Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

so you did do this for attention then

let me paraphrase the mod forum from last week:
:spain: "I think I should reset a lot of GBS as it's all just megathreads and little LF fiefdoms"
:japan: "IDK dude that's going to piss people off like how when we did that in GWS that time"
:spain: "good, I'll do it when I get some free time."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy

OctoberBlues posted:

I already miss the Mt. Everest thread. :(

there will be another one soon user with similar name to mine

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Spanish Manlove posted:

:spain: "I think I should reset a lot of GBS as it's all just megathreads and little LF fiefdoms"
:japan: "IDK dude that's going to piss people off like how when we did that in GWS that time"
this whole "ill close things people like to post in that make ppl mad muahaha" is called negative attention seeking behavior and its sad. If you want people to pay attention and respond to your posts: be kind, make cool interesting posts, make some friends instead of pretending to be some petty dude pretending to be above it all whos very transparently upset all the time.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Spanish Manlove posted:

I dont believe you screencaps please?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

this whole "ill close things people like to post in that make mad muahaha" is called negative attention seeking behavior and its sad. If you want people to pay attention and respond to your posts: be kind, make cool interesting posts, make some friends instead of pretending to be some petty dude pretending to be above it all whos very transparently upset all the time.

please don't be this dense and stop reading into things to further your hateboner for anything mod related

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
i wouldnt if this wasnt like the hundredth time you've done that exact thing in threads.

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

so you did do this for attention then

To get your attention I think he likes you :3:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

i wouldnt if this wasnt like the hundredth time you've done that exact thing in threads.

Well we can agree to disagree while I make metaphors about wildfires and then you make posts about how I'm a terrible person and then we both secretly swoon at each other because

General Bort posted:

To get your attention I think he likes you :3:

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
he even calls me by my special name that he thinks is a secret after like 2 years no one else could ever know thats how i know im special.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Spanish Manlove posted:

Well we can agree to disagree while I make metaphors about wildfires and then you make posts about how I'm a terrible person and then we both secretly swoon at each other because

i never said you were a terrible person. We all make mistakes but they dont define us. We are humans we grow and change.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

he even calls me by my special name that he thinks is a secret after like 2 years no one else could ever know thats how i know im special.

it's like why you call me franco.

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot
are people actually mad about threads

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

i never said you were a terrible person. We all make mistakes but they dont define us. We are humans we grow and change.

He is though.

And you're completely right. 100% of the closed threads will be replaced, either in GBS or a subforum, just like 100% of every past megathread.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
its a good thing your avatar is a retarded kid wrestling because you sure seem to be having issues wrapping your noggin around why GBS isn't funny

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

itsgotmetoo posted:

yes

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

gbs is a snake devouring itself

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Spanish Manlove posted:

i thought spanish manlove was your joke name at first but its been a long time now so you'll be spanish from now on.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

itsgotmetoo posted:

Some people have been mildly inconvenienced for no special reason. It's about the level of annoyance one feels (or ought to feel) when someone cuts them off in traffic.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

i enjoyed several of the threads you closed and will miss reading them. I dont know how mad that makes me but ill miss them none the less.

9goats dead
Mar 25, 2010

BEAUTIFUL! GORGEOUS! EXCITING!
i am FURIOUS about this forum. and i have opinions.

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

itsgotmetoo posted:

personally? im loving furious. im making GBS threads with rage.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

i enjoyed several of the threads you closed and will miss reading them. I dont know how mad that makes me but ill miss them none the less.

And I'll continue with my wildfire analogy until you loving get the point I'm making and until then I'm going to dance around like the Riddler making condescending jokes at you until you figure out my obvious puzzle

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

itsgotmetoo posted:

Spanish Manlove's actions physically knocked me backwards and I noticeably gasped for air. Fellow posters all turned to me and I could feel my face start to burn red. My mind was racing in the seconds following his actions. I wanted so badly to smack him right across the face but I knew that wouldn’t make him understand my shock.

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

im making GBS threads so hard that poop is being forced through the denim of my pants like a sieve. like playdoh.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

francostein can you give like a couple day's notice next time or something

might ease the transition a little

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Spanish Manlove posted:

this is u 2 rit now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V_xTOZLdQs

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So you did it to spite the one guy

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I wish i had clemen's hand going up my skirt

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Like you're acting like it was this masterstroke that took a week to plan instead of the less insane less retarded I was bored and wanted to see what would happen if I did this right this second

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Oh man I have this great idea to cause some mischief but I better wait one more week to best chap this one guy's vagina

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot
hahaha, they don't even pay you for this poo poo

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Why can't people just remake the Good Threads?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Why can't people just remake the Good Threads?

Because they'd rather bitch and moan and say I'm ruining GBS

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I thought my Alzheimer's was getting worse when all the threads seemed to disappear.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Calaveron posted:

Oh man I have this great idea to cause some mischief but I better wait one more week to best chap this one guy's vagina

He said he would do it when he had more free time. We don't know how many pies this mod has fingers in. Thousands of dastardly seeds planted just waiting, like a rare flower, to bloom when the time is right.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Spanish Manlove posted:

And I'll continue with my wildfire analogy until you loving get the point I'm making and until then I'm going to dance around like the Riddler making condescending jokes at you until you figure out my obvious puzzle

like how indians would burn the underbrush of forests to clear paths and allow new vegetation to grow?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Oh man I was at work all morning just smiling to myself knowing that today was the day I would close all megathreads oh man and Clemen-sempai noticed me

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Simstim posted:

like how indians would burn the underbrush of forests to clear paths and allow new vegetation to grow?

dingdingding we have a winner

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Simstim posted:

Or putting too much air in a balloon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
the china.jpg thread was stifling the cockpicture threads

• Locked thread