them feel like the people that love them are worse for it.

You're not going to do this unless you're doing it to your child or younger brother or someone who has a reason to truly respect your opinion. You just don't matter enough to anyone else to make that kind of impact. You're just a guy who doesn't like them. By the time the average person finishes high school they've encountered several who just don't. It's part of life.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

you're human garbage and no one will ever love you, those around you merely tolerate your existence and talk poo poo behind your back constantly

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
your mother aborted the best part of you with a rusty coat hanger

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
"You're not very good at this, are you?" in just about any context.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
mods change my name to dad needed to nut

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

calling someone naughty used the be the worst possible insult. if you called someone naughty it meant that they lacked any of the positive attributes that makes a person a person. my mother called me naughty a lot

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

forgot to say she stopped because shes dead

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

lonesomedwarf posted:

forgot to say she stopped because shes dead

Your mother died ashamed of you.

spidergoats
May 20, 2001
"What's wrong with your face?"

Stick to the classics OP.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
"mother fucker"

Incrediblastic
Oct 29, 2010

I eat food.
"Everything you say about yourself is true"

W424
Oct 21, 2010
U so ugly u make my mother cry.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
double honkey

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Someone here once posted that they said to someone "I hope you have a Christmas Eve carbon monoxide leak in your home" and I thought that was pretty :drat:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Your insult is too long, OP. They'd get bored and wander away before the punchline.

Go with something snappy like "I hosed your wife."

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
*said with a positive tone, as if you're paying a compliment* you know, your posting really reminds me of 1gnorients

return0
Apr 11, 2007
personal poo poo, alright baldy, fuckin hell you look fat today, keep acting like there is a weird bad smell, do exaggerated impressions of them to highlight flaws, suggest they are weak

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
none of you idiots are ven reading this are you

is there a subforum for constuctive criticism on breaking a man's soul with a sentence

you guys are less than useless for it

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
friend of the family tranny human being

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
I once told my boss that years from now when he's sitting on the edge of his bed, collecting disability checks, he realizes the only reason he's getting any money at all is because of how useless of a human being he has become, and that the thought is what finally pushes him to put the gun under his chin and pull the trigger.

Don't know how much it affected him, but I don't care, I hope he's dead now. rear end in a top hat.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Beef Turret posted:

friend of the family tranny human being

please try to form a coherent idea before verbalizing it

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

LumpyGumby posted:

I once told my boss that years from now when he's sitting on the edge of his bed, collecting disability checks, he realizes the only reason he's getting any money at all is because of how useless of a human being he has become, and that the thought is what finally pushes him to put the gun under his chin and pull the trigger.

Don't know how much it affected him, but I don't care, I hope he's dead now. rear end in a top hat.

One time my dad heard me call him an rear end in a top hat as i walked down the hall after he said some rear end in a top hat poo poo at me for a while, he came stomping after me

i dont remember what happened next but i think he just said even more stupid rear end in a top hat poo poo for even longer

i was too big to beat with a belt anymore by that point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Wulfolme posted:

none of you idiots are ven reading this are you

you guys are less than useless for it

You're doing better. It just just goes to show that even a retard can learn a new skill if they set their feeble little minds to it.

Proud of you, buddy!

• Locked thread