Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Phlegmish posted:

lmao doens't even know what a gaokao is check out this big)nosed laowai

The high nose is envied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

TsarZiedonis posted:

My sister dated a China man for like 6 years but I guess he cheated on her when he visited China and they just broke up so no boozy Chinese wedding for me I guess?

edit: Haha, I guess she got "cucked"

Chinese weddings are so much fun. Even guests get lucky money for coming.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Blue Train posted:

do you also get drunk and bang a bridesmaid like at white people weddings cause if so sign me up

The morning ceremony is usually at home with many rituals. The evening is the reception. Usually unlimited coke/sprite/champagne/beer.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
Boba milk tea and egg tart.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgk7UPzgG1I

Taiwan is beautiful.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Top City Homo posted:

actually these bullshit "chinese" medicines have been a staple in my household with my mother claiming the cure for the common cold includes soaking your feet in hot water and these loving dumb rear end cups that form hickies

its homoepathic poo poo and i cant stand it

Do you get gua sha too? My wife lives by it. Especially if you have a fever.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Top City Homo posted:

i take the bark of the willow tree commonly known as aspirin and magically the fever goes down

but you are a lucky man to have a kinky rear end wife

Some of that stuff gets crazy. She put this stuff on my skin called pangala(so) and it felt like instant fire. I couldn't wash it off.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Top City Homo posted:

i bet your wife loves BDSM

She doesn't know what that means. Also she can't pronounce V or W in order. She reverses them. Vacuum is wackuum.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
Chinese girls are pro as gently caress. Does your wife do this poo poo?

http://youtu.be/BXBFMp5FXsU

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Thank Taiwan for the best snacks.

whip fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jan 18, 2015

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Twistershift posted:

What's the fried (meat I assume) snack? It looks pretty good.

Taiwan chicken nuggets. Also called salt and pepper chicken in some places. They can make it spicy but there isn't a concept of mild. It's always painfully spicy.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Xelkelvos posted:

My dad has a recipe from his mother from China for porkchops that I've seen called "Taiwanese style" where they're fried with cornstarch and spices. There's also a shellfish I remember eating in Taiwan that resembled tiny horseshoe crabs that were deep fried. Sadly, I don't have pictures of it but they were amazingly delicious.

The Hong Kong milk tea tastes like chocolate but not so sweet. I can't find it anywhere else. It owns.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

etalian posted:

They are fairly common in the Bay Area since it has a large asian population.

I meant the flavor. There are a bazillion boba shops around. My townhome shares a lot with one. I can walk to it. Gonna get super fat.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Still eating rice though.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbiIu_EzuWk

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
I guess my wife is south. We took pictures with wine for our first wedding anniversary in June. Then she poured it down the sink afterwards.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Kulkasha posted:

Northern girl clearly better option

Yeah. Always cooking too much rice lol.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSEwnEJ3Cdg

Now. I totally understand skin care with Asian women being a big deal. My wife is constantly ordering skin care cream from everywhere. I have whitening and smoothing cream from Thailand, S Korea, China, etc. But what happens if you get bit by a mosquito there? Lol. Why all the sleeping nets?

My wife just bought Snail White. Some kind of snail goo with whitening cream.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

JaucheCharly posted:

Why nets? Every time you're about to fall asleep, they're humming next to your ear like a plane engine and when you switch on the light, they turn invisible. I'd also suppose that there's some arcane reason for the nets, like mosquitos stealing your Qi.

Btw, why whitening cream?

It's not instantly whitening. It just 'improves' the skin over time. She usually dabs it on before sleep. Wash your face with ponds whitening while showering. There is some instantly whitening creams usually I've seen used for weddings but if you don't apply it correctly and evenly you end up looking like an ashy zombie.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
Chinese New Year next month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sI0G0mkDxM

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

MrMoo posted:

Wow, I remember this from years ago and it was constantly over TV in HK, so cute. One youtube comment says 2001?

R u down?

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Davincie posted:

aren't those letters thai?

Yes. 2 album types. Chinese and Thai. But some songs are Chinese on the Thai ver.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Davincie posted:

you better give me my secret santa gift before you die

Me?

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Tuxedo Gin posted:

$50,000 is a loving bargain in Chinese terms. My understanding is that most guys are finding that a woman won't even consider marrying him if he doesn't already own a house and other poo poo.

Or have a bachelors degree.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

How do you go to school 15 hours a day 90+ hours a week and still have to cheat on everything you do? No, wait don't tell me.

Millions competition.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Lol. Even places here have Chinese folks in doctor jackets peddling supplements but they never try hard or tell people things this outrageous. One supplement has a picture of Ryu and Chun-Li from street fighter that's meant to help with sexual desire. I'll have to take a picture of it.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Gorilla Salad posted:

Why do doctors make interns work 100 hour weeks in hospitals even though it puts patents' lives at risk? Because if I did it, they have to, too. Made me the man I am today. *spit*

Haha. The amount of clinical time for even low medical positions in America is astronomical.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
Read Chinese Playground to see the horrors of gangster family.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
Xin nian kuai le so late~

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

JaucheCharly posted:

I have no idea how chinese food outside of a restaurant that caters to the white man's taste tastes, but this looks good. Why are there no dumplings?

More food was being prepared. Coconut and banana zongzi platter also.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
Most fast food Chinese places in America are awful. But legit restaurants can be skillful. Sometimes they'll put pieces of pork in battered chicken pieces and so on to cut costs. When you're eating and not paying attention it almost tastes the same. :lol:

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Professor Shark posted:

How many places have banned Chinese people or have seperate signage for Chinese people because of them making GBS threads everywhere?

They don't specify what race but.. it's primarily Korean/Chinese so. We have a swaminarayan hindu temple here with signs forbidding urinating in the outdoor scenic pool filled by stone elephant trunks. There are agent style arabic looking guys with glasses and suits standing at the steps like a praying mantis looking for tourists to pounce on for touching any of the statues while posting with pictures.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

mikerock posted:

so china is like north korea on steroids?

"A calf does not know to play with a young tiger."

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
http://youtu.be/CKjaFG4YN6g

Is this why the Chinese despise Japanese.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
You guys should try Weibo. It's so cool.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Sheep-Goats posted:

It's not racism because Taiwan and Hong Kong are okay, okay.

Try to buy baby food in HK and not speak Cantonese. People get pretty angry.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
https://www.yahoo.com/news/no-blacks-chinese-restaurant-shut-down-kenya-082940084.html :lol:

This actually happened in Africa :ironicat:

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Tusen Takk posted:

the U.S. has more culture than China and while it may be bad and based on pop culture at least it isn't based on misguided and or flat out wrong beliefs

Pardon me but DUANG!~

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Girl's Generation x Rey Mysterio x Harvest Moon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

spankmeister posted:

I ahve to say that the origin of the "do not want" meme makes more sense now.

I can't get Duang out of my mind. Duang!~

• Locked thread