Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

thank you

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
I hope this thread has more jpegs than the india thread

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
(Reposted) FUN FACTS about Chinese geography:

China is actually the same size as the United States:

code:
China:  3.705 million sq miles (9.597 million kmē)
  USA:  3.794 million sq miles (9.827 million kmē)
Diff.:  0.089 million sq miles (0.230 million kmē)
There's about one Minnesota's difference (0.086 million mi.ē / 0.225 million kmē).

In the amount of space that we have 316.1 million people, they've got 4.3x as many at 1.357 billion.

To get a visual, imagine the entire populations of Mexico (122.3 million) and Canada (35.6) entered the US. Then also all of South America (387.5), Central America (43.3), the Caribbean (39.17) and lastly Western Europe (397.5). With the entire western hemisphere and half of Europe crammed into the US, we'd be sitting at 1.341 billion.

Now visualize squeezing all them onto the East Coast. That's China:

(That red line is the 15-Inch Isohyet.)

Everything to the west of that red line gets <15 inches of rain per year, and is grassland, desert or mountain that is too cold, elevated or dry to support dense agricultural populations.

If you think of China as a veritable island...

...it's easier to rationalize why their cities are so populated and so polluted.

SICHUAN_FILEFOOTAGE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K07_FdDyDo0

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 12, 2015

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

Is this a classroom or what the gently caress??

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Quote from previous thread

quote:

Asians are really big proponents of "racial tiers" and naturally place their race on top and all others in varying positions below them.

In Korea it's generally viewed as, Koreans>Japanese>Chinese>. . . . . . . . . . . >dogs>Philippinos. . . . . . . . >refuse in ditches>Indians.

I haven't been to Japan or Korea to verify, but as it stands, I can seamlessly blend into a crowd in China or the Philippines as well as countries in SE Asia due to being mixed Chinese-Filipino.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

johnny sack posted:

gaokao probably

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
as a white man over six feet i sometimes wonder what it would be like to visit china and always see the street when walking

i wonder this because i believe all fantasies and stereotypes

nohusty
Dec 23, 2014

Ayy bb wan sum fuk?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Oldest baby with the youngest grandma

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

:stare: Are those enormous thumbs in the middle?

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

serious norman posted:

Looks like a pork leg.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

serious norman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blpe_sGnnP4

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Top City Homo posted:

as a white man over six feet i sometimes wonder what it would be like to visit china and always see the street when walking

i wonder this because i believe all fantasies and stereotypes
Just get prepared to be stared at a lot. I visited Guangzhou with a 6'4" white friend a few years back. You could tell who just moved to the city from the countryside because they'd stare agog at him as if he was a Martian, people who have lived in large cities with a foreign population for a long time tend to not give much of a poo poo, naturally. Bonus points if you can freak out locals by staring back at them when they start talking about the laowai to their friends.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

johnny sack posted:

Frog Act posted:

gaokao probably

Well that sure clears that up :confused:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

lmao doens't even know what a gaokao is check out this big)nosed laowai

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Phlegmish posted:

lmao doens't even know what a gaokao is check out this big)nosed laowai

The high nose is envied.

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
My sister dated a China man for like 6 years but I guess he cheated on her when he visited China and they just broke up so no boozy Chinese wedding for me I guess?

edit: Haha, I guess she got "cucked"

Heer98 fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 12, 2015

dimwit
Jan 30, 2011

There seems to be a misunderstanding

I'd still let her handle my meat. Even in this glorious new thread.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Croc Monster posted:

Well that sure clears that up :confused:

School entrance exams I think.

Marv Albert
May 15, 2003

China's first nuclear weapon test: a symphony of pageantry, men stroking tubes, and charging a mushroom cloud on horseback.

http://youtu.be/mULZzwtPM2U?t=30s

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

TsarZiedonis posted:

My sister dated a China man for like 6 years but I guess he cheated on her when he visited China and they just broke up so no boozy Chinese wedding for me I guess?

edit: Haha, I guess she got "cucked"

Chinese weddings are so much fun. Even guests get lucky money for coming.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

whip posted:

Chinese weddings are so much fun. Even guests get lucky money for coming.

do you also get drunk and bang a bridesmaid like at white people weddings cause if so sign me up

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Blue Train posted:

do you also get drunk and bang a bridesmaid like at white people weddings cause if so sign me up

The morning ceremony is usually at home with many rituals. The evening is the reception. Usually unlimited coke/sprite/champagne/beer.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Sashimi posted:

Just get prepared to be stared at a lot. I visited Guangzhou with a 6'4" white friend a few years back. You could tell who just moved to the city from the countryside because they'd stare agog at him as if he was a Martian, people who have lived in large cities with a foreign population for a long time tend to not give much of a poo poo, naturally. Bonus points if you can freak out locals by staring back at them when they start talking about the laowai to their friends.

finally me the center of attention -the dream

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

whip posted:

unlimited coke

dang they really know how to party

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Needs more pics of people squatting in the street taking a poo poo

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
will chinese dudes gently caress anything breathing with a vagina just wondering how desperate their male population is.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

I honestly don't understand the problem with this. Lots of places in the world sell meat like this.

Also it all looks extremely fresh.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

TOILETLORD posted:

will chinese dudes gently caress anything breathing with a vagina just wondering how desperate their male population is.

uh wut

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Chinatown posted:

I honestly don't understand the problem with this. Lots of places in the world sell meat like this.

women are touching it

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

TOILETLORD posted:

put down the russian prostitutes and the arc welder, toiletlord

this isnt the time for your harebrained moneymaking schemes

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

TOILETLORD posted:

Check out how the Japanese are dealing with an inability to shag. Body pillows, anime, comics...

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Just wanted this on the first page so all the other pages don't have to do descriptions.

Chinatown posted:

I didn't say there was a problem with it, you gotta do what you gotta do, and some of that was butchered near the end of the building there. However most of those tables are wood and are not cleaned very well and there are definite hygienic problems with selling meat this way. It doesn't matter how "fresh" your beef is if you throw it on a wooden table full of scratches, old congealed blood, surfaces that unwashed exterior parts of the animal have contacted, there's no differentiation between which animal's parts go where, etc.

China is the only place I've been where I had the shits at least once a week and I lived in Southeast Asia for two years. There are definite food hygiene issues there.

TOILETLORD posted:

I was told China recently legislated handys to not be "sex" and therefore a little JO after your massage isn't prostitution. This may not be accurate, but that has little to do with the steady massage business in China.

raton fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jan 12, 2015

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

put down the russian prostitutes and the arc welder, toiletlord

this isnt the time for your harebrained moneymaking schemes

figured lowtax could use his connections to be a troon pimp.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

TOILETLORD posted:

women are touching it

Eww, cooties!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Sheep-Goats posted:

Just wanted this on the first page so all the other pages don't have to do descriptions.

i got a pair of these so i can just saunter into the bathroom and lay down a meaty deuce hands-free and without sacrificing the warmth of clothes here in the middle of winter's chill

v helpful

• Locked thread