Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
as a white man over six feet i sometimes wonder what it would be like to visit china and always see the street when walking

i wonder this because i believe all fantasies and stereotypes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Sashimi posted:

Just get prepared to be stared at a lot. I visited Guangzhou with a 6'4" white friend a few years back. You could tell who just moved to the city from the countryside because they'd stare agog at him as if he was a Martian, people who have lived in large cities with a foreign population for a long time tend to not give much of a poo poo, naturally. Bonus points if you can freak out locals by staring back at them when they start talking about the laowai to their friends.

finally me the center of attention -the dream

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Opposite posted:

That is actually awesome. Those skin suckers (dunno how they're called in English) act as a vacuum pump upon the skin, improving the blood and lymph flow in the area. The muscles relax and the inflammation within the body is reduced. It's said that the toxins inside the blood are accumulated in the sucked areas which contributes to reducing the symptoms and the pain in the body.

According to the nature of the disease, the suckers are applied on the back, especially in the lungs area, on the shoulders, knees, hips, thighs and legs and basically where there is any skin surface on which the suckers can adhere. They are kept for 10-15 minutes after they're easily removed by pressing the skin on the side of each sucker. The suction cups can be used along with acupuncture with the needle placed under the cup.

The treatment is not painful but causes bruises that last for about a week.

The advantages include strengthening the immune system, improves the blood flow, eliminates toxines, relaxes the nervous system and the muscles, reduces and eliminates pain and the inflammation, eliminates fat deposits from under the skin (including cellulitis).

actually these bullshit "chinese" medicines have been a staple in my household with my mother claiming the cure for the common cold includes soaking your feet in hot water and these loving dumb rear end cups that form hickies

its homoepathic poo poo and i cant stand it

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

there is a difference between homeopathy and traditional medicine and i see a lot of people conflating the two

trad medicine is when old-timey cures like tiger's horn or long-rear end needles in your butt or a tincture of rat liver is used to cure pneumonia/cancer/etc

homeopathy is a weird branch of pseudoscience that claims that the body naturally heals itself of everything as long as you introduce the harmful thing in tiny quantities. james randi did an informative video on it a while back, basically if you are poisoned by lead, the homeopathic cure is to take lead, dilute it into water so much that it is literally less than 1part per billion, then consume that dilution and it will cure the lead poisoning

homeopathy is like 10x crazier than most trad medicines, because the average traditional stuff is like "consume hot soup and drink lots of water and cram this powder up your bum" and at least one of those things is helping so its not all bad.

its all bullshit witchcraft

whip posted:

Do you get gua sha too? My wife lives by it. Especially if you have a fever.

i take the bark of the willow tree commonly known as aspirin and magically the fever goes down

but you are a lucky man to have a kinky rear end wife

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

whip posted:

Some of that stuff gets crazy. She put this stuff on my skin called pangala(so) and it felt like instant fire. I couldn't wash it off.

i bet your wife loves BDSM

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Loqieu posted:

My wife is always complaining about feeling ill because she's 'yeet hay'. It really makes dinner annoying as hell.

Also I get sick because according to her I stay up too late and don't wear enough sweaters. Totally not because I was around my nephew who had a cold....

dont you know cold air causes the common cold

thats why its called teh common cold :rolleyes:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

whip posted:

She doesn't know what that means. Also she can't pronounce V or W in order. She reverses them. Vacuum is wackuum.

if she beats herself with reeds for "medical purposes" she will like bdsm

whip posted:

Chinese girls are pro as gently caress. Does your wife do this poo poo?

http://youtu.be/BXBFMp5FXsU

woah

shes tiny

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

ded posted:

I took those pics about a week after China announced the several week quarantine. We landed in Shanghai a day after my daughter broke a 100 fever, thankfully the motrin brought it down and we didn't waste the whole trip.

should have used big ol heated jugs and bled her to cure her faster

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

FizFashizzle posted:

Almost ten years ago there was all this hype about the first entirely designed and produced Chinese car that was ready to hit the market. It was loving hideous but the price was going to be alright, provided they could just show they cared about crash safety....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5SRyG6UR2A

Anyway the chinese government screamed the germans rigged the tests then sold all the cars to god knows where.

imo this is an environmentally socially positive car.

1.) it kills bad drivers taking them off the road or making them drive more cautiously
2.) the car compacts itself into a easy to handle cube for easy recycling

China Public Relations I am available for full time

TIA

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Sheep-Goats posted:

Can I convert the engine to run on gutter oil?

of course our engines are all refurbished lawnmower turbocharged diesel

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Cuatal posted:

Most people have dashcams in China because a lot of people make a career out of jumping onto people's cars, slamming their heads and whatever else they can into the windshield, then calling the cops and saying they were hit. There's videos of this around if you look a little bit.

Also, an actual judge in the Chinese supreme court ruled that the only people that would help someone who was hurt on the road or anywhere else is the person that hurt them, which is one of the reasons Chinese people will walk by a dying person in the street, since there are also people that will pretend they're hurt and have cut themselves with knives or whatever and lie around hoping someone helps them, so they can call the cops and say the person who helped was the one who stabbed them or whatever.

I'd imagine there are other countries where people do that sort of thing, but I don't know.

Russia

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
any news on whats being done about the Blade Runner like pollution in china?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Bhodi posted:

Well, you have terraforming unintended consequences and a complete lack of biodiversity because it's just a single type of fast-growing non-native tree. Basically known reforestation concerns that were identified and mitigated decades ago by responsible forestry departments but in the normal Chinese spirit they're just going to plow ahead with the plan even though the results are uncertain.

I can tell you that a quarter of the trees I saw in Lhasa were dead or dying because they're using it to try and make the river more consistent but the drat thing expands and contracts like the nile. All the trees in that pic were in a grid, the empty spaces are where the trees have been washed away.

The first article talks about their reclamation efforts elsewhere which don't seem to be doing too well, either:

tl;dr: Yep. And doesn't work. And they've been trying the same thing for 60 years.

The actually learned and finally started trying out permaculture like the in the Loess Valley which was restored from a tundra to a lush food producing valley.

if anyone is interested its a good documentary about what happens when you do land reclamation right

this is the loess valley before relcamattion

and after

Top City Homo fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jan 18, 2015

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Chungking Mansions

the cyberpunkish marketplace where you can buy anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Now I own a factory
back in the country of chinee
Near Acid lakes my workers toil
On the edge of mortal coil
Lead based good they make to sell
Worker life is worse than hell
When the factory collapses
I'll flee again and pay no taxes
Living life as a "refugee"
in the country of the free

(here is something i whippled up just for laughs)

• Locked thread