Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
This is just a thread to find guys who care about you. Hopefully someday, you'll wake up and see that your true love has been right in front of your eyes this whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

i need to borrow aprinter

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

female seeking single male to listen to her complain about her current boyfriend; respond at illfuckanyonebutyou@yahoo.com

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm a nice guy

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
god, why do i always fall for jerks :cry:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im a jerk jock with a sweet car

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
its two camaros side by side that i drive at the same time using a system of pulleys and levers connecting the steering wheels

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

whoflungpoop posted:

god, why do i always fall for jerks :cry:

m'lady

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
fine you stupid vapid cunts. have fun being some jerk's cum dumpster you ungrateful sluts

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Gaunab posted:

fine you stupid vapid cunts. have fun being some jerk's cum dumpster you ungrateful sluts

not very nice imho

never seen again
Jan 25, 2008
*always buys his friends a small but thoughtful gift for their birthday*

*doesn't get mad when people forget his birthday*

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
*drives into thread in a trans-am blasting AC/DC, fucks OP's crush*

You still respect her, right?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

BeefThief posted:

i need to borrow aprinter

*stares at the horrific sight of panties on the bed*

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
I actually really am a nice guy, just not a Nice Guy. Humbleness is not one of my virtues though.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
your nice... nicely ugly ahahahagahahaha

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

ilikedirt posted:

your nice... nicely ugly ahahahagahahaha

now you're getting it :hfive:

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
Nice guys, more like boring guys, weak guys, spooky guys

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
gently caress all of you

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Whyyyyy won't you let me manipulate you into taking my v-card?! I even wore my imported Italian fedora! Bask in my class as I recite the poem I made about the first time I met you in class, you need to believe me that love at first sight is real!

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Broenheim posted:

gently caress all of you

but that's the problem! :cry:

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

i wish i could meet a nice guy like you

*fucks Marine*

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
You have really pretty eyes... *blushes* *fidgets* *is 27 years old*

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm a nice guy

Would you like to be my platonic best friend who secretly resents me for dating guys actually brave enough to ask?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
My wrist has cramped up from writing all of these ultimatums

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I'm probably the nicest fella in this forum :colbert:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm a SWAGFAG come to take your women.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

No mom you don't understand, I need the printer and I need it NOW!

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

Ugh, I should have put on deodorant before I left. Hope the sweat stains don't show through my cherished sonic the hedgehog shirt.

No matter, I'ma get so much hoverhand tonight it's gonna be sick.

Murcor
Dec 1, 2007

It's a hell of a thing
I'm a nice guy, I'll even spot you during bench! Touch these guns bro, all natural.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
I'm here to listen to you. What's wrong? It's ok, it doesn't bother me.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

whoflungpoop posted:

i wish i could meet a nice guy like you

*fucks Marine*

we need to talk outside :(

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Hello ladies.

For the past several years I've been hitting the gym in order to carry all your printers, no matter how far. Just look at these guns *flexes* I'll even carry your office xerox machine. My shoulders are wide enough for you and your best friend to cry on, and I can beat up each and every boyfriend you ever dated at the same time.

How's that for being loving nice? :smuggo:

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot
how many pussy points do you cost?

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

i'm gonna stop being a nice guy and start acting like an rear end in a top hat, i bet that will make those stupid whores want to gently caress me

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I think you’re lying, because my desire to believe that nerds are balls of pure goodness oppressed by 80s-style cartoonish jock villains cannot countenance the idea that nerd men could ever do anything wrong, ever. Never mind that the movie epitomizing the nerd/jock dichotomy I lean heavily on features a nerd raping a woman in an act of revenge, which is treated like a triumph instead of an act of violence.
Despite saying he’s steeped in feminist discourse, you will find that the only feminist whose name he appears to remember is Andrea Dworkin’s, i.e. a woman modern day feminists reference rarely (if ever) but misogynists tend to obsess over because they want her to be the spokeswoman for feminism.
Having to explain my suffering to women when they should already be there, mopping my brow and offering me beers and blow jobs, is so tiresome.
This is a critical passage, because it really lays out his thesis: That fear of rejection is a male-only experience, and one that is so awful that any suffering women have endured through history is a mere pittance compared to it. The possibility that women want love and attention and worry about being humiliated and denied simply has never occurred to him. I have some theories as to why.
I was too busy JAQ-ing off, throwing tantrums, and making sure the chip on my shoulder was felt by everyone in the room to be bothered to do something like listen.
I believe that women and gay men do not experience either sexual desire or fear of rejection, mostly because I haven’t considered the possibility that people not exactly like me have internal lives and desires of their own.
I skimmed through feminist literature and got angry when I realized that they were going to spend all their time yapping about women’s problems, instead of getting onto the real problem that they, as women, are obligated to solve. Which is how to get someone to touch my cock without making me work at it.
Unwilling to actually do the work required to address my social anxiety—much less actually improve my game—I decided that it would be easier to indulge a conspiracy theory where all the women in the world, led by evil feminists, are teaching each other not to gently caress me. Because bitches, yo.
There are many women out there who are also crippled by social anxieties who would prefer to hide in their hobbies and interests. The difference is a) they can’t blame the entire opposite sex instead of themselves for their mental health issues and b) when they actually try to turn those interests and hobbies into professions, they are told by various social forces, both explicitly and implicitly, that their femaleness means they will always be second-rate at best. Being able to hide in mathematics is, in fact, a privilege, because it is one that has long been and continues in many ways, denied to women.
I’m not a doctor, but I can imagine that it’s nearly impossible to help someone who is more interested in blaming his testicles, feminism, women generally, or the world for his mental health problems than to actually settle down and get to work at getting better. Perhaps actual therapists might want to weigh in on how you handle cases like this.
This is a common theme: He isn’t failing himself. Women are failing him by not showing up naked in his bed, unbidden.
It’s unfair that I can’t just go to the wife store and buy the latest model.
I have no doubt that men who spend their dates flirting with women instead of demanding that the answer for something Andrea Dworkin wrote 35 years ago do, in fact, get laid more. What’s interesting is Aaronson doesn’t seem to grasp that some of that rear end-grabbery might be, you know, consensual. Because that would be admitting that women have sexual desires like he does, as opposed to being sex-dispensing machines who have been broken by feminism and their own inherent female wrongness.
I’ve completely absorbed the idea that dating nerds hurts your social status, so I only pay attention to women I have nothing in common with while turning my nose up to women who share my interests. When those women inevitably reject me, I refuse to accept that it might be because they don’t share my interests, but instead choose to believe that it’s because they are fundamentally broken and therefore must be attracted to men who are bad for them. I categorically refuse to accept that any of my romantic rivals might actually be okay guys. I also categorically refuse to accept that women have a right to have sex with who they want instead of dole pussy out like it’s gold stars for getting good grades.
I wouldn’t call it hidden. And it’s entirely possible that said “Neanderthals” are not acting entitled but are flirting and trying to impress women they’re interested in, which suggests that they understand that they aren’t owed but that women should have to want it, too.
In other words, his problem was not feminism or women, but his crippling unwillingness to put himself out there. When he got over that a little and actually started to interact with women, he discovered that they were not actually the man-hating hell beasts he believed.
However, he continues to be unwilling to believe that he was the one with a problem, and prefers to believe that it’s women and feminists in particular that are out to get him. He is utterly unwilling to accept that what happened was he overcame a personal problem and instead imagines that he defeated a cabal of man-hating feminists that exist only in his mind.
The eternal struggle of the sexist: Objective reality suggests that women are people, but the heart wants to believe they are a robot army put here for sexual service and housework.
While continuing to build your social and sexual identity around this specific conspiracy theory.
I say that women aren’t to blame, but look at them! They gently caress men who aren’t me. Clearly they are screwing up.
I reluctantly claim to believe women are equal, but clearly I believe they are a bunch of bitches who have denied me. Denied me.
You can have the vote, I guess. But you are failures for not loving me.
The notion that women respond with enthusiasm to having someone sexually assault them will not be moved by any number of Hollaback videos. He needs to believe that women did not gently caress him not because of anything he did, but because women are fundamentally broken, as a gender. No evidence otherwise will penetrate.
We deserve all the pussy cookies and you women, being broken, keep failing to provide the pity fucks we have earned by pretending, badly, not to hate you.
He’s not equating them. He’s definitely suggesting that having to learn to speak to women instead of having naked women show up in your bed by magic is worse than being raped. You know, because people pity you if you’ve been raped. They may even pity gently caress you, which is clearly all he ever wanted.
He really has a problem with women reacting normally to objective facts about the world, doesn’t he?
I am not buying the argument that his mind was ever actually open to hearing from women about their experiences, lest that disturb his belief that we never suffer rejection, anxiety, or fear.
Despite my claim to be afraid of women, I feel powerful enough around women to decree whether or not a woman’s response is acceptable or not, based strictly on how much it flatters me.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i'm not that nice

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Im baked beans

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Person X: Hey man, are you going to ask out Dream Girl to the Prom?

Nice Guy: I don't know, I'm not sure if she's interested in me.

2 days later

Person X: Hey, did you ever ask Dream Girl out?

Nice Guy: No, she's dating some douche bag now, I'll just bide my time.

2 weeks later

Person X: Dude, Dream Girl's available, are you going to ask her out?

Nice Guy: Yup, just waiting for the right moment. Just kind of busy with college and stuff.

2 months later

Person X: So Dream Girl's now dating Frat Guy, why didn't you do anything?

Nice Guy: Just didn't have a chance. I don't think she's in to me anyways.

Person X: Well she seems pretty into Frat Guy, maybe you should think about dating someone else?

Nice Guy: No, she is my waifu and one true love. I'll just wait and they will totally break up.

2 years later

Person X: So they're getting married.

Nice Guy: Divorce rate is over 50%, she'll be available again any moment.

20 years later

Person X: Hey it's the big reunion, you got a date?

Nice Guy: Nah man, Dream Girl's going to be there. At last I'll have my chance.

Person X: She's been married happily for 20 years, they have like 3 kids.

Nice Guy: Urgh... welp it's true, nice guys finish last.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
No no, no trouble at all, really.

AFTER ALL THAT I HAVE DONE FOR YOU!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

"3D printers are superior to paper printers"

• Locked thread