Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Texas friends: name the worst places in the country to live. I'll start.

Florida.

Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Arizona

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

hemophilia posted:

It involves prickly pear for real, which is why its a bitch to find. I only ever find them in the sampler 12 cases

the worst day of my life was buying an abida sampler, for the 2 bottles of purple haze. One of the two was completely empty with the cap screwed back on

Worst day of my life

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
oklahoma, kansas, nebraska, the dakotas, utah

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

blugu64 posted:

I'd also request we ban anyone in any Colorado or New Mexico thread that disputes the validity of our claims on them.

Lol those states don't have threads

SUBLIME!
Mar 7, 2009

my quiver is full~
central texas (killeen/belton) checking in with rampant multiculturalism.

this is our theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWjnP63TvKs

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Texas friends: name the worst places in the country to live. I'll start.

Florida.

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee

Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

hemophilia posted:

Also Gnarly can we have a rule against anti texas poo poo posters here? Being a thick skinned Texan who brushed off their bullshit is fine for me but i feel like desecrating this great state in a thread for it should not be allowed.

Some people only feel good about themselves when they go out of their way to bash something someone else likes. I think we're providing a therapeutic service for them.

MeaningOfLife
Nov 30, 2001

:staredog: <(I can tell you that it is NOT '42'.)
Another cold butt day here in Houston. Curse you God!

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

lol most of these jokers have probably never even set foot in the great state of texas

50 reasons why texas is the best state

#1-50 gently caress you

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

To be fair, 90% of texas is poo poo and I wouldn't want to live there.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

oh god no

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
The Cowboys were robbed yesterday of a victory. It was a catch! drat jealous officials who can't stand the fact they weren't born in the Mighty Texas State!

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

To be fair, 90% of texas is poo poo and I wouldn't want to live there.

That's not fair

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Any state with an establishment that greets you with a pretty girl saying "Welcome to Redneck Heaven! Y'all can sit wherever you like but mah face is taken!" Is good by me.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Tony Homo posted:

The Cowboys were robbed yesterday of a victory. It was a catch! drat jealous officials who can't stand the fact they weren't born in the Mighty Texas State!

live by the flag die by the flag

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

West texas is the weakest part of Texas, but it's still better than most states. Once we get rid of the rattlesnakes except for a few token ones and develop it and put stuff in it(dont pretend the urban sprawl monster wont get there eventually), there will be no weak libks, ezcept houston

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

hemophilia posted:

there will be no weak libks, ezcept houston

your logic is as good as your spelling

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

nucleicmaxid posted:

your logic is as good as your spelling

Im phone posting and the keyboard layout and sensitivity is such that i typo a lot and sometimes its just not worth correcting. So suvk it retarf

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Question. What if we import some critters from Australia to Texas? To enhance the reputation of masculinity. A couple funnel spiders, etc.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
i got a speeding ticket outside cut and shoot, texas because your highways turn into 25 mph village main streets over blind hills it's terrible, your state is terrible

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Gatts posted:

Question. What if we import some critters from Australia to Texas? To enhance the reputation of masculinity. A couple funnel spiders, etc.

We've already got cougars, wolves, rattlesnakes, copperheads, water moccasins, javelinas, wild pigs, coyotes, alligators, bobcats, black widows, brown recluses, and probably a few things I've forgotten. I think we're good.

Stoic Commie posted:

i got a speeding ticket outside cut and shoot, texas because your highways turn into 25 mph village main streets over blind hills it's terrible, your state is terrible

Small towns are terrible everywhere.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

nucleicmaxid posted:

Small towns are terrible everywhere.

unrelated, but true

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Coyotes are cowardly bastards who ate my cat :(

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

blugu64 posted:

Coyotes are cowardly bastards who ate my cat :(

I'm sorry about you're cat, but at least it died a hero's death.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

West Texas has big bend which is our best nature

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

nucleicmaxid posted:

We've already got cougars, wolves, rattlesnakes, copperheads, water moccasins, javelinas, wild pigs, coyotes, alligators, bobcats, black widows, brown recluses, and probably a few things I've forgotten. I think we're good.

Chupacabra

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

gnarlyhotep posted:

Welcome to the new Texas chat thread. Pull up a barstool and do some cussin and discussin.
New thread, huh skippy?

*ahem*

:siren:Suck it, Texas:siren:

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
northern california is beautiful but all the nuts roll down from Oregon

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Benny the Snake posted:

New thread, huh skippy?

*ahem*

:siren:Suck it, Texas:siren:

good job Benny

good job

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

SUBLIME! posted:

central texas (killeen/belton) checking in with rampant multiculturalism.

this is our theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWjnP63TvKs

These small town rappers are great and by great I mean awful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Eiu1b1BwuA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NinsuFNLpXE

texaholic fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jan 12, 2015

Barn Door
Mar 6, 2007

shut the fuck up charles

texaholic posted:

These small town rappers are great and by great I mean awful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjaSdlFkIm0

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

gnarlyhotep posted:

good job Benny

good job

Shiiiit. Didn't even realize that was the infamous Benny. Did he let his e/n thread die?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Shiiiit. Didn't even realize that was the infamous Benny. Did he let his e/n thread die?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3531379&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Even better, it ascended

texasmed
May 27, 2004
I feel proud when I look at our flagpoles and the Texas flag is flying at the same height as the US flag. It lets me know that Texas is not to be hosed with.

Also first day of classes, birds up etc

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Oh hey new thread. San Antonio goon checking (back) in.

It's still loving cold.

Still laughing at everyone scared of "immigrants", and the idea that my decidedly average life in a majority-minority neighborhood is a terrifying apocalyptic hellscape to a sizable chunk of America. Cowards.:smug:

texasmed posted:

I feel proud when I look at our flagpoles and the Texas flag is flying at the same height as the US flag. It lets me know that Texas is not to be hosed with.

Also first day of classes, birds up etc
Oh hey, hello fellow UTSA goon.:hfive:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Gatts posted:

IIRC Australian funnel webs already have a presence and there was a scare about it a few years back. Dunno how invasive they are and we have our own funnel webs, our natural predators and aggressive pesticide use may have contained them, or they simply do not flourish here

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
My first trip to the south was to New Orleans a year ago and it ruled and the south is a very cool place once you actually visit it, I am looking forward to visiting Texas soon and enjoying honest to god barbecue because I didn't really have a chance while I was in New Orleans

I was born and raised in the northwest so that provides my current definition of barbecue and I hear I am in for something

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
also binging constantly on King of the Hill has made me curious about Texas, any state that can produce a man like Hank Hill is a good place

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

we draped up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQnxtNd8H3g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

hemophilia posted:

The prickly pear Shiner is bar none my favorite.

Also Gnarly can we have a rule against anti texas poo poo posters here? Being a thick skinned Texan who brushed off their bullshit is fine for me but i feel like desecrating this great state in a thread for it should not be allowed.

Yeah, that is a solid, solid beer. Their birthday beer this year is pretty good, too.

• Locked thread