Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

heres one I just formulated:

once you're past the age of 30, the amount of sex you'll have with 18-25 year old partners becomes directly proportional to the amount of money you can give them

getting old is pretty hosed up is also a statistic I learned from this research

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
if you live long enough as a man, you're virtually GUARANTEED to get prostate cancer

most won't die of it, but it's there

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
it would be pretty good if GBS was the only form of peer review that existed for any kind of research papers / theses

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Quickscope420dad posted:

it would be pretty good if GBS was the only form of peer review that existed for any kind of research papers / theses

lol if you think you're methodlogy sound

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Cantorsdust posted:

if you live long enough as a man, you're virtually GUARANTEED to get prostate cancer

My dad also said this. I thought it was just an excuse for taking fingers up the rear end, but then he caught his cancer when it was the size of a pinhead.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drunk Nerds posted:

My dad also said this. I thought it was just an excuse for taking fingers up the rear end, but then he caught his cancer when it was the size of a pinhead.

an excuse to use his kids as finger puppets...

or sound medical advice :raise:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Cantorsdust posted:

this is why i jerk off daily, like 4 times a day

7 if i'm really trying

archerb
Mar 3, 2005

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Cool picture and a valid statistic. I like it!

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Last couple of times I've gone to doctor I've asked about getting a prostate exam

He says I'm too young and what's the rush

I'm not going to be able to keep the wristwatch up there much longer

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
one is the loneliest number

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
makes you wonder if the holidays are worth it

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
According to S. Lammers and A. Verhey, some 80 percent of Americans will ultimately die not in their home, but in a total institution. A total institution is a place of work and residence where a great number of similarly situated people, cut off from the wider community for a considerable time, together lead an enclosed, formally administered round of life.[1]

Tevryr
Dec 5, 2009

Volume posted:

that rules

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

Volume posted:

skewed Y axises are the worst thing ever., oh look at this set of data that varies by 1%, but if i start the graph at 500 look at how CRAAAZY things are.

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf

Beef Turret posted:

According to S. Lammers and A. Verhey, some 80 percent of Americans will ultimately die not in their home, but in a total institution. A total institution is a place of work and residence where a great number of similarly situated people, cut off from the wider community for a considerable time, together lead an enclosed, formally administered round of life.[1]

So, like a club? That doesn't sound so bad!

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

John Denver Hoxha posted:

one is the loneliest number

two can be as bad as one

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

one in two people will go through life as a woman, never knowing the sensation of having a boner

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

if you're over 30, there are twice as many humans now as there were when your parents were born

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Stoat posted:

one in two people will go through life as a woman, never knowing the sensation of having a boner

no joke zone:

i wish that at, like, 20 i had a one year trial program to use a real, organic vag and at the end of the year decide if i wanted to re-up or go back to a dick

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

MegaGatts posted:

two can be as bad as one

Three is the perfect number.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

The Rage posted:

heres one I just formulated:

once you're past the age of 30, the amount of sex you'll have with 18-25 year old partners becomes directly proportional to the amount of money you can give them

getting old is pretty hosed up is also a statistic I learned from this research

But that's true when you're 18-25 as well tho?

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Marvin Freeman posted:

So, like a club? That doesn't sound so bad!

Total institutions are divided by Goffman into five different types:[3][9]

1. institutions established to care for people felt to be both harmless and incapable: orphanages, poor houses and nursing homes.
2. places established to care for people felt to be incapable of looking after themselves and a threat to the community, albeit an unintended one: leprosariums, mental hospitals, and tuberculosis sanitariums.
3. institutions organised to protect the community against what are felt to be intentional dangers to it, with the welfare of the people thus sequestered not the immediate issue: concentration camps, P.O.W. camps, penitentiaries, and jails.
4. institutions purportedly established to better pursue some worklike tasks and justifying themselves only on these instrumental grounds: colonial compounds, work camps, boarding schools, ships, army barracks, and large mansions from the point of view of those who live in the servants' quarters.
5. establishments designed as retreats from the world even while often serving also as training stations for the religious; examples are convents, abbeys, monasteries, and other cloisters.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
100% of gbs posters are gay

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Broenheim posted:

100% of gbs posters are gay

very meta

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

donkey salami posted:

Last couple of times I've gone to doctor I've asked about getting a prostate exam

He says I'm too young and what's the rush

I'm not going to be able to keep the wristwatch up there much longer

I do this, squeezing my rectal tissue to beep out the lyrics to Slipknot songs in morse code

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
the more country music radio stations there are, the greater the suicide rate

http://comp.uark.edu/~ches/CountryMusic_Suicide.pdf

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
TIL 36% of asians aren't capable of penetration.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
.3% of men want to chop their dicks off

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

BuckarooBanzai posted:

But that's true when you're 18-25 as well tho?

nah because at that point you also have alcohol/a better body/shared experience to potentially jump start random sex sessions

once you clear 30 its $30 an hour, minimum, thats a law

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

The Rage posted:

nah because at that point you also have alcohol/a better body/shared experience to potentially jump start random sex sessions

once you clear 30 its $30 an hour, minimum, thats a law

I'm 30 and in the best shape of my life, and the young ladies at the gym love it, so... you're wrong.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I'm 30 and in the best shape of my life, and the young ladies at the gym love it, so... you're wrong.

because you remind them of their dad and his money

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Jimong5 posted:

skewed Y axises are the worst thing ever., oh look at this set of data that varies by 1%, but if i start the graph at 500 look at how CRAAAZY things are.

it's not skewed. it correctly demonstrates correlation. that website is called "spurious correlations" and it automatically data mines thousands of different sources of data to find unrelated correlations

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

The Rage posted:

because you remind them of their dad and his money

Weird if they blow their dad like this, but ok.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Concerned Citizen posted:

it's not skewed. it correctly demonstrates correlation. that website is called "spurious correlations" and it automatically data mines thousands of different sources of data to find unrelated correlations

So as margarine use in the US goes down, divorce rate in Maine also lowers? huh. Imagine that.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tiny Lowtax posted:

So as margarine use in the US goes down, divorce rate in Maine also lowers? huh. Imagine that.

Less "she's a fatty" divorce reasons

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

Concerned Citizen posted:

It makes the lines line up, but it's not completely truthful. If you plotted those same sets on a 0 axis they would have a similar curvature, but not be directly on top of each other like that graph shows.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Jimong5 posted:

It makes the lines line up, but it's not completely truthful. If you plotted those same sets on a 0 axis they would have a similar curvature, but not be directly on top of each other like that graph shows.

yes because the point of the graph is to demonstrate correlation. god

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Every Big Gulp has a bottom, every rose has its thorn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

• Locked thread