Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Azuth0667 posted:

What game has the shittiest f2p system? My vote goes for ubisofts Duel of the champions or whatever they called their online Tcg.

That game actually had the best f2p of any digital card game in recent memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

To date there are 123 playable characters in league of legends, and if my tally is right it costs 95,485 RP (Real-money currency) to unlock them all. In theory (not accounting for overflow from RP bundle tiers) it would cost between $636.57 - $734.50 to buy all the characters. You could shave about $50 less if you buy the retail release/collectors character pack, and in theory you could wait and pick them up as they individually go on sale for 50% off.

You can unlock characters without spending real money through IP points earned by playing games. I've played approximately 4,600 games ( :shepface: ) over the last 4 or 5 years. I still have 13 characters left unlocked, 8 if I cashed in all my un-spent IP on the cheapest ones.

This is in a game who's main selling point is COMPETITIVE ESPORTZ, where presumably you want everyone to start on an even playing-field.

Don't forget the fact that you need to spend IP on runes, which exist only to give you ingame stat boosts that will give you a noticeable edge over players who don't have them or have lower quality ones.

So, yeah, COMPETITIVE ESPORTZ

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Shwqa posted:

Wait seriously? People constantly bitch in the hearthstone thread that LoL is the gold standard and that hearthstone is a scam. $25 unlocks an expansion that gives you many good cards. You could afford the all best decks for ballpark of $200ish range. And people that have played for over a year already have all the cards they want for free.

They're actually correct by comparison. LoL is overpriced and grindy, but not horribly painful as a free player.

• Locked thread