Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug

Mak0rz posted:

a diverse cast with wocs and a female protagonist makes it objectively good regardless of writing and cinematic quality you see

The less the Legend of Zelda show can be about the Legend of Zelda and the more it can be about modern social justice issues the better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Smoking_Dragon posted:

The less the Legend of Zelda show can be about the Legend of Zelda and the more it can be about modern social justice issues the better!

hey! excuuuuuse me, princess!

E: real talk: horny egotistical and probably-rapist link from the cartoon is best link

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Bro Dad posted:

Lisa Simpson and Daria Morgendorffer met by way of an alumni group through their mutual alma mater: Smith College. Once, after the Feminism & Media conference, they had one too many cocktails and ended up kissing in a Marriott Hotel hallway, but no weirdness ensued. Their shared love of dismantling patriarchy, smashing mainstream beauty standards, and using their middleclass, cisgender, heterosexual, white girl privilege to gently caress poo poo up from inside was strong enough to push past the awkward aftermath. Morgendorffer works as a writing instructor with San Francisco’s 826 Valencia and Simpson is a women’s studies professor at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. In their free time, they collaborate on their zine Cat Fancy. Both women are still processing what they learned from #solidarityisforwhitewomen.

Lisa is yellow.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Paladinus posted:

Lisa is yellow.

dental plan

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Smoking_Dragon posted:

Just take a bunch of rejected Sherlock scripts and squeeze Benedict Cumberbatch into some cosplayer's sweat-stained green tunic. If you have your binoculars at hand, you'll be able to watch Kelly Slater catching sick waves off all the resulting sploosh.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

this probably happened already

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

happyhippy posted:

gently caress Lisa becoming a scientist or president that she wants to be. Something that would be a positive for femenism
She should waste all those A's and become an unemployable full on man hating fatty so that I can fantasize to while masturbating.

Yes.

Bro Dad posted:

Lisa Simpson and Daria Morgendorffer met by way of an alumni group through their mutual alma mater: Smith College. Once, after the Feminism & Media conference, they had one too many cocktails and ended up kissing in a Marriott Hotel hallway, but no weirdness ensued. Their shared love of dismantling patriarchy, smashing mainstream beauty standards, and using their middleclass, cisgender, heterosexual, white girl privilege to gently caress poo poo up from inside was strong enough to push past the awkward aftermath. Morgendorffer works as a writing instructor with San Francisco’s 826 Valencia and Simpson is a women’s studies professor at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. In their free time, they collaborate on their zine Cat Fancy. Both women are still processing what they learned from #solidarityisforwhitewomen.

YES.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

any bright ambitious young girl would want to become a sadbrains women's studies major with an indeterminate genderblob for a partner

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Smoking_Dragon posted:

happyhippy posted:

gently caress Lisa becoming a scientist or president that she wants to be. Something that would be a positive for femenism
She should waste all those A's and become an unemployable full on man hating fatty so that I can fantasize to while masturbating.

It bugs me sometimes how social justice needs to be shoehorned into absolutely everything and I'm really uncomfortable with how GamerGatey that makes me feel but this is Hellthread material sooooo

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Paladinus posted:

Lisa is yellow.

That's just the Simpsons version of white though.

And they pretty much ruined most of that stuff with Daria by sending her to a fictional college, of course I guess there's still always HEAD CANON.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Bro Dad posted:

do you have the one with dora the explorer wearing the "queer fems" shirt and her brother coming out as undocumented

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

IronicDongz posted:

after living in MN for years I have met endless amounts of people like that and I wish they would all be force-fed a habanero at least once in their life

if you can't even deal with like, at least jalapeños, how do you even live as a human being on this green earth. what do you loving eat
As someone currently living in MN I see this a lot and I don't loving understand it at all. I saw one guy buying a quart of milk and loving crying because the burgers they had on sample had a tiny bit of jalapeno jack cheese ground up in it. My roommate has family who thinks that black pepper is too goddamn spicy! :psypop:

Like holy crap I spent much of my life in upper MI surrounded by Finns and they have a higher spice tolerance.

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

loquacius posted:

It bugs me sometimes how social justice needs to be shoehorned into absolutely everything and I'm really uncomfortable with how GamerGatey that makes me feel but this is Hellthread material sooooo

its stupid and it instantly cheapens whatever its attached to unless it has a compelling reason to exist within the narrative. its basically poochie except instead of a talking surfer dog its eternal gender war.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
This thread is best when it's making fun of stupid teenagers.

Plot twist, the poster is one of those fictive/system people and they are under 18.

IcedPee
Jan 11, 2008

Yarrrr! I be here to plunder the fun outta me workplace! Avast!

FREE DECAHEDRON!
Ugh. So now the internet has learned the word "gaslighting" and now has proceeded to misuse it and pretty much destroy any meaning it did have. Hooray.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

IcedPee posted:

Ugh. So now the internet has learned the word "gaslighting" and now has proceeded to misuse it and pretty much destroy any meaning it did have. Hooray.

Well yeah, why would it treat that term differently than it treats every other one?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Wonder if Tumblr in general would benefit from a language like Smurf where arbitrary words are replaced, expcet they would never agree on a word

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

This is kinda hellthread but someone find that chatlog with brianna wu and that lady who is begging her for retweets or whatever

It has this part where wu is like "you're overreacting" and she's all "omg stop gaslighting me"

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Every time tumblr alters its layout, people complain about how it triggers them because their plethora of mental illnesses tender it difficult to cope with their one "safe space" looking different.

If these people lived 200 years ago there's no loving way they'd last

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Pepper chat: I put a fair shake of this Moruga Scorpion sauce I have into my last batch of chili and it was so good. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinidad_moruga_scorpion

I need to get some seeds this spring and grow my own.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

also

Do not tell this person that they are using "gaslighting" wrong, because that would be mansplaining :shepface:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Kimmalah posted:

That's just the Simpsons version of white though.

And they pretty much ruined most of that stuff with Daria by sending her to a fictional college, of course I guess there's still always HEAD CANON.

It's weird that normal looking Bart isn't overweight like Simpsons style Bart

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Tired Moritz posted:

This thread is best when it's making fun of stupid teenagers.

Plot twist, the poster is one of those fictive/system people and they are under 18.
It is literally dimming gas-fueled lamps in order to confuse them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Ok doing my part to keep Whislers =^.^= from becoming just a megathread dumping ground.

If someone wants to continue this topic, make a new thread :dings:

• Locked thread