Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

If you aren't watching Taymoo you are a traitor to the sport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
It'd be nice to see that shot from an angle where we could definitively tell it didn't cross the line.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
One time I offered a friend of mine a Wild ticket and he was tied up going to a High School hockey game. The Wild lost that game by 3+ goals or something and he had fun watching High School hockey.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus, this game should be like 5-0 by now.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
:lol: went backwards through Backstrom's 5-hole

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
i just want the wild to drop their gloves and sticks and roll around on the ice like slugs covered in a thick buttery sauce

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
whoops on the trumpet playing there

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

how come the blackhawks were lovely for a long time and now are really good but the wild were lovely for a while and now are ????

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Top Hats Monthly posted:

how come the blackhawks were lovely for a long time and now are really good but the wild were lovely for a while and now are ????

Because Bill Wirtz died

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Because Bill Wirtz died

I don't think anyone dying is going to help the Minnesota Wild organization

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Ah, an intermission discussion that is entirely about swearing.

Dak02
Nov 23, 2003

SPARE SOME CHANGE??
Man, where did all this dust suddenly come from....

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Also like I said in a previous GDT. My dad was to a game a year with the North Stars since '67. He doesn't give a poo poo about the Wild. It's kinda sad.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

taymoo

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

did you know mike yeo sends his kids to a private school?

that makes him hitler

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Top Hats Monthly posted:

did you know mike yeo sends his kids to a private school?

that makes him hitler

Does he like cake?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Dale Ouise posted:

Does he like cake?

Edina isn't a private school, although they are just as bad. It's been a while since I've followed HS Hockey but I'm pretty sure all Private schools club Public schools because they typically have really good players. It's actually a problem in Minnesota, not sure about other states.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Dak02 posted:

Man, where did all this dust suddenly come from....

It's just so dry lately can't help but tear up from time to time

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, Johnny the Junior reporter is a pretty cute segment.

edit - :laffo: at the last interview with Sharp and the kid saying his mom thought he was handsome.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

TMMadman posted:

Haha, Johnny the Junior reporter is a pretty cute segment.

That kid's mom needs to stay the gently caress away from my man :argh:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Yeo understands Vanek trying to set up Parise after death of dad but said its demoralizing on bench every time #mnwild passes up these shots

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

The Oilers are bad at hockey and it's pretty hilarious.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
a sad luuu

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

That kid's mom needs to stay the gently caress away from my man :argh:

Hey, you can't claim Sharp all to yourself.

He's so handsome, he belongs to everyone!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The Wild loving suck rear end

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

T...Teemu :swoon:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

I remember seeing North Star games in Minneapolis as a kid, and how mad my dad was when they moved to Dallas. I even saw one of the first exhibition games the Wild played, which was here in Portland of all places. But they've never really set the league on fire the way I thought they would given how much Minnesota loves hockey.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

The Wild loving suck rear end

I didn't even know you watched hockey

Radio network: "The Wild just need to play harder. Yeo needs to fire this haha, excuse" *sound of muffled mic*

Jet Jaguar posted:

I remember seeing North Star games in Minneapolis as a kid, and how mad my dad was when they moved to Dallas. I even saw one of the first exhibition games the Wild played, which was here in Portland of all places. But they've never really set the league on fire the way I thought they would given how much Minnesota loves hockey.

It translates well at the college and high school level. I mean if you think about it that way the Texans/Cowboys would be awesome at football and Indiana awesome at basketball.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, that pass and shot from Kane and Toews.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I didn't even know you watched hockey

Casual preds fan for a few years now. Closest team since the Thrashers moved :smith:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Carcillo passing to a phantom player only he can see.

EDIT: Both a "knifed in" and "would not go" within seconds! Go Doc!

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
roy has like 6 points in 7 games for the oilers

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Jet Jaguar posted:

Carcillo passing to a phantom player only he can see.

Surprised he didn't take a swing at him

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Casual preds fan for a few years now. Closest team since the Thrashers moved :smith:

Out of curiosity, who watched the Thrashers? I know Atlanta is tepid about the Falcons but I distinctly remember Thrashers games looking like peewee games in the stands

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Balls, I can't believe I missed like 90% of the Selanne retirement. I'd better be able to watch it somewhere later.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Man, the NBCSN crew is really hard on the Wild :stare: SPOILER it's all deserved

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Out of curiosity, who watched the Thrashers? I know Atlanta is tepid about the Falcons but I distinctly remember Thrashers games looking like peewee games in the stands

church groups who got block seating and the three or four die hard Atlanta Flames fans who hadn't died yet.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

church groups who got block seating and the three or four die hard Atlanta Flames fans who hadn't died yet.

Atlanta killed two separate franchises--I don't think anybody else has approached that record, one wonders if they'll get a third.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
"Fleischmann doesn't have a hockey stick that's not a good news"

Panthers colour commentator is real good

• Locked thread