Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
NBCSN sounds so pissed they have to show the Minnesota Wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
What I want: Parise to get just enraged and beat the poo poo out of Chicago

What will happen: fart

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

For being .546 it sure doesn't feel like Yeo is that way

edit: text from dad: "I want the North Stars back" :rolleye:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

That was one hell of a shift by the Hawks

how did you guys not score anywho

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

wow! it's like the wild are bad!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

WHAT A HAPHAZARD EFFORT BY EVERYONE WEARING WHITE AND ESPECIALLY JASON POMINVILLE, BAH GAWD, THAT'S JON TOEWS MUSIC

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

it literally feels like the Hawks are on the PP

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

haha this game is pretty funny

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Hawks have played like poo poo the past few games, so they're due for a vengeance blowout win.

then what are the wild due for

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I was near the Upper Peninsula and I picked up a sports talk station that was condemning Wild fans for being too fickle about their chances this season.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Like I've said, if I had no hope for this season I wouldn't be mad but to see stats flashed everywhere that we HAVE SOMETHING SPECIAL this year is what grinds my gears

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

oh yeah if we don't win today we fall to .500 lmao

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

One time I offered a friend of mine a Wild ticket and he was tied up going to a High School hockey game. The Wild lost that game by 3+ goals or something and he had fun watching High School hockey.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

i just want the wild to drop their gloves and sticks and roll around on the ice like slugs covered in a thick buttery sauce

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

how come the blackhawks were lovely for a long time and now are really good but the wild were lovely for a while and now are ????

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Because Bill Wirtz died

I don't think anyone dying is going to help the Minnesota Wild organization

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Also like I said in a previous GDT. My dad was to a game a year with the North Stars since '67. He doesn't give a poo poo about the Wild. It's kinda sad.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

did you know mike yeo sends his kids to a private school?

that makes him hitler

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Dale Ouise posted:

Does he like cake?

Edina isn't a private school, although they are just as bad. It's been a while since I've followed HS Hockey but I'm pretty sure all Private schools club Public schools because they typically have really good players. It's actually a problem in Minnesota, not sure about other states.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Yeo understands Vanek trying to set up Parise after death of dad but said its demoralizing on bench every time #mnwild passes up these shots

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

The Wild loving suck rear end

I didn't even know you watched hockey

Radio network: "The Wild just need to play harder. Yeo needs to fire this haha, excuse" *sound of muffled mic*

Jet Jaguar posted:

I remember seeing North Star games in Minneapolis as a kid, and how mad my dad was when they moved to Dallas. I even saw one of the first exhibition games the Wild played, which was here in Portland of all places. But they've never really set the league on fire the way I thought they would given how much Minnesota loves hockey.

It translates well at the college and high school level. I mean if you think about it that way the Texans/Cowboys would be awesome at football and Indiana awesome at basketball.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Casual preds fan for a few years now. Closest team since the Thrashers moved :smith:

Out of curiosity, who watched the Thrashers? I know Atlanta is tepid about the Falcons but I distinctly remember Thrashers games looking like peewee games in the stands

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Man, the NBCSN crew is really hard on the Wild :stare: SPOILER it's all deserved

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

PONG

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I like you

quote:

Hawks fan with thought bubble "Please don't put me on the kiss cam" flips the bird to the camera. Thought bubble was serious, I guess

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

TMMadman posted:

The Wild are really trying to make this a game.

and trying is winning

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I'm gonna start cheering for high school hockey again.

I bet we would kick your rear end Illinois.

HS Hockey National rank

Top Minnesota: #3 Edina
Top Illinois: #170 Loyola Gold

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Heaf posted:

Shattucks lost to some team in Indiana yesterday apparently

Ducks wearing all variety of Teemu jerseys. Bryz, Freddie, and Nate Thompson sporting Wild Wing

I hate the very notion of Shattuck St. Mary's so I don't really care

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I'm surprised Blues fans aren't more mad about not having a championship in nearly 50 years. Granted their baseball team probably does it all the time for them.

Minnesota wants something :smithcloud:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Zucker :smith:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Okay maybe I should stop watching hockey.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Could we at least have a moral victory?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I have tickets for the Carolina @ Minnesota game. I'm getting horrible thoughts of selling my tickets :tinfoil:

NBCSN is really mad about having to broadcast this game.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

This night is gonna get capped with some actually good Wild player getting injured bad

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

TMMadman posted:

What's a moral victory for you?

Getting a goal or not losing by 6?

either would be pretty cool

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Even the greatest professional athletes have bad days at work. For goaltender Nicklas Backstrom, one of the worst days of his celebrated career - Jan. 11, 2015 - is also one of his last as a Minnesota Wild player. Despite watching his starting goalie allow four goals by the Chicago Blackhawks, coach Mike Yeo keeps Backstrom in net. With a fifth, at last he motions for Backstrom to come out so backup goalie John Curry can take over. Backstrom fixes Yeo with a cold, spiteful stare before moving on to inform Wild Owner/Governor Craig Leipold that he has just played his last game as part of the Wild.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

...cooke :siren:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Stop showing last years playoffs :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Brad Richards has to be laughing mentally when he says the Wild are a good team

• Locked thread